• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Kings vs. Bulls in Port Elizabeth (20/04/2013)

Agreed cyclone and hein

Also noticed the last two weeks that JJ's game improved, now is it cause he is not in the bok mix anymore or because he has a decent no 12 for a change?
All in all the Bulls looks set for a play-off spot with the Cheetahs
Sharks and Stormers will be lucky if any of them makes the 6th spot

I don't think it's the Bok-thing that has changed with JJ. I think the new mindset with the whole Bulls-camp has somewhat changed since the tour. What I liked was the directness the Backline had... Jan and JJ and Mapoe on a couple of time straightened the line, and got over the advantage line.

JJ and Jan are combining well and maybe the more they play together, the more dangerous they will become... It will be interesting to see what happens this week with Meisiekind back in contention...

Did you see the game or did you read the stats? The bulls played a territorial game after their 20 point lead, hoping to exploit their weakness at fullback. It's a tactic, and an effective(albeit when Kirchner and Basson is there) one at that. I don't know why you think the bulls only have one game plan. Try and watch games more objectively.
First off all I think you have too much Bulls games, Sharks games or Stormers games that you think its attacking rugby. Why is it because they have scored 4 tries?First off all do you know what flat means?
This is what flat looks like
honiball2_zps43ab883e.gif
That is what it looks likeYou said exploit weakness atr the back??? What game did you watch. The Bulls did something once that was unexpected. In their own 22 the Kings went back and readjust their back 3 to receive the kick the Bulls did not kick and spread it wide. You said weakness at fullback?
vlcsnap-2013-04-24-18h36m31s3_zps221d871a.png

Who was the guy who did not drift? Look their fullback. WHo was standing at Fullback?
vlcsnap-2013-04-24-18h37m29s44_zps841ec48f.png

So what weakness have they exploit when the Kings drop Dmetri back everytime when they note Steyn stand way way deep. Yes they even created a ruck with extended players for Steyn to give him extra time. Luckily stopped by IRB So its predictable when he is going to kick. I did read the stats. Go to ruckinggoodstats and log in to the live game assessment. The Bulls kicked for territory and the mightier boot won which game them opportunity to maul over a lack luster Kings team. This is my concern when people think wow wonderful attacking rugby
vlcsnap-2013-04-22-13h27m41s69_zps67ed3315.png

A 3 man overlap and instead of throwing the flat pass and skipping the forward next to him and give it Ndugane with space 1 man to beat and 2 guys in support next to him? He went and throw it to he big forward next to him who bashed it up. Can be glad the Kings defensive structure was so badly organized as against a more a quality defensive organization that hole would have been closed and opportunity lost. Ndugane just made it over the try line where it should have been a easy run it.

This is my problem with SA rugby. Kicks Bulls kicked 32 times! Kings kicked 30 times and there were 34 line outs in the game! I don't know how you read stats but go look up who is leading the stats in kicks and line outs won in Super Rugby you will note all South African teams exception of Cheetahs who kick and chase who then try to win the line out. The Bulls gained (1327m) with their 32 kicks where Kings gained 1030m with their kicks. No brainer to see Battle of the boot + Bigger boot = winner as it was the case here.

Last edited:
First off all I think you have too much Bulls games, Sharks games or Stormers games that you think its attacking rugby. Why is it because they have scored 4 tries?First off all do you know what flat means?
This is what flat looks likeThat is what it looks likeYou said exploit weakness atr the back??? What game did you watch. The Bulls did something once that was unexpected. In their own 22 the Kings went back and readjust their back 3 to receive the kick the Bulls did not kick and spread it wide. You said weakness at fullback?

Who was the guy who did not drift? Look their fullback. WHo was standing at Fullback?
So what weakness have they exploit when the Kings drop Dmetri back everytime when they note Steyn stand way way deep. Yes they even created a ruck with extended players for Steyn to give him extra time. Luckily stopped by IRB So its predictable when he is going to kick. I did read the stats. Go to ruckinggoodstats and log in to the live game assessment. The Bulls kicked for territory and the mightier boot won which game them opportunity to maul over a lack luster Kings team. This is my concern when people think wow wonderful attacking rugby

A 3 man overlap and instead of throwing the flat pass and skipping the forward next to him and give it Ndugane with space 1 man to beat and 2 guys in support next to him? He went and throw it to he big forward next to him who bashed it up. Can be glad the Kings defensive structure was so badly organized as against a more a quality defensive organization that hole would have been closed and opportunity lost. Ndugane just made it over the try line where it should have been a easy run it.

This is my problem with SA rugby. Kicks Bulls kicked 32 times! Kings kicked 30 times and there were 34 line outs in the game! I don't know how you read stats but go look up who is leading the stats in kicks and line outs won in Super Rugby you will note all South African teams exception of Cheetahs who kick and chase who then try to win the line out. The Bulls gained (1327m) with their 32 kicks where Kings gained 1030m with their kicks. No brainer to see Battle of the boot + Bigger boot = winner as it was the case here.

A fly half doesn't have to be flat to be attacking you know.

How many tries have the sharks scored this season? If you take away the rebels game they haven't scored more than 5!

And yet, they have a fly half playing flat... As opposed to that, steyn has got his backs away by not standing flat and they have scored plenty of tries.

Latest posts