• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tall Blacks v Boomers

Originally posted by Wally@Jul 10 2004, 01:25 AM
What's England like on the basketball front?
Basketball is just something played in schools when football/rugby pitches are water logged.

Make no mistake. Basketball is about as popular in this country as.... a very... unpopular thing.....

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jul 10 2004, 12:45 AM
Probably something the Warriors would have been reasonably happy with
<

I just don't get, with your population, how you can hardly stay at the top of any of your popular sports at any one time. In other words, why do you suck so bad? Is it the Queen?

They were only on top on Soccer once when the World Cup in the 60's but have sucked since then as for Rugby their time of dominance was supposed to be now lasted about a year even though they are world Champions
<

Originally posted by Wally@Jul 10 2004, 03:25 PM
I just don't get, with your population, how you can hardly stay at the top of any of your popular sports at any one time. In other words, why do you suck so bad? Is it the Queen?
Radical underfunding.

We'd rather spend more money on digging up roads than looking after sports.
<

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Jul 10 2004, 05:59 PM
They were only on top on Soccer once when the World Cup in the 60's but have sucked since then as for Rugby their time of dominance was supposed to be now lasted about a year even though they are world Champions
<
Honestly mate, football has always been the most popular sport in England, despite the popular myth it only took off in 1966. Basketball has never had a look in.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Jul 10 2004, 12:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Jul 10 2004, 12:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan
@Jul 10 2004, 05:59 PM
<
Honestly mate, football has always been the most popular sport in England, despite the popular myth it only took off in 1966. Basketball has never had a look in. [/b]
Soccer has been the most popular throughout the country but Lancashire/Yorkshire RL cup finals used to get bigger crowds than the F.A cup finals did.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Jul 10 2004, 11:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Jul 10 2004, 11:55 PM)</div>
They were only on top on Soccer once when the World Cup in the 60's but have sucked since then as for Rugby their time of dominance as supposed to be now lasted about a year even though they are world Champions
<
Honestly mate, football has always been the most popular sport in England, despite the popular myth it only took off in 1966. Basketball has never had a look in. [/b]
I know Soccer most popular but just to start argument i didnt say anything about Basketball did i
<

The Tall Blacks have been pipped at the post in the trans-Tasman basketball test series against the Boomers.

Heading into Sunday's third and deciding test in Invercargill, the series was level at one-all.

But Australia has won the series following a 90-79 win in the deep south.

The Boomers got off to a fiery start in the clincher but the home side clawed their way back in the third and fourth quarters.

At half time, the Boomers led 46-29.

It's just the name of the team, could mean something in Aboriginal I suppose. I forgot about this afternoon's game. I thought their might have been a white wash but obviously it wasn't meant to be.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 11 2004, 03:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 11 2004, 03:21 AM)</div>
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 10 2004, 12:55 PM
<

Honestly mate, football has always been the most popular sport in England, despite the popular myth it only took off in 1966. Basketball has never had a look in.
Soccer has been the most popular throughout the country but Lancashire/Yorkshire RL cup finals used to get bigger crowds than the F.A cup finals did. [/b]
<

Latest posts