• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Test Match 1: All Blacks v British & Irish Lions (Auckland)

tempo at the moment is a bit too intense for the lions. Need to just slow it down.

Some poor missed first time tackles aren't helping.

NZ offloading game good. Lions need to make sure the defensive line speed stays up there as they've started to slow due to the recycling speed. Need to stay away from the open game and get it tight again.

High ball working well.

Interestingly poised so far.

Whoever called us doing RL tackling on SBW called it, we're doing proper day one RL one high one low on him. Makes sense to have Farrell and Teo, both from RL backgrounds, in that regard!

Whoever called us doing RL tackling on SBW called it, we're doing proper day one RL one high one low on him. Makes sense to have Farrell and Teo, both from RL backgrounds, in that regard!
It was Tigs Man....Don't feed the ego!

Alun wyn Jones is smashed already

Codie taylor winger try... 8-0 kick to come

Had a bit of bad luck with the decisions so far. Felt retallick didn't realised for the penalty further behind the field and that pen that led to the try could have gone either way. Our backrow arent getting quick ball at the moment, as powerful as they are, we may need a jackler on.

Nice finish from the ABs. Lions need the next score now. Even if it's just 3 points.

Simple execution. I was actually wondering seeing Japan struggle at 5 metre attacking lineouts, why more teams don't just tap and go within 5 metres. Obviously it caught the Lions on the hop a bit here (Aaron Smith having a blinder so far after me saying I'd take TJP), but I don't know why it isn't done a lot more often.

Daly needed to keep his width. Shouldn't allow a hooker to beat him in the corner.
Yup - even an OC should know not to position himself halfway between the OC and wingman (even if he's a hooker) - no need for Daly to be where he was, every need for him to be further wide

Latest posts