• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Test Match 3: All Blacks v British & Irish Lions (Auckland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the evolution of Haskell and SOB's friendship, on Haskell's Instagram stories. They're legit bffl now
Were they roomed together in the first place because of SOB's comments about him after the 6 Nations Italy game or was that coincidental?

Lions selections anyone? McGrath surely has to start ahead of Mako. While AWJ had a decent enough game I think it's obvious that Lawes and Henderson offer much more. One of them starting and one on the bench would really add another level of physical intensity, it's a pity Gats will probably still go AWJ anyways. I don't mind too much, I really like AWJ, maybe he brings something to the team that we can't see - leadership, something in the changing room etc.

Similar to Warbs, the lack of discipline surely must have something to do with his leadership? Have only rewatched the first 30 so I can't comment too much. However the attributes he was brought in for - slowing down the ball/ruck nuisance - clearly showed and I doubt Gats would or should start POM instead for his lineout prowess/potential better leadership. 6. is a moot point to discuss anyways I feel, I think we can all pretty much guarantee Warbs will start next weekend.

Apart from that I really don't see where else changes should be made. I would've loved for Seymour to have a shot, don't think he'll get a look in though. Would be a real shame if no Scots featured in a Test. Probably just a bit too soon for a prominent Scots contingent to the Lions. No doubt next time we will see more!

I love the evolution of Haskell and SOB's friendship, on Haskell's Instagram stories. They're legit bffl now
Best bit of all the tour. Haskell is a comedian and the 2 lads are non stop taking ****

Do you Kiwis actually think your going to lose this?

All it takes is another player to have another brain fart like Sonny Bill did and Boom ! we're in a world of hurt.
One of the joys of rugby is that its not a done deal like some other sports and the Lions are no mugs.

Hansen needs to get his players by the scruff of the neck and let them know that under no circumstances are they to behave foolishly in front of the cameras. Clean up the tackling, its not rugby league.
If we keep 15 players on the park I'm quietly confident but after last week, who knows?

I think we will see a ALB (12) and Fekitoa (13) midfield facing the Lions this weekend. Same midfield pairing that started v Ireland in Dublin last November.

Mako should definitely not start the next Test.
He had a poor game on Sat. probably because of the conditions.

He gave away 4 penalties and received a yellow card.
I think he would make an impact off the bench if he could cut out the mistakes.

Lawes is too busy partying it up in the clubs...cheating on his wife. Bloody disgusted when I found out he has a wife. Wouldn't have batted an eye otherwise.
What's that have to do with his rugby?

Y
Do you Kiwis actually think your going to lose this?
yes. ABs aren't gods. Ill prep and underestimation of the oppn can derail them just like any other team. I expect ABs to show full respect to this great lions team. U have to else they'll get spanked

I think most of you are over thinking this,
The danger here is ABs not showing respect to the oppn. Any team can lose a game if aren't prepd properly

Respect? To who? The guys who couldn't make the local soccer teams? NZ should have this one put away by about the 4 min mark.

I don't think it's a case of ABs not respecting the other team, I think Test 2 was a case of the Lions just being a better team.

Also it isn't soccer it is football FFS.

Things like american football (USA), Aussie rules football (Aus) and Celtic Football (IRE) are all poverty version of the main football.

Lions selections anyone? McGrath surely has to start ahead of Mako. While AWJ had a decent enough game I think it's obvious that Lawes and Henderson offer much more. One of them starting and one on the bench would really add another level of physical intensity, it's a pity Gats will probably still go AWJ anyways. I don't mind too much, I really like AWJ, maybe he brings something to the team that we can't see - leadership, something in the changing room etc.

Similar to Warbs, the lack of discipline surely must have something to do with his leadership? Have only rewatched the first 30 so I can't comment too much. However the attributes he was brought in for - slowing down the ball/ruck nuisance - clearly showed and I doubt Gats would or should start POM instead for his lineout prowess/potential better leadership. 6. is a moot point to discuss anyways I feel, I think we can all pretty much guarantee Warbs will start next weekend.

Apart from that I really don't see where else changes should be made. I would've loved for Seymour to have a shot, don't think he'll get a look in though. Would be a real shame if no Scots featured in a Test. Probably just a bit too soon for a prominent Scots contingent to the Lions. No doubt next time we will see more!
Ritchie Grey (Gray)? Was he injured? Might have been a useful tourist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts