• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The 47 dream (on) team!

Geraghty is now out - so can we have him back for Ireland? [/b]

Since when was Coventry situated in Ireland? :bleh!: Because that was where he was born. If anything, the South Asian nations have a bigger claim on him because Coventry is slowly being turned into Coventry-stan.

I'm kind of half relieved about Gerahty actually, I'd rather he just sedately improve to be awesome for the 2011 world cup rather than be chucked in as a forlorn hope and get chewed up in an embarrasing fashion that only Matthew Tait knows. Maybe I'm still haunted by memories of England's fiasco at Cardiff in 2005.

Still though the experience up until now has been good for Shane...imagine what it would have been like for Danny Cipriani, he could have had a couple of weeks away with the lads, gone on an adventure training week with the Royal Marines, muck around in Portugal! He's missed out!

I'm not surprised Lund has been omitted, I had some real worries about whether he could hack high pressure games in front of hostile crowds. Imagine what a Semi Final against France at the Stade de France would have been like for him! He was rattled something bad at Croke Park (whereas David Strettle just laughed and kept running) while he was positively spooked by the Millenium Stadium crowd. Reminds me of Ian Bell: Rabbit.

Geraghty is the only one of the 6 who have been cut so far that I'm disappointed about. Inexperienced, true, but he has the ability to scare the best defenses on the planet with his pace.

All the others aren't really that much of a loss. Especially Hazell. Who I hate. [/b]
what has geraghty done has he even played for england.

<div class='quotemain'> Geraghty is the only one of the 6 who have been cut so far that I'm disappointed about. Inexperienced, true, but he has the ability to scare the best defenses on the planet with his pace.

All the others aren't really that much of a loss. Especially Hazell. Who I hate. [/b]
what has geraghty done has he even played for england. [/b][/quote]

Yes.

He came on a substitute and tore into the French on debut.

I've also seen him whizz round Wilkinson all match first hand at club level. The guy has the potential to become one of the best running 10s in the business.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("SPIDER18")</div>
what has geraghty done has he even played for england.[/b]

Well...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXBcTqxNIhE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXBcTqxNIhE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seems vaguely reminiscent of a certain Sterling Mortlock making McAllister and McCaw look like your average Italian forwards, hmm? :D

Now I've actually found a clip of Geraghty's break I can compare it to Mortlock's break against New Zealand in this years Tri Nations. Both broke through two tackles, both set up match winning tries. In fact they both cause havoc through the break, create panic in the opposition team and execute excellent offloads to a waiting team mate to score. Mortlock's wins though because he had to dodge round Mr McCaw and his offload was cleaner.

Failing that a rather dapper center as well!

Failing that a rather dapper center as well! [/b]

ShutUpBitch.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("SPIDER18")
what has geraghty done has he even played for england.[/b]

Well...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXBcTqxNIhE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXBcTqxNIhE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seems vaguely reminiscent of a certain Sterling Mortlock making McAllister and McCaw look like your average Italian forwards, hmm? :D

Now I've actually found a clip of Geraghty's break I can compare it to Mortlock's break against New Zealand in this years Tri Nations. Both broke through two tackles, both set up match winning tries. In fact they both cause havoc through the break, create panic in the opposition team and execute excellent offloads to a waiting team mate to score. Mortlock's wins though because he had to dodge round Mr McCaw and his offload was cleaner.

Failing that a rather dapper center as well! [/b][/quote] so one game against the most inconsistent team in the world. wow i'm impressed. not.honestly thats exceptionally desperate comparing him to mortlock who only just wins are you kidding me? take off your rose tinted glasses and remember ENGLAND HAS NO CHANCE AT THIS YEARS WORLD CUP.

You as a question (which is only because of your own ignorance) and get a decent responce, so in return start slagging him off.

Some people are real arseholes.

You as a question (which is only because of your own ignorance) and get a decent responce, so in return start slagging him off.

Some people are real arseholes. [/b]
so i should praise him for suggesting that one play is enough for some untested player to be selected in eng world cup thirty and a snide remark about my team(abs) and a generally sarcastic attitude. wow am so sorry(not). seriously if you can't take a bit of banter get of the boards.

What you're doing is not banter, it's looking to start fights and being bloody rude. You already know I don't like you, so instead of telling me to 'get of the boards ' (there's a double 'f' on 'off', so you know! ;) ), I suggest you don't push your luck.

so one game against the most inconsistent team in the world. wow i'm impressed. not.honestly thats exceptionally desperate comparing him to mortlock who only just wins are you kidding me? take off your rose tinted glasses and remember ENGLAND HAS NO CHANCE AT THIS YEARS WORLD CUP. [/b]

Whoa whoa whoa! theres one thing doing some banter, but its entirely another thing to just come out and be incredibly rude and insulting for no reason. You asked a question, I gave you an answer and for some reason you feel incredibly aggreived and angry that I gave you an answer.

Lets go through each 'point' bit by bit:

so one game against the most inconsistent team in the world. wow i'm impressed. not.[/b]

Yes, but consistent enough to screw you over on several occasions. Yes, they may be unpredictable, but thats what makes them so dodgy to play against. Are they going to steamroller you or simply roll away? You seem to have completely failed to appreciate this fact. Also, it is a rather desperate attempt to detract from what was a superb break made by Geraghty.

If you had bothered to watch the match, maybe you could give me some real points to back up your rather pig ignorant and needlessly insulting posts. The Chihiro without any of the rather desperate humour methinks!

honestly thats exceptionally desperate comparing him to mortlock who only just wins are you kidding me?[/b]

If you had bothered to pay attention, you would have noticed that I was just comparing the two breaks that they made and remarked that they were very, very similar in nature. Did I write a 200 page thesis on whether Shane Geraghty was better than Stirling Mortlock? No, I didn't. I think it was exceptionally desperate of you in your haste to be as much a ******** as possible to point out something which, to be frank, didn't exist. Do please think before you speak next time.

take off your rose tinted glasses and remember ENGLAND HAS NO CHANCE AT THIS YEARS WORLD CUP.[/b]

Right, where has this come from? Have you been listening to Comical Ripper's propaganda again? Apparently, us in England are so confident that we're going to win the Rugby World Cup that in between drinking warm cider, riding around on horses and morris dancing, we're building a huge wooden superstructure down our carridge lanes which will be covered in stained glass and lights powered by electricity (not gas) from the UK's first ever power plant (based in Chealsea and powered on by hundreds of hamsters).

Remember chaps, you got this newsflash only from Comical Ripper!!

No, if you had read this thread, you wouldn't be so criminally stupid to suggest that we're already celebrating a World Cup victory. Stop being such an ignorant fool and play nicely.

I quite liked that break but it wasn't the only one in that match if I remember correctly. He made a couple of brilliant breaks against SA when he came on didn't he?

I think he did, the same against Wales. He is always looking for the offload, you have to tie the guy down to not worry about him.

What you're doing is not banter, it's looking to start fights and being bloody rude. You already know I don't like you, so instead of telling me to 'get of the boards ' (there's a double 'f' on 'off', so you know! ;) ), I suggest you don't push your luck. [/b]
theres also a k in asked (your previous post) people make mistakes. none of what i said was against the rules so i don't think i'm pushing my luck. good to see your still watching.

<div class='quotemain'>so one game against the most inconsistent team in the world. wow i'm impressed. not.honestly thats exceptionally desperate comparing him to mortlock who only just wins are you kidding me? take off your rose tinted glasses and remember ENGLAND HAS NO CHANCE AT THIS YEARS WORLD CUP. [/b]

Whoa whoa whoa! theres one thing doing some banter, but its entirely another thing to just come out and be incredibly rude and insulting for no reason. You asked a question, I gave you an answer and for some reason you feel incredibly aggreived and angry that I gave you an answer.

Lets go through each 'point' bit by bit:

so one game against the most inconsistent team in the world. wow i'm impressed. not.[/b]

Yes, but consistent enough to screw you over on several occasions. Yes, they may be unpredictable, but thats what makes them so dodgy to play against. Are they going to steamroller you or simply roll away? You seem to have completely failed to appreciate this fact. Also, it is a rather desperate attempt to detract from what was a superb break made by Geraghty.

If you had bothered to watch the match, maybe you could give me some real points to back up your rather pig ignorant and needlessly insulting posts. The Chihiro without any of the rather desperate humour methinks!

honestly thats exceptionally desperate comparing him to mortlock who only just wins are you kidding me?[/b]

If you had bothered to pay attention, you would have noticed that I was just comparing the two breaks that they made and remarked that they were very, very similar in nature. Did I write a 200 page thesis on whether Shane Geraghty was better than Stirling Mortlock? No, I didn't. I think it was exceptionally desperate of you in your haste to be as much a ******** as possible to point out something which, to be frank, didn't exist. Do please think before you speak next time.

take off your rose tinted glasses and remember ENGLAND HAS NO CHANCE AT THIS YEARS WORLD CUP.[/b]

Right, where has this come from? Have you been listening to Comical Ripper's propaganda again? Apparently, us in England are so confident that we're going to win the Rugby World Cup that in between drinking warm cider, riding around on horses and morris dancing, we're building a huge wooden superstructure down our carridge lanes which will be covered in stained glass and lights powered by electricity (not gas) from the UK's first ever power plant (based in Chealsea and powered on by hundreds of hamsters).

Remember chaps, you got this newsflash only from Comical Ripper!!

No, if you had read this thread, you wouldn't be so criminally stupid to suggest that we're already celebrating a World Cup victory. Stop being such an ignorant fool and play nicely. [/b][/quote] sorry i was way off the mark. though you did have a crack at mccaw. also the reason i asked about geraghty was because people were saying that he should be in the world cup so i mistakenly took this as the reason you thought he should be at the world cup.my bad. anyone know why teh mite seems to dislike me so much? has something to do with me getting banned.

All, please stop.

Easy tigers... everyone chill..... first complant has been raised and will be delt with.
Please keep this in line, that includes members and all staff, do not get personel.

Thread will be monitored... 1st warning to all...

sorry i was way off the mark. though you did have a crack at mccaw. also the reason i asked about geraghty was because people were saying that he should be in the world cup so i mistakenly took this as the reason you thought he should be at the world cup.my bad. anyone know why teh mite seems to dislike me so much? has something to do with me getting banned. [/b]

Its okay, so long as we are clear then no hard feelings. I might want to remind all chaps not to overreact on this thread.

If you want my opinion, I would rather Geraghty be kept back until 2011 for he is only about 18 or 19, much better to ease him in over four years than throw him straight at the Springboks.

yeah no hard feelings. what do you think engs best starting 15 is? i promise not to go nuts this time :D

so whats going on with the england squad, who are they going with at fly half

jonny 'brittle' wilkinson
charlie 'douche bag' hodges
toby 'god send' flood
or
shane 'unproven' geraghty?

Ah, now, Geraghty has been sent back home. So now you have the first three.

Now, after viewing the 40 man squad I'd pick the following 15:
(Note this will be from the 40 men in the England World Cup squad)

1. K Yates
2. M Regan
3. P Vickery
4. M Corry
5. B Kay
6. N Easter
7. T Rees
8. D Ward-Smith
9. S Perry
10. T Flood
11. J Robinson
12. M Catt
13. M Tait
14. D Strettle
15. D Cipriani

This I feel is the best balance of youth and experience that is possible under the present annoying squad presented to me.

Latest posts