• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best full back

<div class='quotemain'>
Mils can thank his lucky stars Bruce didn't head back to Wikato 2 years ago; Smith specifically called him to return home as he was desperate to include him into the ABs set up. [/b]

That's your opinion and i dont think Raihana was a threat to Mil's even when Raihana was in his prime...He's a better 7s player then he is @ 15s...I played with Bruce or "chopper" as we called him back then, in the junior Northern Regional teams[/b][/quote]

Both Mils & Reihana are lucky that Lavea never switched to fullback early on his career....otherwise, he would have been the world's best. :p

MY TOP FULLBACKS ARE

1.PERCY MONTGMRY ---SOUTH AFRICA
2.ISA NACEWA ---- FIJI
3.GARET THOMA ----WALES

Must you always write every reply in capital letters?! lol oh well.

I can understand Percy being somewhere in your top 3, but Nacewa and Gareth?! I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I'm especially distressed that a rugby fan would rate Alfie Thomas in the top 3!

I can understand Percy being somewhere in your top 3, but Nacewa and Gareth?! I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I'm especially distressed that a rugby fan would rate Alfie Thomas in the top 3!
[/b]

Did you know Garet alfie thomas is Wales all-time top try scorer ????.....obviously not....this guy is skilled veteran player.
He led his country to a grand slam in 2005.
He won the Heinekin cup with Toulouse before becoming captain of the British Lions.
He is most-capped Wales player with his 93rd appearance.

You see I picked 3 diffrent styles at Fullback...when you build a squad you cant have a stack of the same types of players. If youre a coach on a team you have to be able to bring in certain players for certain situations in order to have impact on the game.

If you want an attacking fullback that does a lot of playmaking and attack...you put in Nacewa.
As a coach if you bring in garet thomas...you get an agressive player and a defensive player who can make stops at the defense....a leader on the field.
If want a more conservative approach than you go with Percy.
percy is always calm under pressure..... his kicking always serves a purpose and hardley aimlessly kicks.
hes a top goal kicker...has tons of experience....solid in defense and an all around solid fullback...thats why he is gonna be in the world cup for south Africa.

my point is I chose three diffrent impact players.

Get it !!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Did you know garet thomas is Wales all-time top try scorer ????.....obviously not....this guy is skilled veteran player.
He led his country to a grand slam in 2005.
He won the Heinekin cup with Toulouse before becoming captain of the British Lions.

You see I picked 3 diffrent styles at Fullback...when you build a squad you cant have a stack of the same types of players. If youre a coach on a team you have to be able to bring in certain players for certain situations in order to have impact on the game.

If you want an attacking fullback that does a lot of playmaking and attack...you put in Nacewa.
As a coach if you bring in garet thomas...you get a defensive player who can make stops at the defense....a leader on the field.
If want a more conservative approach than you go with Percy.
percy is always calm under pressure..... his kicking always serves a purpose and hardley aimlessly kicks.
hes a top goal kicker...has tons of experience....solid in defense and an all around solid fullback...thats why he is gonna be in the world cup for south Africa.

my point is I chose three diffrent impact players.

Get it !! [/b][/quote]
I know exactly what he has done, possibly even more so than you, for all you know I love the bloke and he's my favourite player. But you see, you are detailing what he has done. Not what he is doing which would warrant placing in the World's top 3 fullbacks at the moment. He's past his best and at the moment is not in the top 3 in any facets of the game. He used to be as the stats prove, but not anymore.

Peter Hewat [/b]
I love the bloke! It's a terrible shame the way selectors have treated him though which has forced him to want out of Australian rugby. It's also a shame that not many people outside of SANZAR got to see him play, apart from those who watched Warathas Super 14 games on payTV over wherever.

<div class='quotemain'> Peter Hewat [/b]
I love the bloke! It's a terrible shame the way selectors have treated him though which has forced him to want out of Australian rugby. It's also a shame that not many people outside of SANZAR got to see him play, apart from those who watched Warathas Super 14 games on payTV over wherever.
[/b][/quote]
I was actually joking, I reckon he is absolutely shocking....

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Peter Hewat [/b]
[/b][/quote]
I was actually joking, I reckon he is absolutely shocking.... [/b][/quote]
Well that's no good because I wasn't :) Everyone to their own I guess :p

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> He's never dipped since then, even though he was only training once a week and still carrying the injury, after returning from his ripped tendon this year he was still looking as sharp and quicker then anyone even 10 years his junior.

Mils can thank his lucky stars Bruce didn't head back to Wikato 2 years ago; Smith specifically called him to return home as he was desperate to include him into the ABs set up. [/b]

Even when Reihana was in his best form in New Zealand he struggled to make the All Blacks squad, let alone the starting lineup...He played in total two games for the All Blacks.... Unless he has got substantially better since he left New Zealand (which may be the case, as I have not seen him play more than a couple of games in 5 years) he is nowhere near the same level as Muliana.[/b][/quote]

That's the difference you see, I see Reihana every week and also see Mils most weeks on TV, so I can spot the difference! ;)
[/b][/quote]

True, however that Saint's eye-patch maybe affecting your sight slightly ;)
[/b][/quote]

Ah, but to put that idea one to bed, I'm also a Blues fan so it's an unbiased opinion! Besides, I'm not taking anything away from Mils when I say any of that. ;)

well as for the best ever to play the game i think its between jpr and blanco but as a over all player not contest jpr awsome

Its gotta be Chris Latham...wonder how he will do after his long injury though.

Its gotta be Chris Latham...wonder how he will do after his long injury though. [/b]
I think he'll be fine. Give him 50-80 mins in an international and the next game he'll be back to his best.

I know exactly what he has done, possibly even more so than you, for all you know I love the bloke and he's my favourite player. But you see, you are detailing what he has done. Not what he is doing which would warrant placing in the World's top 3 fullbacks at the moment. He's past his best and at the moment is not in the top 3 in any facets of the game. He used to be as the stats prove, but not anymore.
[/quote]

What he is doing !

Scored a try in 1st test against Australia.
Made the Wales Rugby World Cup Squad.

Well scoring a try against Australia doesn't make you one of the best fullbacks in the World and making the Wales Rugby World Cup Squad doesn't make you one of the best full backs in the world.

Making the Wales Rugby World Cup Squad means he is the best Fullback in Wales.

<div class='quotemain'> Its gotta be Chris Latham...wonder how he will do after his long injury though. [/b]
I think he'll be fine. Give him 50-80 mins in an international and the next game he'll be back to his best.
[/b][/quote]

That or he'll injure himself again. I agree that he is the best when at his best though.

Has to be Balshaw surely. Rock solid in defense, safe under the high ball and a demon going forward. :p

Latest posts