• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The BIG Rugby 2005 modification project

Is there anyway an editor could be made for the PS2 version of the game? You could upload the file from your PS2 to the PC using an X-Port, and then edit it from there. Then, transfer the file back to the PS2 using the X-Port again.

It's been done for Pro Evolution - can it be done for Rugby 2005?

Originally posted by umosay@Mar 17 2005, 08:31 PM
Someone make a patch for the resolutions please
<

This game doesn't run/look good at 1024 on a TFT :/
Can you actually do that?

Originally posted by Bluebirds@Mar 18 2005, 06:05 AM
Is there anyway an editor could be made for the PS2 version of the game? You could upload the file from your PS2 to the PC using an X-Port, and then edit it from there. Then, transfer the file back to the PS2 using the X-Port again.

It's been done for Pro Evolution - can it be done for Rugby 2005?
If you saved a roster file, could the file be transfered to PC using the X-Port ?
If yes, does the file editable with lazy_chesnut editor ?
Please, let us know if it's doable.

In looking at some xml files, i've seen the thing below

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
        <team Index="47" CodeId="BEGIN_FRANCE" TeamName="" TeamNameShort="" Abbreviation="" FlagCharacter="" HomeColour="0,0,0,0" AwayColour="0,0,0,0" Logo="" />
        <team Index="48" CodeId="ID_AGEN" TeamName="Agen" TeamNameShort="Agen" Abbreviation="AGE" FlagCharacter="e" HomeColour="254,254,254,255" AwayColour="225,0,0,255" Logo="agen" />
        <team Index="49" CodeId="ID_BEZIERS" TeamName="Beziers" TeamNameShort="Beziers" Abbreviation="BEZ" FlagCharacter="e" HomeColour="254,254,254,255" AwayColour="225,0,0,255" Logo="bez" />
        <team Index="50" CodeId="ID_BIARRITZ" TeamName="Biarritz" TeamNameShort="Biarritz" Abbreviation="BIA" FlagCharacter="e" HomeColour="180,36,8,255" AwayColour="243,243,243,255" Logo="biar" />
        <team Index="51" CodeId="ID_BOURGOIN" TeamName="Bourgoin" TeamNameShort="Bourgoin" Abbreviation="BOU" FlagCharacter="e" HomeColour="137,200,208,255" AwayColour="243,243,243,255" Logo="bour" />
        <team Index="52" CodeId="ID_BRIVE" TeamName="Brive" TeamNameShort="Brive" Abbreviation="BRI" FlagCharacter="e" HomeColour="254,254,254,255" AwayColour="225,0,0,255" Logo="bez" />
        <team Index="53" CodeId="ID_CASTRES_OLYMPIQUE" TeamName="Castres" TeamNameShort="Castres" Abbreviation="CAS" FlagCharacter="g" HomeColour="101,20,73,255" AwayColour="243,243,243,255" Logo="cast" />
        <team Index="54" CodeId="ID_MONTFERRAND" TeamName="Montferrand" TeamNameShort="Montferrand" Abbreviation="MON" FlagCharacter="o" HomeColour="197,220,216,255" AwayColour="82,181,255," Logo="mont" />
        <team Index="55" CodeId="ID_PERPIGNAN" TeamName="Perpignan" TeamNameShort="Perpignan" Abbreviation="PER" FlagCharacter="c" HomeColour="180,36,8,255" AwayColour="116,193,221,255" Logo="perp" />
        <team Index="56" CodeId="ID_STADE_FRANCAIS" TeamName="Paris" TeamNameShort="Paris" Abbreviation="PAR" FlagCharacter="v" HomeColour="0,29,97,255" AwayColour="243,243,243,255" Logo="stdf" />
        <team Index="57" CodeId="ID_TOULOUSE" TeamName="Toulouse" TeamNameShort="Toulouse" Abbreviation="TOU" FlagCharacter="x" HomeColour="32,32,32,255" AwayColour="243,243,243,255" Logo="toul" />
        <team Index="58" CodeId="FINISH_FRANCE" TeamName="" TeamNameShort="" Abbreviation="" FlagCharacter="" HomeColour="0,0,0,0" AwayColour="0,0,0,0" Logo="" />[/b]

Apparently, they talk about another french teams !
Anyway, I saw in some fsh files, that there is apparently secret teams :
Euro Stars
North Stars
South Stars
Super12 Stars
World Stars !

Idem for french Stadium
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
<stadium Index="48" CodeId="START_FRANCE" StadiumName="" Capacity="" City="" HomeTeam="" FeGfxPackage="" Country="" IntroScriptAnthem="" IntroScriptNormal="" />
        <stadium Index="49" CodeId="STA_FRA_ANTOINE" StadiumName="Castres" Capacity="9 500" City="Tarn" HomeTeam="Castres" FeGfxPackage="stdanto" Country="France" IntroScriptAnthem="" IntroScriptNormal="" />
        <stadium Index="50" CodeId="STA_FRA_BIARRITZ" StadiumName="Biarritz" Capacity="10 000" City="Biarritz" HomeTeam="Biarritz" FeGfxPackage="stdbiar" Country="France" IntroScriptAnthem="" IntroScriptNormal="" />
        <stadium Index="51" CodeId="STA_FRA_BOUIN" StadiumName="Paris" Capacity="40 000" City="Paris" HomeTeam="Paris" FeGfxPackage="stdboui" Country="France" IntroScriptAnthem="" IntroScriptNormal="" />
        <stadium Index="52" CodeId="STA_FRA_FRANCE_COUNTRY" StadiumName="Le Parc" Capacity="10 000" City="Le Parc, France" HomeTeam="France" FeGfxPackage="stdfcnt" Country="France" IntroScriptAnthem="Anthem_France_country" IntroScriptNormal="intro_France_country" />
        <stadium Index="53" CodeId="STA_FRA_MICHELIN" StadiumName="Clermont-Ferrand" Capacity="12 800" City="Puy-de-dome" HomeTeam="Montferrand" FeGfxPackage="stdmich" Country="France" IntroScriptAnthem="" IntroScriptNormal="" />
        <stadium Index="54" CodeId="STA_FRA_PPIGNAN" StadiumName="Perpignan" Capacity="12 000" City="Eastern Pyrenees" HomeTeam="Perpignan" FeGfxPackage="stdppig" Country="France" IntroScriptAnthem="" IntroScriptNormal="" />
        <stadium Index="55" CodeId="STA_FRA_STDEFRCE" StadiumName="France Stadium" Capacity="80 000" City="France Stadium, Paris" HomeTeam="National Team" FeGfxPackage="stdstdf" Country="France" IntroScriptAnthem="Anthem_Paris" IntroScriptNormal="intro_Paris" />
        <stadium Index="56" CodeId="STA_FRA_TOULOUSE" StadiumName="Stade de Ville" Capacity="38 000" City="Stade de Ville, France" HomeTeam="Toulouse" FeGfxPackage="stdtoul" Country="France" IntroScriptAnthem="Anthem_France_stadium" IntroScriptNormal="intro_France_stadium" />
        <stadium Index="57" CodeId="END_FRANCE" StadiumName="" Capacity="" City="" HomeTeam="" FeGfxPackage="" Country="" IntroScriptAnthem="" IntroScriptNormal="" />[/b]

I was able to open the .xsh files with fshed by renaming the with .fsh i tried importing the bath ands saints kit into the data_xbox.gob by renaming them as .xsh (hope that made sense)
But the game crashed just before the player came out of the tunnel.

Other than that what could I do, I'm not to technically sound computer-wise, but have a **** load of free time since I snapped my achilles last night at rugby training.

Just finished editing all the super 12 players to my liking, took farkin ages, now for the european teams.

Originally posted by knuck@Mar 18 2005, 10:47 PM
I was able to open the .xsh files with fshed by renaming the with .fsh i tried importing the bath ands saints kit into the data_xbox.gob by renaming them as .xsh (hope that made sense)

Other than that what could I do, I'm not to technically sound computer-wise, but have a **** load of free time since I snapped my achilles last night at rugby training.

Just finished editing all the super 12 players to my liking, took farkin ages, now for the european teams.
I think you can transfer these to an Action Replay file save, it could then be DL'ed and tranfered to a non modded X-Box.

Have you tried doing it the PC version way, leaving the .gob untouched and putting the modified .xsh in the root directory (where the .xbe file is) ?

When you open .fsh file with fshed, you have some information concerning the texture format ( for example, DXT1 compression for the PC kits).
How the .xsh texture are stored ? When you import your kit to the .xsh, are you sure the texture used the same structure as the original ?

the only difference is what you can see in the pic above.
i put the files, including the rdf roster file with the xbe and the rosters work but the texture files just crash the the game?

sorry if I'm sounding like a dumbass I really don't have a clue what I'm doing, I'll search around net for some tutorials and what not and I'll get back to ya.

Originally posted by knuck@Mar 19 2005, 02:06 PM

the only difference is what you can see in the pic above.
i put the files, including the rdf roster file with the xbe and the rosters work but the texture files just crash the the game?

sorry if I'm sounding like a dumbass I really don't have a clue what I'm doing, I'll search around net for some tutorials and what not and I'll get back to ya.
Sorry but the image have a bad resolution and I don't see the name of the opened file on the right part of the image.
Does both of the files are .xsh files ?
If yes, I am pretty sure the game crash cause of the texture compression.
The type on the left ( I guess the original ) show a DXT5 compression schema and the right one is DXT1.
You must import your kit and used the same compression schema as the original. (

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Mar 19 2005, 09:55 PM
BY ANY CHANCE CAN YOU GUYS MAKE ONLINE PLAY?
I think that's close to impossible mate... editing code is one thing, but reprograming the game to that extent! well........... If you see what I mean.

whoops sorry should have made the pic better quality, the one on the right is right is the fsh file from http://rugbydownloads.bizhat.com/ i used as a comparison for the original xsh file from the xbox.

As for making my own kit i wouldn't know where to start, not to clued up ya see

hehehe you gotta give it to him....pretty good idea though

Would it be possible to take swing low sweet chariot chant from WCR and put it into rugby 05? because in rugby 2005 i can hardly hear it

I've tried opening the roster file from the PS2 using this editor but it didn't work. I transferred it to my PS2 via my X-Port. It was wishful thinking I know - but is there anyway an editor can be made that's compatible with the PS2 version of the game?

Originally posted by Bluebirds@Mar 20 2005, 01:23 AM
I've tried opening the roster file from the PS2 using this editor but it didn't work. I transferred it to my PS2 via my X-Port. It was wishful thinking I know - but is there anyway an editor can be made that's compatible with the PS2 version of the game?
Can you make your roster file avalaible for download ?

Originally posted by shogun2k1+Mar 20 2005, 03:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shogun2k1 @ Mar 20 2005, 03:29 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Bluebirds
@Mar 20 2005, 01:23 AM
Can you make your roster file avalaible for download ? [/b]
Yeah sure. You got anywhere where I can host it?

What for though mate?

Latest posts