• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Bloodyslow the "epitomy" of Rugby!

D

Dragon Fanatic

That was the worst game I have ever seen of any sport and this supposed to be the "Pinnacle" of Rugby in the southern hemisphere and arguably the world. What a **** poor game.

What did you expect when you saw that cyclone set in?

rather watch that than league anyday

Originally posted by umosay@Jul 17 2004, 01:19 PM
it was ******* down the whole game... not just raining
<
Blaming it on the weather

so youd rather watch a cyclone than a game of league, me too, espescially if i was in the cyclone that would be mad.

Originally posted by incredible_holc@Jul 17 2004, 10:30 PM
so youd rather watch a cyclone than a game of league, me too, espescially if i was in the cyclone that would be mad.
What?
<

Yes, I would. The All Blacks played bloody excellent. And why would I be blaming the weather? The Bledisloe is still in NZ.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
so youd rather watch a cyclone than a game of league, me too, espescially if i was in the cyclone that would be mad.[/b]

Their was a team called the 'All Blacks' playing if you didn't realise, you think i'm not gonna watch it coz its raining?

Not seen it but I was warned in advance by Umosay that the weather would spoil the game a bit.

It spoilt it in a way, passing and catching were very difficult, and as seen by mortlocks try when he slid about 10m it was very wet

Umo take off your rose coloured glasses. The only good thing about the game was the beautiful right cross by Cannon on Mealamu. Poetry that was. The actual rugby was ****.

the result wasn't bad either, from my POV.

Cannon can now sit down and think about it while he has 2 weeks on the sideline. that was old school rugby, without the mud... and aussie got 0wned. Handle that.

If you love league so much, why do you care?

Any game of footy in those conditions is going to be crap, including rugby league. The St George v Brisbane game wasn't exactly exhilarating in the wet last week and those conditions were minor compared to what the Wallabies had to endure. Your just lucky you don't have to play in places like Dunedin and Wellington at night. Who the f*** would want to live in a place like that I have no idea.

When the Bledisloe is extended to a best-of-three competition nothing in league will be able to compete with it.

Mate Origin has been played heaps in the rain and never produces such boring crappy football. The referee was whistle happy and it totally killed the game. Mate even the wet weather style footy was crap. Live with it it was a **** game and Union is inferior to League the sooner you face that the better.

Yeah mate, i bet all of nz would rather watch 2 aussie states play league than watch the All Blacks...

yr.jpg

Originally posted by Dragon Fanatic@Jul 18 2004, 08:48 PM
Mate Origin has been played heaps in the rain and never produces such boring crappy football. The referee was whistle happy and it totally killed the game. Mate even the wet weather style footy was crap. Live with it it was a **** game and Union is inferior to League the sooner you face that the better fool.
I don't have a problem with any of that, bar your last sentence. The Great Debate is for sensible posts only, don't belittle yourself with rubbish like that. I prefer rugby, you prefer league, lets just leave it at that eh.

Originally posted by umosay@Jul 18 2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah mate, i bet all of nz would rather watch 2 aussie states play league than watch the All Blacks...
I'm going to have to chime in here.

As much as I respect the Bledisoe Cup, and indeed Southern Hemisphere union (I only have a problem with English yawnion and the RFU), in the 13 or so years I can remember watching games, a State of Origin game where both teams play top the best of their ability is better than a Bledisoe Cup game. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy the annual tonking of Aussies
<

I can't remember a SoO game eclipsing the 2000 game where 110,000 turned up and lomu scored in the last min to win.

best game ever

Originally posted by umosay@Jul 18 2004, 10:14 PM
best game ever
A question of personal taste, in my opinion.

My own personal favourite game was in January 2001, when my beloved Saints beat Brisbane Broncos 20-18 in the World Club Challenge to become the best team in the world. A feeling beyond belief to see your team crowned World Champions.

Latest posts