The Form International team so far

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by THE CHIROPRACTOR101, Mar 11, 2006.

1. you all got your own nations to speculate on...so go ahead and judge the players now who you believe have made great early strides thus far and deserve a spot in your national colours..

new zealand

15.Mcdonald
    14.R.Gear
    13.Nonu
    12.Mauger
    11.Sivivatu
    10.Carter
    9.Weepu
    8.Lauaki
    7.Mccaw
    6.Colins
    5.Ryan
    4.Eaton
    3.Hayman
    2.Oliver
    1.Somerville

16.Mealamu
    17.Tialata
    18.Jack
    19.Holah
    20.Senio
    21.Evans
    22.Kinikinilau

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. kaftka

kaftka Guest

That's a very strong team.... With NO Aucklanders in the starting lineup....

Aaaah, I love this country...

That's my post. No team from me yet.

....And we'd still kick arse!!!

4. Wally

Wally Guest

1. Fitter
    2. Cannon / Freier
    3. Blake
    4. McMeniman / Vickerman
    5. Sharpe
    6. Elsom / Heenan
    7. Smith
    8. Lyons
    9. Cordingley
    10. Larkham
    11. Tuqiri
    12. Giteau
    13. Mortlock
    14. Mitchell
    15. Latham / Rogers

5. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Flavell is really pushing for a spot IMO.

6. woosaah

woosaah Guest

i would swap eaton and jack and thats about it

cant comment on flavel for a number of reasons :)

7. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

I can... what's position is he looking for - waterboy?
    Couple of games (losign games at that) means nothing, whole season to play out yet.

8. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Rogers for me.
    Bernie's a hell of a player, but think that Rogers brings a completely different structure to the game... dynamic, aggressive, unpredictable, dangerous.

9. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Is one of those reasons being you have a hard on for Ruben Thorne still like the rest of your inbred province?

10. but collins would knock em da f*** out....

anyways its early days yet...only 4rounds in and we havent seen any real outstanding/consistant performers

11. eatons the mantiss!!!!!!!....

awesome player mayn..he ruined williams and then went to war against the force and then on the south african tour he held the lineouts together...

the highlanders 2 jumpers are doing great things too..im happy there are more then chris jack and ali williams now..seeing last year our problem area was depth in good locks..thats being covered slowly but surely

12. woosaah

woosaah Guest

no i dont think thorne would have a show getting in there, i havnt seen enough of flavel to comment on how he is going, i havnt been looking out for him. that is the main reason why i wouldnt comment.

though if anything maybe he would go on the bench in place of holah as an impact player. but thats a bit of a stretch

13. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

I disagree......... Larkham is the most important player to the Wallabies, always has been.

He has the best passing game in the world and we really missed that last year,the only part of his game thats not first class atm is he's kicking game,but thats why you play Giteau next to him.

Just look at the Wallabies record when he's playing compared to when he's not, last year we thrashed SA(5 tries to 0) with him in the team then look what happend to us in the Tri nations and NH tour last year without him.

Then you look at the Brumbies last year without Larkham compared to this years and the 2004 team, he's the best

I think Rogers would make a great impact utility back for us, not many teams have a guy like that on there bench.

14. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Aussie side

1. Fitter
    2. McKormack
    3. Sheperdson
    4. Vickerman
    5. Sharpe
    6. Heenan
    7. Smith
    8. Tawake
    9. Gregan
    10. Larkham
    11. Tuqiri
    12. Giteau
    13. Mortlock
    14. Rathbone
    15. Rogers

Reserves:
    Young
    Freier
    Chisholm
    Elsom
    Cordingley
    Gerrard
    Mitchell

15. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Very Brumbies biased side there Jacko....

I dont think Connolly is going to pick the brumbies third string hooker when we got Paul(injured),Freier,Cannon and Moore in good form..... and i dint think Tawake will ever see a Wallabies Jersey.

I'm also a bit suprised with your sig that you dont have Mitchell somewhere in that team...... personally I think Gerrard has been our best winger so far this year.

I would go with...

1.FITTER(he's a must with our scrum problems last year)
    2.PAUL/FREIER
    3.BAXTER(in great form)ROBINSON(can play both loose and tight)
    4.SHARPE
    5.VICKERMAN
    6.ELSOM/HEENAN
    7.SMITH
    8.FAVA(best #8 in oz)

9.CORDINGLEY
    10.LARKHAM
    11.GERRARD
    12.GITEAU
    13.MORTLOCK
    14.TUQIRI
    15.LATHAM

GREGAN
    MITCHELL
    YOUNG
    MCMENIMAN
    WAUGH
    ROGERS
    LYONS
    RATHBONE.......blah blah blah

16. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Ooh ooh!! How about a

11 Gerrard
    12 Giteau
    13 Tuqiri
    14 Mitchell
    15 Latham

backline?

Just for debate purposes.

17. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Are you Crazy.... thats way to out there ;)

18. kaftka

kaftka Guest

It makes sense.

Gerrard, Tuqiri, and Mitchell are all class, and I hate Mortlock for reasons that may or may not be obvious.

19. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Yeah it sounds good to me ,but Mortlock has been one of the best players in the Super14 so far and Tuqiri is yet to get his chance at 13 this year.

When Dell returns to the Tahs team Tuqiri will surely get his chance at 13.... and then we'll see how good he is at Outside...... he may well take that spot from Mortlock...... and wouldn't you Kiwis just love that. :)

20. gerrad sucks...hes the aussie version of caleb ralph...an opportunistic player and far from any sort of real impact...

sure he scores tries and what not...but look at the players around em?..like giteau,larkham and mortlock who do all the hardwork for him to do his fancy finishing..great utility too have but not a great player who can change the tide of a game of his own

21. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Gerrard>joe/dougie

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!