• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

Sergio wins it, and on what would have been the Seve Ballasteros' 60th birthday

Goosebumps!!!

Yep always had Garcia as a nearly man. Glad he proved his doubters wrong and won his first Major.

3rd consecutive final day major bottle job for Spieth?

Rory should have won this, but for yesterday's back 9 and Thursday's front 9 he has been far superior to anyone else... Typical really!

Yep, Spieth really redeemed himself after his Masters' nightmare last year. But had to feel for Kuchar at the end.

Those holes following the unplayable were amazing, I really wanted Kuch to win but Spieth was near unplayable on those last six holes. I wouldn't be as fast as Sky Sports to make Tiger comparisons mind you!

Those holes following the unplayable were amazing, I really wanted Kuch to win but Spieth was near unplayable on those last six holes. I wouldn't be as fast as Sky Sports to make Tiger comparisons mind you!

Yep, too soon for the Tiger comparisons. Still, what impressed me most with Spieth is how he turned it around. That's going to hold him in good stead for the future and also as they said on Sky sports, in the minds of his opponents come the final day that he'll fight to the end. So if Spieth wins the PGA next month, that will be the career slam at the age of 24, which would be younger than Jack Nicklaus when he completed his and he last won a major at the Masters when he was 46. Still Tiger's 14 and Nicklaus' 18 majors is pretty far away for Spieth, but not impossible if he stays relatively injury free and learns from Tiger's mistakes and keeps his dick in his trousers.

Yep, too soon for the Tiger comparisons. Still, what impressed me most with Spieth is how he turned it around. That's going to hold him in good stead for the future and also as they said on Sky sports, in the minds of his opponents come the final day that he'll fight to the end. So if Spieth wins the PGA next month, that will be the career slam at the age of 24, which would be younger than Jack Nicklaus when he completed his and he last won a major at the Masters when he was 46. Still Tiger's 14 and Nicklaus' 18 majors is pretty far away for Spieth, but not impossible if he stays relatively injury free and learns from Tiger's mistakes and keeps his dick in his trousers.
Haha, I reckon Tiger's back disintegrating is what to learn from, Spieth doesn't put as much pressure on his back as the likes of Tiger and Rory so he should be ok there! I can't see him winning at Quail Hollow because his ball striking is far from good enough and it's not like Augusta where he can make up a huge amount of shots on the greens but he'll likely finish the grand slam within about five years. I hope Rory gets back to his best and we can have a rivalry at the top but I do get the feeling that Rory doesn't like golf enough to really pursue reaching his potential.

Yep you're right about Tiger's back. Doubt he'll ever be the same player again. Funny how things have changed in 10 years:

Really enjoyed this Open Championship.

Kuchar and Spieth are 2 of the few american golfers I like, was awesome to see them give each other a run for the ***le.

But for me the highlight of the Championship was Branded Grace's 62 in the third round. First time ever it was achieved in a Major tournament. Pity he had 3 other bad rounds...

Any bets this week? Hard to look past Rory, course record holder, ideal conditions, reasonably strong recent form and a hunger to win for the first time this season.

Any bets this week? Hard to look past Rory, course record holder, ideal conditions, reasonably strong recent form and a hunger to win for the first time this season.

He's struggling to make the cut for the weekend.

Did you put any money on that, Alpha...?
No, it's frustrating being a Rory fan... Everything looked good for him coming into this week and he performs badly with brainless stretches, swap his back to back bogeys with a par and a bogey and he'd be four shots better where a low round would get him in contention... Very Westwood like in how he compounds his errors. At least Speith won't win...

USA won the Solheim Cup. Nordquist had a big lead and drawed against Thompson. Must feel gutted

Latest posts