• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Leinster thread

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Genuinely think Leinster will pull La Rochelle's pants down in the group,

But then other way round in knockouts

Genuinely think Leinster will pull La Rochelle's pants down in the group,

But then other way round in knockouts
I think ROG will run out of steam. Already starting to see his shtick run out in the French final "we're a big team, but everyone looks down on us, but we're huge, but we're underdogs".

Lads it is first game in group stages. This will have no impact on how season goes. 4 teams qualify from pool of 6.. Both will be comfortably through.

Lads it is first game in group stages. This will have no impact on how season goes. 4 teams qualify from pool of 6.. Both will be comfortably through.
Yes, but you always have to put Leinster back in its rightful place, behind the best team in Europe, Stade Rochelais, and it's above all to remind the world of rugby that Leinster has found its master.

Yes, but you always have to put Leinster back in its rightful place, behind the best team in Europe, Stade Rochelais, and it's above all to remind the world of rugby that Leinster has found its master.
Can promise La Rochelle won't win a thing this year.

Never say never my friend, you may be surprised.
I promise you I won't. Power game won't last for 3rd year. Toulouse will figure it out. I believe if we stay fit we will benefit from South African trips last year and will have figured it out and Leinster if they get lads right by knockouts after RWC will have a say too. Saracens will be back too.

And Skelton at RWC will be the downfall too.

Team for friendly vs Munster on Friday. Crazy we can still put out a team with 4 internationals and 2 more on the bench.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets)
15. Jordan Larmour (89)
14. Tommy O'Brien (24)
13. Liam Turner (20)
12. Ben Brownlee (4)
11. Rob Russell (18)
10. Ciarán Frawley (67)
9. Cormac Foley (11)

1. Jack Boyle (2)
2. Lee Barron (7)
3. Rory McGuire (0)
4. Brian Deeny (13)
5. Jason Jenkins (19)
6. Max Deegan (98)
7. Scott Penny (56) (CAPTAIN)
8. James Culhane (3)

Replacements:
Gus McCarthy (0)
Paddy McCarthy (0)
Temi Lasisi (2)
Ross Molony (162)
Conor O'Tighearnaigh (1)
Diarmuid Mangan (0)
Will Connors (36)
Luke McGrath (196)
Sam Prendergast (2)
Charlie Tector (7)
Andrew Osborne (0)
Jamie Osborne (31)
Aitzol King (1)
Chris Cosgrave (7)

https://x.com/leinsterrugby/status/1704459019262259207?s=20

Damn, this one hurts, one of my all time favorites. Took his risks in his career, backfired on the pitch mostly but made money off it. Very unfortunate to run into Matt O'Connor when he was in his prime and then losing his starting spot in Bordeaux through injury after a strong start. Had some great days all the same, the streets won't forget.

15. Chris Cosgrave (7)
14. Tommy O'Brien (24)
13. Jamie Osborne (31)
12. Ciarán Frawley (67)
11. Rob Russell (18)
10. Harry Byrne (51)
9. Cormac Foley (11)

1. Jack Boyle (2)
2. John McKee (7)
3. Rory McGuire (0)
4. Brian Deeny (13)
5. Jason Jenkins (19)
6. Max Deegan (98)
7. Will Connors (36)
8. James Culhane (3) (CAPTAIN)

Replacements:
Lee Barron (7)
Paddy McCarthy (0)
Thomas Connolly (0)
Ross Molony (162)
Conor O'Tighearnaigh (1)
Diarmuid Mangan (0)
Scott Penny (56)
Ben Murphy (3)
Sam Prendergast (2)
Andrew Osborne (0)
Ben Brownlee (4)
Liam Turner (20)
Aitzol King (1)
Jordan Larmour (89)

I think ROG will run out of steam. Already starting to see his shtick run out in the French final "we're a big team, but everyone looks down on us, but we're huge, but we're underdogs".
At some point his broken toys won't feel like broken toys. Also don't think his shtick will work with the 23 year old studs they start to recruit from other academies now they are a big club with no academy of their own.

I honestly don't see how he his gimmick could work at the top national team level or at a club that considers itself an established brand.

15. Henry McErlean (1)
14. Aitzol King (1)
13. Liam Turner (25)
12. Ben Brownlee (6)
11. Andrew Osborne (0)
10. Sam Prendergast (12)
9. Fintan Gunne (1)
1. Michael Milne (33)
2. Gus McCarthy (0)
3. Michael Ala'alatoa (60)
4. Brian Deeny (16)
5. Jason Jenkins (31)
6. Diarmuid Mangan (0)
7. Will Connors (45)
8. Rhys Ruddock (226) CAPTAIN

Subs From:

Ed Byrne (99)
Paddy McCarthy (4)
Bobby Sheehan (0)
Thomas Clarkson (35)
Ross Molony (173)
Conor O'Tighearnaigh (1)
Scott Penny (66)
Max Deegan (107)
Luke McGrath (203)
Charlie Tector (7)
Rob Russell (26)
Luke Kritzinger (0)
Jamie Osborne (38)

What position will Jordie Barrett play for Leinster? If he plays centre Robbie Henshaw will have to be dropped and if he plays fullback Hugo Keenan will have to be dropped.

Not sure where to post this but from the inside and confirmed via the trip to South Africa here (with Munster not the evil side) but there is a reform coming from next year for all Irish provinces regards A team games between the provinces.
They will be a bit more meaningful with strong teams being fielded on both sides and only sanctioned if both head coaches agree on that. If not then the game won't be given go ahead as they caused losses for all provinces last year.

Latest posts