• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Leinster thread

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Article primarily on Johnny Sexton from the Indo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/magn...902488.html

WHAT a difference a year makes. From paltry resources to relative health, Ireland's fortunes in the crucial out-half position have transformed dramatically in the last 12 months.

Jonathan Sexton finally put his hand up as genuine opposition to Ronan O'Gara for the Irish 10 shirt after steering Leinster to Heineken Cup glory last May and the duo are set to go head-to-head in the RDS tomorrow night.

O'Gara is still very much the man in possession, but, for the first time since David Humphreys retired after the 2006 Six Nations campaign, the Munster man has reason to look over his shoulder.

Elsewhere, Ian Keatley has benefited hugely from his move to Connacht as witnessed by the brace of caps he won against the US Eagles and Canada during the recent summer tour.

Nurture

And with Ian Humphreys in excellent early-season form for Ulster -- who will also nurture the undoubted potential of Niall O'Connor -- it seems Declan Kidney has the answers for the short, medium and long-term at out-half.

Previously, Paddy Wallace was the most viable replacement for O'Gara, even though he spent much of his time with Ulster operating in midfield. But now the national side has a depth of talent where there was once a dearth.

It's not an unfamiliar situation for Irish rugby. Tony Ward and Ollie Campbell famously battled it out for the number 10 shirt, while others like Paul Dean, Barry McGann and even Mike Gibson operated at pivot for Ireland around that same period, which puts Mick Quinn's tally of 10 caps at the time into perspective.

"There's no doubt there are a few of them showing their head at the moment," Quinn agreed. "Sexton is quite a bit ahead of the others at the moment in that he has more of an all-round game.

"I like Keatley as a footballer but he may not have a consistent place-kicking game yet, whereas Sexton seems to have got to grips with that."

The St Mary's man has picked up where he left off last season and at the weekend he held his nerve to drop a winning injury-time goal against Leinster's one-time 'bogey team' Edinburgh. It was further evidence of how Sexton, who was in the shadow of Felipe Contepomi for the past few seasons before the Argentinian's move to Toulon, has blossomed.

"Contepomi is a world-class player and Jonny was coming in for him and giving Leinster something different. He gave them game control which is along the lines of what Ireland need," Quinn said.

"O'Gara's strength is his kicking game and putting the ball in the corner and Sexton's pretty good at that as well. That's not to say that Ronan will be moving aside any day soon but it means we are definitely stronger in an area where we were particularly weak.

"Ian Humphreys is playing well and what I like about him is that he can play well in big games. But he needs to play well in all the games. It's as if he's only able to get motivated for the really big games and then goes out and plays well. His problem up to now has been consistency and whether he has got the physical side of things right defensively. But that's nothing that can't be got over.

"I haven't seen too much of Niall (O'Connor). From what I hear of him, he is a very talented guy but he has to get some game experience. If he's going to come through he's got to get in at Ulster consistently."

The Player Management Programme put in place by the IRFU will help ensure that senior players like O'Gara arrive in New Zealand for the 2011 World Cup in the best shape possible, while Sexton et al will be expected to improve further still over the next two seasons. So, are we likely to see another Campbell/Ward-esque duel come the World Cup?

"I'm not so sure," argued Quinn. "Kidney is a very astute operator and I think he will have all of these players blooded but he will know what his best team is. He'll have the 30 or 35 players that he will feel he can trust and he will be quite willing to try them during the World Cup because there are two or three games where you will need your squad players."

Quinn boldly predicted that Leinster would win the Heineken Cup in the Irish Independent last December when it seemed more likely that they would fail to qualify from their pool.

And now the Lansdowne man reckons Ireland can achieve great things at the next World Cup but the former Irish out-half warned that this season might have to be sacrificed if Kidney is to have the strongest possible squad available to him when Ireland's campaign kicks-off.

"I have great hopes for Ireland. Not necessarily in this Six Nations because I think we will have to try people in different positions to get ready for the following season, which is very important," he explained. "I have high hopes for Ireland at the next World Cup. I think we are going to do really well in it."[/b]

and one on the manchild Cian Healy from the Herald:
http://www.herald.ie/sport/leinster-rugby/...ns-1902861.html

Amid the hype and the expectation that has brewed all week, Cian Healy somehow manages to retain his calm and cool exterior.

To while away the hours of inner anticipation and nerves, the Clontarf powerhouse delves into a pastime that has become an important part of his life. He makes time for himself, arming himself with markers, pencils and paper, finds a quiet corner and loses himself sketching works of fact, fantasy or fiction.

He's not your typical prop. In the 24 hours before one of the biggest derbies in Europe, Healy will be found tending meticulously to this different craft.

Once the outside fires are tended to, the passion sinks in, fuelled by the desire to pit your wits against top international talent.

So far this season he has faced countless front rows, learning in each and every tussle. Some good days, some bad. It's all part of the curve. This weekend marks an altogether different battle coming, as it will, against some of his biggest rivals for the Ireland jersey.

Friends one week, foes the next. It's the nature of top-class sport. Talk to the former Belvedere man about this weekend's game and he tells you about honour. Reference the players with whom he could be locking horns with and the word respect abounds.

The last time they met was at the September national training camp in Dublin. This weekend will be a whole new ball game and Healy is well aware of the challenge that awaits.

"When you come up against the Bull (John Hayes) or Tony Buckley, you have to contend with two things," the soon-to-be 22-year-old said on the eve of tomorrow evening's sell-out encounter at the RDS.

"First up is their ability. Second is their physical size. They are both massive people and if you're not at your very best, they will physically dominate you at setpiece time. So you have to get your head around that.

Operator

"I've come up against both of them and they, alongside Marcus (Horan) are top-class props. They have also added a French international in (Julien) Brugnaut, who looks another strong operator, so we will really have to meet them head on up front. It should be an interesting challenge."

Though not overly satisfied with the fluency of his side's victories over the Ospreys and Edinburgh in the past fortnight, Healy sees major positives in the squad's ability to grind out victories on the road. He sees each of the performances as an important step forward, considering how several league results went against the team last season.

"Winning is the name of the game at this level," Healy stresses.

"It's better to win ugly than not at all, but, as a group, we know that everything needs to improve come Saturday evening because Munster are a top-class side.

"I don't think that you'll find too many of the top teams peaking in September, because the Magners League is all about building momentum. In saying that, we know that we're capable of playing a lot better.

"To that end, training has been really sharp this week. We had areas to work on, but there was a real focus and intensity to the sessions which will hopefully bode well for us.

"These are the games you hate to lose because the rivalry is so intense. It's the same with Leinster training. The competition for places in the front row is fierce and we'd be trying to get one over each another during sessions. We give it our all in training and then have a laugh about it afterwards, but that help breed competition.

"Every single player in our squad has aspirations of playing and the top players look to play week in, week out. We lost both league games against Munster last year and those results hurt us."

Though the last meeting of the two great provincial rivals drew a world record crowd in Croke Park, Healy believes that the result will have little, if any, bearing on this weekend's fixture.

"We're entering into a really busy time in the calendar. With Munster up first, we then face London Irish and travel to France to play Brive. But we won't be looking past this test. It's a huge challenge for us and one that we're looking forward to.

"I'm really excited about coming up against some of the best scrummagers in the country and I see it as a barometer to see how my own game has improved over the last year."

And to his hobby? "Ah, sure it's just something to keep you occupied! It relaxes me and helps keep my mind clear. I'll paint anything that comes into my head or whatever's on my mind ... "

Clarity of thought and order amid the muscle and the might. It's an interesting picture he paints, this portrait of the artist as a young man.

For Healy, the message remains clear; the painting is unfinished, the improvements are never ending.[/b]

It's no trouble at all. If anybody else wants to contibute links, feel free to do so.

With the Heineken Cup kicking off on Friday there are lots of player interviews in the Suday papers. Nothing noteworthy in interviews with Nathan Hines, Shane Jennings and Cian Healy from the Sunday Times, Sindo and Tribune. The only noteworthy piece of info today is that Michael Cheika is leaving at the end of the season but that was all but confirmed anyway. Any ideas who might replace him?

The Leinster Schools (Under-18) team to play Muster Schools on Wednesday, 7th October at Donnybrook (KO: 1pm) has been named... LEINSTER SCHOOLS (UNDER-18):

15: Ross Jones (Castleknock College), 14: Mark Roche (Blackrock College), 13: Stephen Macauley (Clongowes Wood College SJ), 12: James Kearns (CBC Monkstown), 11: Sam Coghlan Murray (Newbridge College), 10: Cathal Marsh (St. Michael’s College), 9: Luke McGrath (St. Michael’s College); 1: Des Merrey (The King’s Hospital) 2: Tom Austin (Castleknock College), 3: Peter Reilly (Castleknock College), 4: Liam Curran (St. Mary’s College) CAPTAIN, 5: Jack Conan (St. Gerard’s School), 6: Michael Oyuga (Belvedere College SJ) 7: Brian du Toit (The King’s Hospital), 8: Adam Clarkin (Terenure College)

REPLACEMENTS: 16: David Hogan (Blackrock College), 17: Jake Cawley (St. Andrew’s College), 18: Cormac Maguire (Blackrock College) 19: Brian Moylett (Cistercian College Roscrea), 20: Ian Burke (De La Salle College Churchtown), 21: Peter Lydon (Kilkenny College) 22: Conor Finn (Cistercian College Roscrea)[/b]

Insert Michael Bradley/EOS going to Leinster joke here*

Hopefully someone like Robbie Deans if no Irish coach is up to it.

Surely there's some mistake. Leinster don't lose at underage level!

At Donnybrook â€" LEINSTER U-18 SCHOOLS 16 (A Clarkin try; R Jones 3 pens, con); MUNSTER U-18 SCHOOLS 21 (E Crosse, J McGarry try each; 3 pens, con) Terenure number eight Adam Clarkin scored a try for the hosts, but Munster dominated for long periods and were rewarded with tries from Crescent wing forward Eoin Crosse and Jamie McGarry.

Castleknock College full-back put in an accomplished kicking display with three penalties and a conversion, but it wasn't enough and the visitors withstood late pressure to seal the derby spoils.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 4 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Insert Michael Bradley/EOS going to Leinster joke here*

Hopefully someone like Robbie Deans if no Irish coach is up to it.[/b]
In the betting markets Ian Foster of the Chiefs is the clear favourite.

This one was great fun up on Munsterfans.com
Source: The Irish Independent.
AS IRISH rugby continues to hoover up new fans, being classless isn't just about class. It's about principles as adhesively tied to fair play as those we expect of our sporting heroes.

Events at the RDS last Saturday night -- behind the white lines as opposed to the well-documented stuff beyond them -- painted a grim picture of how the assimilation of rugby supporters old and new have combined to besmirch the spectating experience.

Aside from the incessant foul language and spiteful personal abuse -- think of the children, you may jest -- it was disheartening to hear Paul O'Connell being sneered at as a "British" captain and Denis Leamy being booed off as he cradled his troubled shoulder for the umpteenth time.

For all that, it was a rocking atmosphere and even if the slagging was as subtle as RTE comedy, the home crowd will be worth more than a penalty kick against London Irish this Friday. A word of advice, though -- leave the personal abuse to the soccer mob and have respect for injured players.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 7 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This one was great fun up on Munsterfans.com
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Source: The Irish Independent.
AS IRISH rugby continues to hoover up new fans, being classless isn't just about class. It's about principles as adhesively tied to fair play as those we expect of our sporting heroes.

Events at the RDS last Saturday night -- behind the white lines as opposed to the well-documented stuff beyond them -- painted a grim picture of how the assimilation of rugby supporters old and new have combined to besmirch the spectating experience.

Aside from the incessant foul language and spiteful personal abuse -- think of the children, you may jest -- it was disheartening to hear Paul O'Connell being sneered at as a "British" captain and Denis Leamy being booed off as he cradled his troubled shoulder for the umpteenth time.

For all that, it was a rocking atmosphere and even if the slagging was as subtle as RTE comedy, the home crowd will be worth more than a penalty kick against London Irish this Friday. A word of advice, though -- leave the personal abuse to the soccer mob and have respect for injured players.[/b]
[/b][/quote]
This did occur very strongly near me in the RDS but in fairness it was a minority and alot of Leinster fans did react to the minority (wouldn't even call them fans) tell them to be quiet.

Think majority of Leinster fans while having great banter do know where to draw line etc.

I heard booing when John Hayes was sent off (understandably), some boos when Donncha O'Callaghan shoulder charged Jonny Sexton, a chant of "easy easy" when it was proving too easy and a couple of renditions of Campiones. Not once did I hear Paul O'Connell get verbally attacked by a section of the crowd, likewise Denis Leamy (who I didn't even know was playing!). It's a load of nonsense and sounds more like the words of a bad loser than an alleged journalist.

Pretty much. We had 9 pages of Munster fans giving out shite about us though. Was funny.

God I'm amazed it was only 9!

Still though the one thing I didn't like was the same old munster always cheating crap, has to be the worst generic chant there is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 7 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
God I'm amazed it was only 9!

Still though the one thing I didn't like was the same old munster always cheating crap, has to be the worst generic chant there is.[/b]

They deleted (or archived) the thread when everyone started betting abusive. I was called a football hooligan chanting dub or something like that for suggesting that it was okay to Boo Denis Leamy off the pitch, even if he was injured. I dont agree with it in general but Leamys a total thug. Its Karma.

Also agree on the same old <strike>arsenal</strike> munster. I'm not actually against generic football chants, i'm against anything that isnt focused on Leinster.

All is indeed well with the world. The Leinster U19s showed the southern upstarts where the power lies

Meanwhile, the Leinster Schools (Under-19) team sealed the Interprovincial ***le when they defeated Munster 19-8 on Wednesday afternoon in Donnybrook.Niall Casey's try midway through the first half pushed the hosts into an early 10-0 lead after David Godfrey had kicked a simple penalty and added the conversion into the Bective end. Godfrey added a second and third penalty before Munster drew back through a Murray penalty to give the hosts a 16-3 half-time advantage.

A late McManus try from Munster added some gloss to the scoreline, but Godfrey kicked his fourteenth point of a sun-kissed afternoon to seal the win and the ***le for the hosts.

At Donnybrook â€" LEINSTER U-19 SCHOOLS 19 (N Casey try; D Godfrey 4 pens, con); MUNSTER U19 SCHOOLS 8 (K McManus try; J Murray pen)

LEINSTER: E Moriarity (St Mary's); C Fitzpatrick (Blackrock), A Kelly (St Michael's), M Walsh (St. Mary's), D Diviney (Gonzaga); D Godfrey (Blackrock), N Casey (Terenure), J Tracy (Newbridge), P Carroll (Blackrock), C Duffy (Belvedere), J Kelly (Blackrock), R Hynes (Clongowes Wood), E MacMahon (St Michael's, CAPTAIN), M McGroarty (Gonzaga), E Joyce (Terenure)

REPLACEMENTS: D Murray (Belvedere) for Diviney 18 mins â€" temp; J Hart (Belvedere) for Casey 54 mins: M Fallon (St Mary’s) for J Kelly 59 mins; A Howard (CBC Monkstown) for Duffy 60 mins; C Thompson (Newbridge) for Carroll 63 mins; R Banahan (CBC Monkstown) for Tracy 68 mins

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Oct 7 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I heard booing when John Hayes was sent off (understandably), some boos when Donncha O'Callaghan shoulder charged Jonny Sexton, a chant of "easy easy" when it was proving too easy and a couple of renditions of Campiones. Not once did I hear Paul O'Connell get verbally attacked by a section of the crowd, likewise Denis Leamy (who I didn't even know was playing!). It's a load of nonsense and sounds more like the words of a bad loser than an alleged journalist.[/b]

Agreed about Paulie bit was among a minority as I said but they didnt say anything like that. But they did insult Denis Leamy alot but can't complain as it only 9or 10 and Leinster are good supporters won't complain there.
The easy easy stuff etc that just all part of banter and IS needed in game and possibly is journalist making mountain out of nothing.

Lots of Chris Whitaker interviews in the various papers. Here's one from the Examiner:

Whitaker warming to the task in new Leinster backroom role
By Brendan O'Brien

Thursday, October 08, 2009

THERE were some conflicting emotions swirling around Chris Whitaker's head last Saturday night as he watched Leinster take Munster apart at the RDS.

In his heart of hearts, he still knew that he had made the right decision in calling time on his playing career during the summer but this was Munster. In front of a full house. And Leinster were cutting loose.

"I'm happy with the decision," said the former scrum-half, "Last week was the first time I thought 'I'd love to be still playing' but I think I was realistic (retiring). My body wasn't up to it.

"I've had a fantastic time playing but I was conscious I didn't want to keep playing just for the sake of playing. I'm delighted with the opportunity to stay here and start doing something else."

That 'something else' is the role of manager with the province, the same position that persuaded Shaun Payne to hang around Thomond Park after his playing days came to an end there.

Whitaker's new job description has also brought an unexpected bonus. His eldest daughter, Lilly Rose, came up to him the other day and told him she actually enjoys rugby now that daddy isn't playing and out of harm's way.

"When I was playing she didn't watch the games," he said.

If reports last summer are to be believed, Leinster secured Whitaker's services despite the interest of at least one Guinness Premiership club.

Not for the first time, either.

Michael Cheika fought off a number of English clubs to sign the former Waratah back in 2006. The two had talked about it off and on last season and it is easy to see why the approach was made.

Whitaker was part of the province's 'leadership group' alongside Leo Cullen and Shane Jennings last year and was the obvious choice to liaise between team and management.

"It is about taking pressure off Cheiks as well. He is under a fair bit of pressure so I was talking to him about it. Nothing came of it until the end of the year with the Heineken Cup. Then I was away after that with the Baa Baas. It was a decision I was glad I made."

He's doing a bit of coaching with some of the half-backs at Leinster now as well and, though he enjoys it, he hasn't looked so far forward as to be sure about the direction his next step will take him.

The immediate focus now is tomorrow's Heineken Cup Pool Six opener against London Irish in Ballsbridge, Leinster's first game as reigning Heineken Cup kingpins.

Leicester Tigers are the only side to have successfully defended the ***le and Leinster's attempt to emulate them will begin with a tricky group that also contains the Scarlets and Brive.

"It's an enormous challenge. You need a lot of luck. We're going into it as ***le holders, which is great, and everyone is very focused. Fingers crossed, we can go a long way."

In London Irish they face a side that shares many of their ideals but Leinster have profited by curbing their flamboyant instincts, adding a more pragmatic approach. It is a lesson they will heed again this time around.

"The team showed a fortitude last year. We were determined to make a good go of it. A few games went our way but some of those wouldn't have gone our way in the past.

"We would probably have been guilty of playing too flashy when the game doesn't allow you to. Last year showed that you can go a fair way in the competition if you just concentrate on winning games first of all. Points on the board is the big factor."[/b]

Read more: http://examiner.ie/sport/rugby/whitaker-wa...l#ixzz0TMLrFxSN

In another interview he confirmed that he's acting as a scrum half coach in addition to his managerial duties (whatever they are).

Luuuuuuuuuuuke interviewed in the Times:
THE SUMMER of the Lions may be tired now, but the influence of the tour to South Africa on Leinster wing Luke Fitzgerald continues to wash over him. Being handed the plane ticket as a 21-year-old seemed like a natural progression for a back on the up, a player pushing for recognition beside and against some of the biggest names.Fitzgerald, however, returned this season to Leinster with his eyes wide open and his attitude readjusted. While he was selected for the second Test against the Springboks, the combined effect of the tour as a whole was that the talent that got him into Ian McGeechan's squad wasn't enough to satisfy his own ambitions. The player, who seemed to have it all and who is expected to line out on the wing tomorrow against London Irish, discovered that all he had fell short on the main stage. Fitzgerald chose to take that gentle slap by the Scottish coach as a kindly reminder. "It was very disappointing not to get selected for the first and the third Tests," he says. "There were a number of reasons for that. It was probably down to performance. That's what all these things come down to. Some come down to the coach's perception of you as a player but it's up to you to try and change that with your performances on the pitch.

"I didn't get another opportunity in SA but I still learned a lot. In a sense it's whatever doesn't break you will make you. If you don't grow from the lows in your career you will never reach the heights to which you really aspire to get to. That's one of the things I learned, to go back to the drawing board, really assess my game and see where I was going. I think I've done that. I think I still have a lot of improving to do but I think I'm on the right track too. It's important to be self-analytical if you are going to be the player that you want to be."

For Leinster, Fitzgerald has carried on where he left off last season. The runs from deep, the spinning out of tackles, the have-a-go nature of his play and the willingness to get involved in all aspects of the physical side have been a feature of his contributions. An encouraging aside to the summer is that he feels there is more to come, expects there is more to come."To be honest with you, it (Lions) was probably a bit of a reality check," he explains.

"If I'm being honest with myself I probably didn't do as well as I'd hoped. The comforting thing, I suppose, is that I was there and I was playing with the top guys.

"What I'm getting at is that I still feel that there is huge scope for improvement in my game. I still think there is a massive way for me to go. It's comforting because there's still a lot of things I have to work on and improve and that has motivated me this year to try and get better."

That kind of thinking might also be a comfort to Michael Cheikatomorrow night. Complacency won't stalk the old wooden stands at the RDS when the Australian is in charge.

The Leinster reaction to Munster's 30-0 capitulation in the Magners League reinforces that. Never lean on your last good result is something Fitzgerald also cautions against.

"The breaks went our way and I guess the scoreline was a little bit flattering," he says of last week. "But we are looking to put in the same level of performance and intensity. That is something we should be targeting, something we should be trying to do in every game. I don't think there is any danger that complacency can set in. If we don't bring that same mentality, that same physicality to London Irish there is no chance we are going to come out on the right side of the result."

For now a result will do against Bob Casey's troop. With that the season may start to open up with possibilities.[/b]

Response to the ridiculous Indo article on Leinster supporters
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/hein...rt-1909025.html

In defence of Leinster's home support
Dear David,
We have been made aware of your article in the Irish Independent regarding a certain "soccer mob mentality" that you perceive to be appearing at the RDS.

It is disappointing that yet again you choose to single out Leinster supporters for criticism, while in recent times your colleagues in both the print and TV press have heaped praise on our support, Leinster Rugby and the Official Leinster Supporters Club, for turning the RDS into an intimidating arena for visiting teams while being one of the most enjoyable and family-friendly venues on the European circuit.

Most commentators made reference to the cracking atmosphere that was evident on Saturday rather than denigrating it. It was not so long ago the Leinster supporters were being criticised at every juncture for being too reserved and not getting behind their team and yet when we are at our nosiest, we are labelled "a soccer mob".

It is reasonable to expect visiting supporters feeling aggrieved at home fans' celebrations after their team are on the receiving end of a 30-0 tonking, but we must object, in the strongest terms possible, to your assertion that Leinster fans at large have anything but the utmost respect for visiting teams. Reports of "incessant foul language and spiteful personal abuse" seem far removed from the experiences of not only our members but also the disappointed but gracious Munster supporters who congregated with Leinster supporters after the game.

The comment you reported to have been made about Paul O'Connell was risible. What percentage of our support do you feel it reflects that justifies it's repetition as a view of Leinster supporters? There will always be a few idiots in any ground but to tar all Leinster supporters thus is hardly balanced, nor warranting of attention in a national newspaper.

We have all worked hard to make 'Fortress RDS' into what it is but we can never become complacent. Any abuse of players, officials or visiting fans cannot be tolerated and we would request, as we do with all our home and away fans, that if you have experienced unsavoury behaviour during your visit to a home Leinster fixture, that you email the Official Leinster Supporters Club ([email protected]) and make a formal complaint.

I can assure you that any complaints are treated with the utmost seriousness and will be investigated in full. Perhaps you might tell us where it was in the ground that you heard such "incessant foul language and personal abuse"? With more than 10,000 season ticket holders in assigned seats, it won't be difficult to track down fellow witnesses so we can get to the bottom of this.

The RDS is a family venue with a great many children around who enjoy the special events that are laid on for them on match days. The nature of the atmosphere you described in your article would hardly be conducive to growing the support for Leinster Rugby, nor desirable by anyone. Leinster supporters are passionate and want to play their part in backing the team and that is how it should be.

A visit to the RDS is one that we hope everyone will enjoy, a quick glance through the crowd will see massive family interaction and groups of people out for a good night of rugby. We hope that you might observe this so that you can go some way to repairing any damage to our excellent reputation by your comments in the paper.

Finally, we would like to invite you to the return Munster v Leinster fixture at Thomand (sic) Park in April, as a guest of the Official Leinster Supporters Club, to experience the flowers and chocolates being passed to us and our players by elements of the home supporters... or perhaps not, perhaps that should be beneath all of us.

Regards,

Killian Byrne,

President OLSC;

Alison Moore,

PRO OLSC.[/b]

I'm surprised that a Hugh Farrelly article got such a reaction, he rarely has anything of note to say so he's scraping the barrel by taking the sensationalist approach.

Latest posts