• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Metal Thread

Not bad at all, which albums of theirs can you recommend? I'm often pretty take-it-or-leave-it with a lot of death metal but this has a lot going for it.

Effigy Of The Forgotten, Pierced From Within and Despise The Sun.

Their second album, Breeding The Spawn, is just as good but it has ****ing horrible production. (to the point where they re-recorded a song from it on each of their subsequent albums)

Last edited:
Muse I like "Pierced From Within" the most, the song-writing and in-song variety is just right. Lots of twists and turns and avoids some of the potential staleness they may sometimes demonstrate. More volume and versatile than the previous stuff. All their stuff is good really, though.

huge Dino Cazares fan. Yes I know, that one-dimensional overweight drama queen. I was pleasantly surprised with Divine Heresy's first album, as Cazares has had a tendency lately to produce commercial stuff, but this is a good track on a very good record:

Not even a single or anything, late track, nobody knows it. Pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought of something magnificent. Imagine Dying Fetus covering "Bohemian Rhapsody", especially the middle part. With John Gallagher's barks and their various back up growler bassists.
- Arrr just a poor boyrrr. Nobody Lorrrrves Muhh !!
- Bismillarrr !

With their faces appearing in bright light out of the dark.

You lads are into some messed up stuff perhaps its my age but give me ACDC, Iron Maiden and Metallica over that thrash metal stuff any day.

Metallica are heavy metal not thrash metal your welcome to disagree but you would be wrong.

dude...just........why ? You're going to unleash angry little rats for something this silly ? Metallica are clearly thrash metal, I don't even understand why you would possibly make that comment :lol: I do agree they have elements of dance hardcore techno, but that's as far as I'll go.

dude...just........why ? You're going to unleash angry little rats for something this silly ? Metallica are clearly thrash metal, I don't even understand why you would possibly make that comment :lol: I do agree they have elements of dance hardcore techno, but that's as far as I'll go.

It must be my age but growing up as a teenager in the 80s when bands like Metallica were making there name you had bands like Slayer and later Megadeath (formed by a former member of Metallica) these bands played a faster heavier type of music than other metal bands including Metallica and this music got known as Thrash metal. Although Metallica was a very different sound to the likes of Iron Maiden or ACDC it was never at time considered in the same bracket as the likes of Slayer.

I think by the time Master of Puppets came out it was clear to the entire universe they were thrash. Well, at least Planet Earth. And I do remember something about how they were labelled "speed metal" around the Ride the Lightning early 80's. But other than that, their music is played in discos and rave parties alike, for obvious reasons as to the electronic nature of their sound.

I think by the time Master of Puppets came out it was clear to the entire universe they were thrash. Well, at least Planet Earth. And I do remember something about how they were labelled "speed metal" around the Ride the Lightning early 80's. But other than that, their music is played in discos and rave parties alike, for obvious reasons as to the electronic nature of their sound.

Yet Sandman was not. Metallica have a very distinctive style almost an American twist on British heavy metal but the thrash metal I used to go an watch at Rock city in Nottingham and at the old Monsters of rock was not the same style as Metallica and no one at the time considered them to be thrash metal if things have changed since then ok Im not up to date with the latest metal trends as I still harp back to golden days of Metal.

Hetfield said himself they were inspired by early hardcore (nothing like today's...) along with heavy metal and the NWOBHM from England, Maiden in particular.

yeah so like basically

2:23.

cSP98.jpg

Yet Sandman was not. Metallica have a very distinctive style almost an American twist on British heavy metal but the thrash metal I used to go an watch at Rock city in Nottingham and at the old Monsters of rock was not the same style as Metallica and no one at the time considered them to be thrash metal if things have changed since then ok Im not up to date with the latest metal trends as I still harp back to golden days of Metal.

2:30... a Metallica fan in the 80's referring to them as Thrash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWYQP8lJH00

... a thrash documentary featuring interviews with Kirk and Lars.
It's almost too hard to believe that someone is suggesting Metallica aren't a thrash band... it's genuinely absurd... like saying that NWA weren't hip-hop :lol:
There is a litany of interviews with Metallica referring to themselves as thrash, they even took part in the "Big Four" ("...of thrash") tours a couple of years ago!

Bizarre situation.

Ohh yes... all the 2 mins it takes to search the internet for well known information.

Latest posts