• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Metal Thread

hey rats, in stead of insulting ppl, d'you listen to Fetus' "Reign Supreme" ? I've given it another go, superb stuff. Typically DF, enormous production compared to their past stuff, some HUGE moshparts and thiiiiick powerchord riffage, and the quality and ideas are top-notch in a few instances, better constructed songs too for them, and the album makes for a very good play throughout. Some very solid Fetus.

That killer grin-provoking DF vibe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really.... I really enjoyed Descend into Depravity, but Reign Supreme was too sterile for me.
No doubt there's a lot of good hooks, but it didn't hold my attention.

I might give it another listen at some point.

I've got the official Descend... tab book which I transcribed into GP if you want it.

haven't got into that one quite yet, trying to engrave "Reign" into my brain first. I remember lsng to Descend when it came out and thought "nah, nothing new in there, no point". I may've been harsh, will check it out very soon. Thanks though.

Beneath The Remains and Arise rule my life.

still got my Arise t-shirt from ye olde days. I was wearing it once and some dude in Montréal in philosophy class who was sitting behind me started singing "I see the world...old...I see the world...dead !" I turned around and cracked up. Excellent record, which is a rarity in thrash (albeit deathrash). Not the best song on the album though there. Oh and my band and I used to play "Desperate Cry". Fantastic track for a live show, got the Qatar crowds very excited lol.

May have just snagged an interview with Tomas Lindberg.

...let's just hope he doesn't come across as too.... cold.
Apologies.

There are a few records I'm about to catch up on, actually... haven't listened to anything new for quite a while!

New Disentomb - the vocal production is really wierd, but pretty sick other than that.

New Septycal Gorge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7u4E7INqjo

10516831_10152236591407883_4506679627435466983_n.jpg

New Unmerciful demo: http://www.unmercifulmusic.com/

Yeah. Got the interview. Anything you guys reckon I should ask?

Also got the new AtG album. My life, ees good.

Good luck with the interview, man... and ask him why d-beat sucks so much balls.

Also started listening to this:

Not quite as good "Sorrow and Extinction" thus far.

Haven't noticed these so far, slightly different style to what's here.

First new AtG track for a long, long time...

^ not very good, but brilliant prod and no selling out. Slightly better than what I could've imagined...but they really didn't try hard, played it safe as fk. This is like a mediocre track off Slaughter of the Mole. Writing a song like this is easy as shiit, 15min done...but not horrible to lsn to.

I knew you'd feel that way :lol: It grew on me a lot. It's a slightly odd choice to represent the album tbh, because a lot of its pretty removed from SotS. In a lot of ways its like an updated With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness. But then I might be fanboying hard.

I knew you'd feel that way :lol: It grew on me a lot. It's a slightly odd choice to represent the album tbh, because a lot of its pretty removed from SotS. In a lot of ways its like an updated With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness. But then I might be fanboying hard.

fanboying hard much with many lots, indeed :p

Eh, you can't say that for sure until you've heard the full album :p

no, but I just really really wanted to accuse you of that !! :D

Am currently trying to digest the new Cannibal. Always feels like they've finally become bland on the first lsn, until I play them again and realize the album has potential. So far, the weakest since Gallery fer meee.

Latest posts