• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Metal Thread

no, but I just really really wanted to accuse you of that !! :D

Am currently trying to digest the new Cannibal. Always feels like they've finally become bland on the first lsn, until I play them again and realize the album has potential. So far, the weakest since Gallery fer meee.

That's ok, I just wanted to gloat about having the new album some more.

BUMP TO THE METALLICK DIVISION OF TRF:
yo yo check dis one out.

Made it some hours ago, just a pretty cool 2min experience....really glad to have mah 7-String back, damn, had been months.

Last edited by a moderator:
yo yo check dis one out.

Made it some hours ago, just a pretty cool 2min experience....really glad to have mah 7-String back, damn, had been months.

Definitely did not picture you as a metal head, 7 string player... Nice little riff

I'd stick some videos of my former bands up, but then you'd see me and that wouldn't do. You a fan of Opeth at all?

Definitely did not picture you as a metal head, 7 string player... Nice little riff

I'd stick some videos of my former bands up, but then you'd see me and that wouldn't do. You a fan of Opeth at all?

ehhh...well thanks. It's a bit random but yes I like Opeth. Not the latest two though, pretty bad stuff.

Short atmospheric death metal:

Not sure where to put those, so I'll throw them everywhere I can ! :p

Well done, man!
I don't really have too much interest in lyrics or new ATG material, but it was a good interview regardless.
Not a bad gig to get... hopefully more to come!

Have you ever listened to Decrepit Birth's second record Diminishing Between Worlds?
I think you might like it considering you like melodeath...

I think you might like this, Ewis: http://sterilizer.bandcamp.com/album/sterilizer

Not quite my thing, but interesting nevertheless. Thanks man.

I've gotta say, I'm growing away from Melodeath a little. I still love the classics, but there's not a lot new to say. Increasingly I find myself listening to a mix of Black, Doom and Sludge. Currently giving the new Pallbearer a spin.

Call that metal ?! THIS is metal :p

If you're into outside-the-box composition and original musical ideas, even if the industrial element doesn't fit your particular artistic sensitivity:

Metal on a rugby forum? yeah man! Both is stuff which i cherish. i still maintain my point that the only reason music like that of Justin Bieber is famous is because little girls does not know how to pirate.
aside from the mainstream metal i recently started to like this folk metal which originated from somewhere near sweden i think .

What does everyone think of metalcore?

*grabs some popcorn*

*grabs some popcorn*

giphy1.gif

*grabs some popcorn*

*calmly takes popcorn away and puts it on table* well in theory it could've been nice, but it's not. *stands up, hides behind couch and takes nap*

Metalcore is like the punk evolution into metal. i guess its quite good but not really for me .

I regret to announce... i only listen to the well/medium known bands . so i'm not one to judge properly.
swim wants to know where to find up and coming metal bands.

So what's everyone's favourite albums of the year been?

yo yo check dis one out.

So I missed this first time around but I really like the first riff. The transition and second riff, not so much. How did you do the drums? I feel like adding some bass drum work to the first riff would have really added to it.

*grabs some popcorn*

Subject of undeserved snobbery yet at the same time mostly not very good. Most bands I've heard that come under this label don't do much for me.

Metalcore is like the punk evolution into metal. i guess its quite good but not really for me .

I regret to announce... i only listen to the well/medium known bands . so i'm not one to judge properly.
swim wants to know where to find up and coming metal bands.

You're best looking at the forums and review sites, maybe magazines as well.

I'm a little behind on the forums these days and don't know which magazines you get in South Africa but I'd recommend the following review sites

www.thrashhits.com - cos I write for them

www.angrymetalguy.com - cos they know their shiznit and cover a lot of less well known stuff

Been writing all my instrument parts on Guitar Pro 4 for the past decade. Make a MIDI out of GP4, then use on Logic Pro X and make them sound nice there with the native Drumkit and my setup. Forget that riff, it's a cool groove but I was just happy to get my 7-string back after months of wait for the shipment to arrive to France and shàt it out. Check out the other two. Much more interesting drum parts. Don't know where to put my stuff, can't seem to get any views/listens, so I'll be putting them here from time to time, wth...Few people on my Facebook are into metal, and if they are they're too lazy to lsn to my stuff and comment :p fkrs...wish there were a way to get real exposure.

Haven't heard anything really cool this year...haven't tried that hard either...gave up on the metal scene. Fallujah was pretty nice, but nothing unbelievable.

You listened to the non-compressed to hell version of Fallujah?

Also, is there any way to get a good copy of GPro 4? I have 6, but it is fricking awful, particularly if you want to write drum parts. I've got a copy of 4, but it's a little, ahh, shaky.

I guess you'll just have to get a pirated version.

I can't say I understand why people find drum programming a PITA on 6, I don't have any issues with it.

Latest posts