• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The New Or Edited Kit Thread

S

sanzar

Hey guys I thought I'd sticky this thread now depending on whether or not Trev will allow us to have the jersey templates yet... If he does I'll start making all 3 tri nations teams jersey's look correct right away and start putting them here like I've just done in the RL2 section.

Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 18 2005, 12:49 AM
depending on whether or not Trev will allow us to have the jersey templates yet...

Not up to us guys. I will ask the question of Ubisoft/Hip but it's entirely up to them. We are restricted from using/releasing game assets (including teh kit templates) contractually.

Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Dec 18 2005, 12:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Dec 18 2005, 12:29 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Dec 18 2005, 12:49 AM
depending on whether or not Trev will allow us to have the jersey templates yet...

Not up to us guys. I will ask the question of Ubisoft/Hip but it's entirely up to them. We are restricted from using/releasing game assets (including teh kit templates) contractually.

Sorry, that's just the way it is. [/b]
Any word yet Trev? I'd like to get into them as soon as possible if we're alloud to.

is it possible to make a PLayer Editor for this game? It would be made if someone did

Originally posted by Paddy@Feb 1 2006, 01:49 AM
is it possible to make a PLayer Editor for this game? It would be made if someone did
Especially if your starting career players could be edited also. Would love this game to have league players and strips. Would have also prefered the players names under the player rather than in the bottom bar.

yes a player editior is needed because the game is not up to scratch standard. never mind putting league players in, how about real players in first something that swordfish should have done in the first place

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
how about real players in first something that swordfish should have done in the first place[/b]

blah blah, legal, legal, blah blah, stuck record, blah, copyright, blah.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
blah blah, legal, legal, blah blah, stuck record, blah, copyright, blah.[/b]

Good point there. How many times have we heard people asking about the real players and such like.....? Good God!

Swordfish aren't allowed to use the names of players for which they do not have team licences or whatever.

Get over it.

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Feb 1 2006, 02:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
how about real players in first something that swordfish should have done in the first place

blah blah, legal, legal, blah blah, stuck record, blah, copyright, blah. [/b][/quote]
as in transfer the player from normal play into career mode. why do people always assume real players mean fully licensed etc. I am not an idiot I can read you know.

legal and copyright have nothing to with swordfish being able to use the same players they do in the other comps into the career mode. this does not appear to have happened at all and there are just random player throughout the career mode. and even the licensed players you can't get ie jason robinson

edit: well seems like the nh teams have real players but you defintely cannot buy any which is still crap/lazy on swordfish's part.
the career mode though could still seem to have life in it and if we can figure out who is who in the international teams the game could be worth getting from a sh perspective. hopefully somone can figure out how to crack the files for kit editing etc

People are quick to jump to conclusions arnt they Esoj!? Any edited any kits yet, can anyone recomend the pc version? The game comes out 2mrw and i cant decide on xbox or Pc?

yes I was but in my defense I was going by what was said. and I did edit the post as well and the fact is the career mode is still very poor out of the box and needs heavy editing which is swordfish's fault mainly. hopefully someboy can figure out the editing side of things.

I would recommend the pc version as you will be able to fix up many of the areas of the game that swordfish either couldn't because of license issues or too lazy/overlooked in the career mode

this is the thread for editing so knowing what needs to be editied and what can be I think is suitable discussion for this thread.

the fact is some areas is this game won't be editable out of the box.ie player names in career you cannot edit them and also things like kits etc don't seem to be editable yet and will require special programs for this. I think this is important to discuss.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 27 2005, 03:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 27 2005, 03:33 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Dec 18 2005, 12:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Dec 18 2005, 12:49 AM

Sorry, that's just the way it is.
Any word yet Trev? I'd like to get into them as soon as possible if we're alloud to. [/b]
he was saying "no"....in corporate speak - you just needed to read between the lines.

I am cynical enough to do so - so thought I would put you out of your misery.

Whether he is being honest or not I dunno - but the answer is "NO" nevertheless.

<

Deleted several posts in this thread - yes, many TRF threads go way off topic, but this is one I'd like to keep clean - only talk about the editing of RC06 in here please.

Thats an off topic post JJ, I can't wait till I can raise your warning level.

So, what editing possibilties are there for the PS2? Would it be possible to too do modifications and put them on using Action Replay/Hard Disc?

Not planning on buying the game, but if I rent it out I don't want to play with some Frog Team or an English Club team who's only decent players are past it New Zealanders or never quite made it rejects.

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 2 2006, 08:14 PM
Thats an off topic post JJ, I can't wait till I can raise your warning level.

So, what editing possibilties are there for the PS2? Would it be possible to too do modifications and put them on using Action Replay/Hard Disc?

Not planning on buying the game, but if I rent it out I don't want to play with some Frog Team or an English Club team who's only decent players are past it New Zealanders or never quite made it rejects.
lol. you must be on drugs ripper that would explain your behaviour.

he deleted some posts and gave an explaintion to why. most mods to this you know. or did you not learn this in mod school ripper?
guess not

I don't have much editing on pc will be possible let alone ps2. some of the files can't be opened yet so that limits the editing a fair bit. if you hire it out you can change the sh names team names even but not in career mode. if you are hiring i suggest hiring for longer than a day as you will need time for editing and then actually playing the game

Latest posts