• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The next great fly half

Look I know I might sound Bias and all but I very much doubt Sexton will do what Cipraini did for 2 reasons; 1. He's a better player 2. Hes not a dick/cocky did dick.

Ah.....Not at the same time in their careers he wasnt, Cipraini had won the HC and GP with Wasps and was starting to show signs of becoming first choice 10 for England and was MOM when England convincingly beat Ireland at home.........swap Wasps for Leinster and England for Ireland :(

Look I know I might sound Bias and all but I very much doubt Sexton will do what Cipraini did for 2 reasons; 1. He's a better player 2. Hes not a dick/cocky did dick.

I like him too but he is cocky however every out-half needs that confidence to back themselves.

OK Foden at fullback then, Tuilagi has played 12 and I think its his best position....only an opinion

Just my opinion but I think McFadden would be ahead at 12 also you left out a left winger in your first post.

I like him too but he is cocky however every out-half needs that confidence to back themselves.

Just my opinion but I think McFadden would be ahead at 12 also you left out a left winger in your first post.

Im not going to argue with a man who has a tash like that!

Nope he stuck Earls in there and I'm not sure about McFadden being the next Lions 12. He has never played there internationally, and like it r not he won't until Kidney or D'Arcy leave.

Of cores Sexton can be confident everybody needs to be confident but it's not like hes dating Kelly Brooks or anything

OK Foden at fullback then, Tuilagi has played 12 and I think its his best position....only an opinion

Nope he stuck Earls in there and I'm not sure about McFadden being the next Lions 12. He has never played there internationally, and like it r not he won't until Kidney or D'Arcy leave.

Of cores Sexton can be confident everybody needs to be confident but it's not like hes dating Kelly Brooks or anything

Isn't one of the Evans brothers dating her now?

Also a friend of mine went to school with him and said he was really cocky. Of course he could have changed since then.

Yeap also had a mate who played alongside Sexton and said he was extremely cocky. Duno if that was a good thing or bad thing cos i was just asking him bout players at rapid fire pace but personality wise it didn't seem to be a good thing haha. I don't think he will make it as a great either way. Cooper, Lambie and even Cipriani have that spark about them which is needed to become a great i think. Sexton will stick to the game plan but that is it.

Yeap also had a mate who played alongside Sexton and said he was extremely cocky. Duno if that was a good thing or bad thing cos i was just asking him bout players at rapid fire pace but personality wise it didn't seem to be a good thing haha. I don't think he will make it as a great either way. Cooper, Lambie and even Cipriani have that spark about them which is needed to become a great i think. Sexton will stick to the game plan but that is it.

Thats fair enough but lately has had something needed by the greats big game performance this season and in previous seasons (mostly) he's performed in the big games.

Cooper was anonymous in the Supr 15 final still better than Sexton though.

Cipriani has always seemed mentally frail to me.

Whereas Lambie hasn't been tested at the big stage yet so the jury is still out. Does have the talents though.

Thats fair enough but lately has had something needed by the greats big game performance this season and in previous seasons (mostly) he's performed in the big games.

Cooper was anonymous in the Supr 15 final still better than Sexton though.

Cipriani has always seemed mentally frail to me.

Whereas Lambie hasn't been tested at the big stage yet so the jury is still out. Does have the talents though.

6nations wise I only saw him perform well against England and his HC performances are on a par with Ciprianis for Wasps but no better. Personally I hope he does well but the original point about him being better than Hook is wrong, he has had one really good season and its far to early to say he is at that level yet.

Heh remember when I said "TD is probably one of the most underrated player here" ? This topic just confirms my thoughts. People are talking about Wilko, Flood or even Lambie (don't get me wrong, i LOVE Lambie, I've only seen Sharks playing since Michalak moved from Toulouse and I'm already totally addicted to this guy), but nothing about TD.

2 months... 2 more months before the world will notice there's a talented fly half in Northern Hemisphere.

I did mean to mention TD at some point forgot about it he is no doubt up there in the running he dose seem to have all the attributes needed to be great just needs to refine them a little IMO.

Next Generation NZ first fives: Cruden > Bleyendahl > Barrett=Robinson
- Give it 3 years and we'll see who stays and who plays for england at the next world cup.

You didn't include Slade in there?

You should also include Gareth Anscombe in your next generation list. The guy has the complete skill set at 1st 5/8, is a 90% goal-kicker and his maturity in thinking is years ahead of his age.

I had thought that Stephen Donald had signed for the English club Bath, but I heard on RadioSport this morning, that he couldn't get a work permit for the UK so he has signed for the Blues for next season. If this is true, then Anscombe's chances of starting for the Blues are very good.

Yea it's true, don't see why they did it TBH hes a big name player (not for good reasons) most likely costs them more then hes worth.

DC is obviously the best allround flyhalf out there at the moment, and the people who have seen Jonny Wilkinson playing at Toulon will still hold him in high regard. Would love to see him play toghether with Youngs for a change and not Care. But as for the future Lambie/Farrel/Ford. Haven't seen anybody else really stand out at high level. Flood/Sexton and maybe even Trinh-duc will be very decent flyhalfs and altough I think Flood is better than both, they will never be the best.

As for QuadeC nobody can argue about the fact that he has been the best attacking flyhalf this season, but his defence is poor and has cost the Reds on several occasions. He will have more flawes uncovered at the extremely high level/pressure at the WC. I rate him very highly but he just simply isn't the best allround flyhalf out there.... Some off the stuff he's done this season tho... Sick. (In a good way.)

Good thing Hernandez got mentioned, he was insane at the WC 2007. Such a shame for all those injury's but the same can be said for Wilko.

jonny sexton, he can do everything a fly-half can do and motivate a team like no other. (leinster vs northampton).
or james hook, i doubt it but he is creative and makes lots of line breaks, but needs to mature as a flyhalf soonish !

I don't rate sexton as a world class flyhalf, he's decent. Maybe he can develop, who knows? But I think Flood is better at the moment.

Not a big Hook fan, he might be a decent flyhalf someday but for me he hasen't shown anything special as a flyhalf.

Big call re: Flood. Good player on form but he's a knack of bottling the big games.

Latest posts