• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The NFL Thread

meh, at least he played awesome before getting injured.

Vick bought shame to the NFL with his pathetic performance.

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 19 2005, 06:57 PM
meh, at least he played awesome before getting injured.

Vick bought shame to the NFL with his pathetic performance.
I'm not that much of a Vick fan and I don't like the Bears - but this was an example of not having WR's up against a very good defense.

the Bears were stacking 9 in the box most of the game from what I saw, meaning there was little or no coverage on the WR's, meaning he couldve at least completed 50% of his passes. If the Bears tried to do that with Manning he would torch them for 350+ yards and 3 TD's.

bears=overrated, tthe BROWNS beat them... thats just sad getting beat by one of the worst teams in the NFL, i mean c'mon the browns lost to the TEXANS, i hate my hometown browns...

so what, Didnt the Patriots lose to the 4-12 Dolphins on MNF last year? All teams have their bad days.

just read about Doug Flutie's dropgoal against the Fins! what was it like? did anyone see it? got pictures or mpegs of it???

Seen pictures of it, didn't even hit the ground according to most people.

Apparently it was the first time since 1941 or something like that since it was last attempted in the NFL...

and who dared to laugh when I said Indy/Seahawks Superbowl?

Who laughed when I said the Broncos were good? Heh, 2nd Seed in the AFC and still, somehow, flying under ze radar.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 5 2006, 06:02 PM
Seen pictures of it, didn't even hit the ground according to most people.

Apparently it was the first time since 1941 or something like that since it was last attempted in the NFL...

and who dared to laugh when I said Indy/Seahawks Superbowl?
It was a drop kick and if it wasn't, it would not have been a legal kick.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/stor...3e-277625e48c10

It reminded of the time when McMahon was the QB for the Vikings for one season. I was watching a game, when Madden brought up the fact Jim was practicing field goals - by himself. They showed footage of McMahon practicing before the game by tossing the ball on the ground and making the ball spin itself upright like a top; he then promptly kicked 40 yd field goals. It was actually pretty cool to see.

It was one of Elway's goals...to score a droppie. Shannon Sharpe said that he was always out there practising. Although he never got a drop goal, Elway does have punting stats: he used to punt occasionally from the shotgun on 4th down to confuse the opposition.

back in the 30's when the balls were bigger and more rugby ball shaped drop goals were more common but when they changed the ball size they kinda went out. there is an article on the nfl hall of fame site about this. Hopefully a video will show up on google video soon. I always check it out when i'm bored to watch Sean Taylor, Mike Vick, TO or John Lynch hightlight videos. Also the USC- Notre Dame one from this year is excellent.

I don't think John Lynch has been fined this season...which is first. He has been flagged unfairly a couple of times though, but that's always to be expected...

I downloaded some Greatest Hits Video off Google Video and the first 5 or 6 all were John Lynch in Bronco's uniform... If you included his Tampa Bay days he could probably have a 15 minute video all to himself.

Anyone catch the Rose Bowl?

he got flagged for tackling helmet to helmet this season a few times yeah.

Check out Sean Taylor's one. Pretty much the same jazz as Lynch but he battles with TO are damn well priceless.

Not a big fan of Sean Taylor. The fact he is a former Hurricane is reason enough to hate him. Then theres his hobby of guns... But he is a good safety when not doing time.

And any bets on who gets taken first overall in the 06 draft? I got 4 Virtual Cookies on Reggie Bush, although it probably wont be the Texans, but some fools who get sucked into the hype big time and trade away their entire draft (*Cough*NewOrleanssaintsandrickywilliams*Cough*)

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 7 2006, 11:00 AM
I downloaded some Greatest Hits Video off Google Video and the first 5 or 6 all were John Lynch in Bronco's uniform... If you included his Tampa Bay days he could probably have a 15 minute video all to himself.

Anyone catch the Rose Bowl?
The Rose Bowl was a classic. I just didn't want SC to win a 3rd.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 8 2006, 01:42 PM
Not a big fan of Sean Taylor. The fact he is a former Hurricane is reason enough to hate him. Then theres his hobby of guns... But he is a good safety when not doing time.

And any bets on who gets taken first overall in the 06 draft? I got 4 Virtual Cookies on Reggie Bush, although it probably wont be the Texans, but some fools who get sucked into the hype big time and trade away their entire draft (*Cough*NewOrleanssaintsandrickywilliams*Cough*)
Take it too the bank - the Texans take Bush for the 1st pick.

And as a side note, it was pretty pathetic for a moderator to lock a topic then delete posts refuting claims about the SB and it's worldwide audience.

At least make a challenge and refute what is posted. Don't deny and delete.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 8 2006, 01:42 PM

Ummm, the Texans will take Bush for the 1st pick.

Taylor got ejected for spitting against the Bucs
<

Flutie's dropgoal:
flutiedropkick.jpg

Latest posts