• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online Thread

What are the people who are struggling with PSN's NAT Type, I haven't got the game yet so I won't know but a lot of playstation *games need an open NAT Type I can't remember what number it is but I'm sure it's not hard to find out.

Played two games, was winnning 21-0 after a few mins and the opponent quit, second game was good came back from 21-7 down to be drawing 21 all, scored with a minute to go and yet again the other player quit. What has happened to good sportsmanship?!

funniest is when u make the break and finally beat the fullback..den all ova sudden "connection to opponent lost"

There are a lot more bad players than good online - you can tell within seconds who has more experience. Tighter defence, collecting the ball after kick off, throwing it to the back of the line out when 5 metres out (guaranteed try) etc etc Enjoying online but without blowing my own trumpet its ALLLLL TOOO EASY!

any one with a ps3 copy add me "Deadlysquirrel" got my copy today and want to try it out online... And if you play agaisnt me and i go off im sorry but my connection isn"t always great...

I'm on the psn network and I cannot invite my friends to play. I'm from south africa. Are any of you guys also having this problem? I'm soooo disappointed. I love this game but I cannot verse my mates! Please hb solve this online problem! Please!!!

What is you're PSN name?

i.m.o HB Studios needs to get a Leaderboard in place to keep everyone interested [considering that the game is very similar to Rugby 08, so as to avoid the boredom]
Reading most of the comments here everybody is saying that they beating the crap out of their opponents. So who is being beaten [people not subscribing to the TRF i assume :)]
I have played a few games too, had one very close game, which I just managed to win at the end, but there has to be a way that you play against others who on your level [similar to FIFA]
I want to play opponents who can really give me a run for my money [even beat me by 50 or more, so i can become better!]

I am fanatical about Rugby, and I want to be challenged by the best but now its just random opponents.
First night I played the game I wanted to see how hard "Hard" was, and I won the World Cup. Definitely is much harder though

My psn id is CoachCarter2010
I am a SAFFA, so you can find me online between 7 and 11pm (GMT+2)

Final thoughts: Cant wait for Rugby Challenge to see what it plays like!

Three quitters in a row - booooooo :(

One quit at halftime when I was 12 - 5 up, one at about 3mins when I ran in a try from kickoff, one about 25mins in when I was 19pts up

Guys I noticed EVERYONE is basically moaning about this, is everyone's internet connection crap or is it due to the HB server that we all experience lag. When playing fifa and other games online I don't experience any lag. I got a 100% connection so can't understand why I'm getting lag.

I'm pretty sure it's the HB servers. I'm currently not experiencing that much lag when i play, however I still can't invite my mates to a game. what's the point playing if you can't play a mate online whenever you want to. Even under players met on the ps xmb screen, I can't find any rugby 2011 guys.

It's a problem between HB and playstation I'm sure. I feel like I've been robbed!

Something really needs to be done to the quiters. Hats of the the people who last a whole match even if they are with 30 + point behind. Then there is the people who lead with 15 + points and when you start gaining on them, and you are about to score the "winning try" they quit.

Something really needs to be done to the quiters. Hats of the the people who last a whole match even if they are with 30 + point behind. Then there is the people who lead with 15 + points and when you start gaining on them, and you are about to score the "winning try" they quit.

I hear what you saying but it could be that they have lost connection. I've been in the lead a few times and then the whole thing bombed out..

Don't want to tempt fate but I've played about 30 matches and only had a couple of quitters. Guess I'm just lucky but people tend to be quite sporting even though I'm giving them a good thrashing. One guy was losing 57 - 10 and kept going to the end. Good lad!

Had a couple of epic games last night...

Me as Scotland vs SA, had a 22 - 19 lead going in to the last 6mins when the SA onslaught came, I ended up with a player sin-binned desperately trying to turn the ball over, but defence remained resolute after numerous attempts at my line and managed to steal possession near centre field inside my 22 after 80mins had gone, time for a Rory Lawson box kick to touch to close the game out... which missed!!! Was gutted but straight back on the defense.

Ended up with another Scots player injured in my attempts to regain possession, so was down to 13 men. The chap playing SA didn't want to settle for a draw so continued to run every penalty I gave away and eventually made his numbers count out wide... converted try and I lose 22 - 26. My player was still lying injured throughout!
(The chap had cheekily tried to run an earlier try in closer to the posts after crossing in the corner with Habana... the forearm of a Scotsman soon ended that idea, the try counted but it left Habana lying out cold on his back whilst his team mates jumped for joy... not sure what my opponent thought, but I laughed quite a bit!)

Another game I played against Rugbyswift, a chap off TRF who picked up my offer of an online game and we had Argentina (me) vs England...
I took the lead with a try but missed the conversion, he then equalised and converted, 5 - 7. I regained the lead with another try but again missed the conversion (damn you Contepomi!) and Rugbyswift scored again and notched the conversion... 10 - 14 when and he continued to pin me back in my own half as I tried to make any headway into his half/22.
Anyways, he gave a penalty away just inside my half which I kicked for touch with approx 8mins to go, middle jumper hit and a sniping run from my scrumhalf had me about 10metres out from the try line with time ticking away. After a ruck or two, he infringed at one and had a player sin-binned, so time was up and I chose to scrum (crap at running penalties close to the line and wanted to stick to my strengths), scrum won by me just left of the posts about 5m out, numerous attempts at his line made, rucks formed and ball recycled before another English infringement came to the right of the posts still 5m out, this time Foden was binned... so its 15 plays 13, I was bound to score right? Chose to scrum again and picked off the back of it with Lobbe and attempted to go for the right corner but stopped short.
Managed to recycle again and pass through the backs moving across left field... but ultimately he won the last ruck in front of the posts and boxed kicked for touch on the left... just making it!
Another loss to me, but a fairly epic contest all told against Rugbyswift... I'd recommend as good player to go up against online.

So far any problems I've seen online have been few and far between thankfully, tho quitters continue to be an issue.

I had a quitter yesterday, I was 14-0 down as Wales against England and funnily enough he/she carried on. I score with 65 mins played to make it 31- 14 and he/she leaves.

Aaaahhh another quitter! I haven't played a full match yet online. I was 19-nil up just about to convert and boom the other player left. So annoying! Anyone fancy a game? On the xbox that is, my gamer tag is Ned Bumshed. Looking forward to getting a decent match with someone who wont quit if they're losing.

Three more quitters just now,
That's 6 straight games without having finished one of them

The minute I saw no Leader boards or punishments for quitting that this was going to be an online killer!!!

Mine is still lagging, especially when trying to defend! I doubt its my internet connection because my fifa and other games work fine. After a fair few games online, only now i have unlocked achievement due to quitters!

Latest posts