• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Perfect World Cup Scenario.

valley commando

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
For me Wales and Fiji qualify from our group, and we go on to bt France in the final.
Eli Walker is the top try scorer and Justin Tiperic the player of the tournament.

For me Wales and Fiji qualify from our group, and we go on to bt France in the final.
Eli Walker is the top try scorer and Justin Tiperic the player of the tournament.

We can all dream.

So you're hoping to face Samoa and Italy on the way to final?

For me it would be a New Zealand v South Africa final.

Final score 38-37 to the All Blacks - plenty of magic with the try to win it a length of the field solo effort in three minutes of extra time. Julian Savea top try scorer in the tournament with 10 tries, Daniel Carter player of the tournament in which he plays his best rugby.

To be honest Im just happy if Ireland make it past the quarters. Everything else is just spectacle and love of rugby. Obviously Id still be upset if we make it to semi or a final and lose, but if we dont make it past the quarters I just may have to start watching Rugby League (wait were even worse at that D:)

Barring Ireland though, I would love to see Argentina or France play South Africa or New Zealand in the finals

For me it would be to beat New Zealand for the first time, in the final. I think Ireland could do it. It could happen. Dammit, it will happen. Who's with me?!?

Guys?

Anyone........

Hello?

For me it would be to beat New Zealand for the first time, in the final. I think Ireland could do it. It could happen. Dammit, it will happen. Who's with me?!?

Guys?

Anyone........

Hello?

BOD and Ferris will come on for one more match helping us score that vital try bringing the game to a draw, then, in the last minute, ROG will come back on and score that winning drop goal. I cant wait!

Also John Hayes, and he will cry passionately yet again as the stadium rings with the Fields of Athenry

Guys?

Anyone........

Hello?

Well I'll agree - it's definitely a possibility and not just a wild fantasy. If Ireland get to the final they've got as good a chance as any of the other top teams against New Zealand. All Blacks will always be favourites, but Ireland are capable of beating anyone.

Of course, dream scenario for me would be Wales in the same situation - especially as it would most likely require us beating Australia who we have struggled against with so many near misses for so long. Getting out of the pool would be enough to make me happy but yeah, that's the dream scenario as I'm sure it is for everyone else!

And just for fun...the silly scenario - Wales v France in the final. First lineout, Warburton tackles the entire French team at once and kicks Allain Roland between the posts for the winning conversion. I daresay that would make up for the tip tackle last time out!

Last edited:
BOD and Ferris will come on for one more match helping us score that vital try bringing the game to a draw, then, in the last minute, ROG will come back on and score that winning drop goal. I cant wait!

Also John Hayes, and he will cry passionately yet again as the stadium rings with the Fields of Athenry

Don't forget Willie John McBride to come on for the last 15 mins to replace Toner and take over as captain from POC ;)

And just for fun...the silly scenario - Wales v France in the final. First lineout, Warburton tackles the entire French team at once and kicks Romain Poite between the posts for the winning conversion. I daresay that would make up for the tip tackle last time out!

Only for The TMO to call it back and Warburton gets a red for tackling multiple players without the ball and Wales lose.

Anyway for me a perfect World Cup would be

England failing to make it out of the group stages Lancaster and Farrell replaced by Baxter and King.

Who brings in Ewers, Itojie etc etc.

But then I am one who likes to be positive. :p

Richie Mccaw gives away a penalty in the final minute of the final and Quade Cooper kicks it to win.

Well I'll agree - it's definitely a possibility and not just a wild fantasy. If Ireland get to the final they've got as good a chance as any of the other top teams against New Zealand. All Blacks will always be favourites, but Ireland are capable of beating anyone.

Of course, dream scenario for me would be Wales in the same situation - especially as it would most likely require us beating Australia who we have struggled against with so many near misses for so long. Getting out of the pool would be enough to make me happy but yeah, that's the dream scenario as I'm sure it is for everyone else!

And just for fun...the silly scenario - Wales v France in the final. First lineout, Warburton tackles the entire French team at once and kicks Romain Poite between the posts for the winning conversion. I daresay that would make up for the tip tackle last time out!

I think for the Irish lads though there is another huge level of pressure added altogether when we go up against New Zealand. Still, would be amazing to see it happen at the world cup.

Your pool will be by far the most entertaining to watch imo. 4 days to go, can't wait :D

I'd like the World Cup to suffer a scandal so monstrous that the whole competition is abolished (amongst a drugs and sex scandal). The ***le of World Champions then would fall to the winner of the second biggest tournament. This is obviously the Asia Women's Rugby Sevens Series so Hong Kong become reigning world champs.

Ireland to win without beating NZ so I can be a smug **** for four years. Even better if it's a knockout route of Namibia, Uruguay and Canada!

England vs. South Africa Final. Romain Poite the referee. Makes a terrible call, gives Bismarck a yellow card in the first minute. Martin Johnson comes running from the stands and gives Poite a massive slap so that he cries like a little girl, is replaced by Nigel Owens as the referee, the Springboks win 28-9 thanks to a hat-trick by Bryan Habana. After the match, Martin Johnson explains that it's time the referees know that the rugby audience will no longer put up with referees performing poorly at this stage. WR takes the necessary steps to make sure that it doesn't happen again, and the World in Union enjoys the sport for centuries to come...

Fiji, Samoa, Argentina and Ireland to get through to the semifinals. NZ, Australia, South Africa and Georgia to get though to the quarterfinals

SA to monster all commers in the pool stages.
NZ goes down to Argentina.
SA beat Australia in the QF, England in the SF and NZ in the final all with a last minute win on the back of some terrible referee blunder and we get to hear about the pain for perpetuity. Yes, thats Aus AND England because of some clerical error.

Jesse Kriel scores 15 tries during the tournament.
Handre Pollard scores the most points in a RWC ever.

Already had it my lifetime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-OhYAtK6to

Beat the Saffer's, Wales, France & Aus in that tournament ;). Honestly there's no way we can come up with scenario for England in this tourney.

Well I suppose NZ to come second in their group....beat Wales, Australia, NZ, Ireland finish by a final against the Saffers with a multiphased try in dying minutes. But you don't get to beat the French in that one....

... Simple, the All Blacks to win their first ***le outside of NZ, and become the first side to defend their ***le along the way

I guess playing England in the final would be the best scenario from the tournaments perspective.

Latest posts