London Wasps
Nothing to see

Attachments

• Andy Goode.JPG
    Andy Goode.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Danny Cipriani posted this up on facebook:

"A lot has been said and I just thought I'd clear up a few things. Things can be taken how you want but it is truly how I feel. I appreciate how hard selection is, there are so many boys that worked hard in camp and got less time than me so I feel fortunate to get the time that I did. I tried to do everything I could for the white shirt. There is a lot of class players in the squad and it was always going to be difficult. Of course I would have liked more time to state my case, and am very disappointed not to make the squad. I've worked hard and developed as a player in the last 10 weeks, and did all I could. I thoroughly enjoyed the camp and fully understand the route the coaches have gone down. I wouldn't be a true competitor if I said I agreed, as we all believe in ourselves. But I had a long way to make up as the squad has been building since 2012. I've had open conversations with Stuart and the coaches the whole time and learnt a lot from them and enjoyed my time. It's just the start of my journey. I'm going to stay fit and be ready if I'm called upon. Now that the call has been made lets just all get behind the team and back the 31. Full of world class players! World Cup in England! Let's be proud Englishmen and back it! ‪#‎appreciatethelove‬"

Lot of respect for Danny over that, comes across as very considerate and a genuine, basically as un-Cipriani as possible.

Young men the world over do far sillier things than him, but don't get flagged up for it.

Generally by the sort of prats who do stupid **** and then say "he's a dick, but I did stuff like that when I was young too"... probably because you were a dick when you were young too, pal.

Can't fault the guy now though - worked seriously hard over the past couple of years, and I think working with "Blackie" has helped him "get it".

Should have made it clear, I meant to be tongue in check, nothing against him and don't hold his past exploits over him was just making a joke at his expense.

Danny Cipriani posted this up on facebook:

"A lot has been said and I just thought I'd clear up a few things. Things can be taken how you want but it is truly how I feel. I appreciate how hard selection is, there are so many boys that worked hard in camp and got less time than me so I feel fortunate to get the time that I did. I tried to do everything I could for the white shirt. There is a lot of class players in the squad and it was always going to be difficult. Of course I would have liked more time to state my case, and am very disappointed not to make the squad. I've worked hard and developed as a player in the last 10 weeks, and did all I could. I thoroughly enjoyed the camp and fully understand the route the coaches have gone down. I wouldn't be a true competitor if I said I agreed, as we all believe in ourselves. But I had a long way to make up as the squad has been building since 2012. I've had open conversations with Stuart and the coaches the whole time and learnt a lot from them and enjoyed my time. It's just the start of my journey. I'm going to stay fit and be ready if I'm called upon. Now that the call has been made lets just all get behind the team and back the 31. Full of world class players! World Cup in England! Let's be proud Englishmen and back it! ‪#‎appreciatethelove‬"

The Cirpiani of 5 years ago wouldnt have done this, he'd have gone on an eff and jeff rant then try to tackle a bus again

Got to say my opinion of Cipriani has changed the last few months was actually hoping he would be picked in the 31 as he offers something very different, never mind hope he lands himself a nice fat contract in France and enjoys the rest of his career away from the media and opinionated tossers like me.

I reckon Cips might just hang in there for at least a year or two before heading for the land of plenty..................

One way to look at cips ' reaction to this Is that he's showing a great deal more maturity than we perhaps expected and a commendable desire to stick at it when his future odds don't look great...

The other, more cynical view, which I don't necessarily harbour myself, is that he knows if England fail badly this world cup and stu loses his job, with the right coach Cipriani could suddenly find himself first choice... Judging by social media he's won himself a lot of fans in high ish places

One way to look at cips ' reaction to this Is that he's showing a great deal more maturity than we perhaps expected and a commendable desire to stick at it when his future odds don't look great...

The other, more cynical view, which I don't necessarily harbour myself, is that he knows if England fail badly this world cup and stu loses his job, with the right coach Cipriani could suddenly find himself first choice... Judging by social media he's won himself a lot of fans in high ish places
Does it really matter which?

I dont buy that second version at all. Reading that it comes of as a professional player being dissapointed but gracious. I dont think its any more than that.