• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premier League Thread

Middlesbrough win again!!!!

Can't be long before Stewart Downing gets a run on the left flank for England I should think...............

Originally posted by NZL fan@Dec 7 2004, 03:30 AM

Can't be long before Stewart Downing gets a run on the left flank for England I should think...............
Not ready yet.

He's a good player playing very well but he isn't ready yet.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Dec 8 2004, 02:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 8 2004, 02:59 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Dec 7 2004, 03:30 AM

Not ready yet.

He's a good player playing very well but he isn't ready yet. [/b]
That is true, but with limited options on the left I would have thought that it might be the time to start blooding some new talent.

If he was playing the way he has this season for one of the more "recognised" clubs I don't think it would be much of a problem to be honest..........

Originally posted by NZL fan@Dec 7 2004, 07:53 PM
If he was playing the way he has this season for one of the more "recognised" clubs I don't think it would be much of a problem to be honest..........
Agreed.

It is only a matter of time before he's capped though you're quite right.

I'd be rightly ****** if I was Mourinho, how Poll could give that free kick I'lll never know, once again Pires proves he's a diving cheating *******.

a quite fascinating match at old trafford this morning and as the commentators said if it wasnt for the crystal palace keaper the score could of been 10-2

yeah Kiraly was good, saved one shot with his elbow, twas quare funny. Rooney missed a peno, which means hes screwed up my fantasy football score for the week...
<

Originally posted by cavan@Dec 19 2004, 12:28 PM
yeah Kiraly was good, saved one shot with his elbow, twas quare funny. Rooney missed a peno, which means hes screwed up my fantasy football score for the week...
<
Yes, that's exactly what happened to me! Can't believe I picked Rooney instead of my second choice, Jermain Defoe......

in my game missed peno's give a negative score, i can't tell you how ****** i am. Without Lampard, Terry and Henry we'd all be screwed. Stewart Downing has been my find of the season. Had him since week 2 at 5.5m, he's woth 7.7m now.

Would you take Bramble onto your team cause he's having another howler for Newcastle today.
<

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 19 2004, 02:53 PM
Would you take Bramble onto your team cause he's having another howler for Newcastle today.
<
He's garbage. Liverpool played well today but Bramble is quite simply garbage.

and to think that Newcastle spent £6 million on that twat. Looking fairly dodgy for us at the moment, can't get a win to save our lives. Looks like my doubts about Souness weren't unfounded. If Bobby Robson can't get anything out of Newcastle what makes Shepherd think that Souness can? Milner was one of the few players who played well today but Souness takes him off after 70 minites. Yes we have injuries but still with the players we have we should be doing much better. Maybe if Arsenal give us a thumping over Christmas Freddy may act impulsively and get rid of Souness. Certainly was a waste of â'¬9.50 for today's match although it was a quality o.g. from Bramble

Can Newcastle afford to sack Souness???

Many of your problems stem back to the sale of Woodgate. I mean Robbie Elliot at centre half? No, no, no! Which isn't Souness' fault.

It was a superb finish from Bramble although I think Given was looking weak again - just staring at a cross.

MORIENTES: I WANT TO PLAY FOR BENITEZ AT LFC

Fernando Morientes has pleaded with Real Madrid to let him leave the Bernabeu to play for Liverpool.
The Spanish striker is Rafa Benitez's top transfer target for the January transfer window as he seeks reinforcements in attack following Djibril Ciise's serious leg injury.

Madrid have so far given little indication that they are prepared to sell the 28 year old, but Morientes insists he wants to leave and he wants to play for Benitez at Anfield.

He said: "Madrid know my situation and they know they must do something about me. They must sort out the situation by being sensible.

"I am in a position where I want to play, and I will have to look elsewhere to do that. If Madrid do not want me then it's in the best interests of everyone that they are realistic.

"I haven't spoken to Rafa Benitez but I have always appreciated his work and I would like to play for him.

"There are things that must be sorted out now, and I hope they can do it. I am a Madrid player and my circumstances are difficult because I must wait for them to decide. But I would like it to be resolved with maturity.

"I like Liverpool and I am pleased that a club of their stature want to buy me. I have told Madrid that I want it to happen."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...041221-0849.htm

That should ease our striker crisis a bit...

I read that Real are only offering Morientes to Liverpool first, ahead of Monaco, because they desperately want to get their hands on Steven Gerrard.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Dec 21 2004, 06:56 PM
I read that Real are only offering Morientes to Liverpool first, ahead of Monaco, because they desperately want to get their hands on Steven Gerrard.
Gerrard will sign for the Russians.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Dec 21 2004, 11:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 21 2004, 11:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Dec 21 2004, 06:56 PM
Gerrard will sign for the Russians. [/b]
Probably. Man Utd would also be in there as well I imagine, if they hadn't blown their entire transfer budget on Rooney.

No chance.

WE WILL NOT SELL OUR BEST PLAYER TO OUR BIGGEST RIVALS NO MATTER WHAT THEY BID. Nor do I believe Gerrard would want go there.

Chelsea or Real Madrid is where he'll end up.

Latest posts