• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premier League Thread

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 14 2005, 07:20 AM
Fernando is a Red - OFFICIAL.
(another career ended............)
<

i actually think morientes will be an excellent signing for the Reds. He's got something to prove and all his team mates will be instructed to get him the ball. Perhaps a good out and out winger will be needed to supply some crosses for him.

Originally posted by NZL fan+Jan 14 2005, 03:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jan 14 2005, 03:00 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Jan 14 2005, 07:20 AM
Fernando is a Red - OFFICIAL.
(another career ended............)
<
[/b]
Don't hold your breath for the captainamerica award for the second funniest poster on the board, NZL Fan
<
<
<
<
<

Well not the happiest of debuts from the latest member of the Spannish armada, pie boy managed to score the only goal but another goalkeeping blunder costs Liverpool in a big game. Good to see Roy Keane having a decent game, cracking effort as well unlucky not to score.

I'm still very worried for Newcastle, I know he scored today and I couldn't care less but it has to be for the betterment of the club to drop ***us Brambel, again at fault for a goal today. Signing 2 ordinary defenders isn't going to fill me with the best of confidence. I've seen enough of Babyaro to know he's an ordinary player. I'll give Boumsong some time but coming from Rangers still doesn't fill me confidence.

Chelsea just keep on winning although credit to Spurs they didn't park the bus today, Arsenal stutter at Bolton, even more strange goings on at Man City, Robbie Fowler man of the match
<
. Wright Phillips really does look the business though.

Results this weekend.
Aston Villa 3 - 0 Norwich
Bolton 1 - 0 Arsenal
Charlton 3 - 1 Birmingham
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man Utd
Man City 3 - 1 Crystal Palace
Newcastle 2 - 1 Southampton
Portsmouth 0 - 1 Blackburn
Tottenham 0 - 2 Chelsea

Man City win again with Shaun Wright-Phillips on fire. Good to see. I thought Morientes looked useful, especially in the air where he wonof very good headers. Arsenal are beginning to implode with another loss. That's also good to see
<

Premiership results

Birmingham 1 - 2 Fulham
Chelsea 3 - 0 Portsmouth
Crystal Palace 3 - 0 Tottenham
Everton 0 - 1 Charlton
Man Utd 3 - 1 Aston Villa
Norwich 4 - 4 Middlesbrough
Southampton 2 - 0 Liverpool
West Brom 2 - 0 Man City

Dodgy reffing in the West Brom Man City match this evening. Yet again Graham Poll gets involved in a controversial decision, albeit one that didn't affect the outcome of the game but highlights his incompetence as an official, afterall this is the same ref who was sent home from Euro 2000. Perfectly good goal from Richard Dunne but Poll claims he hadn't blown the whistle. Still wouldn't have affected the outcome.

Chelsea stretch their lead to 11 points although that'll be back to 8 with Arsenal at home to Newcastle.
<
Man Utd temporarily up to second place. Everton couldn't capitalise on Liverpool's slip up at Southampton, didn't see that one coming. Norwich Boro looked fairly shite, credit to Norwich for the comeback of the season with 3 goals in the last 10 minutes. Not a bad day all round for the struggling teams.

City was robbed! A screamer of a free-kick denied because he didnt blow his whistle? It might be what it says in the manuel mate, but use your common sense - everyone was ready and the keeper dived for it. Don't see how the attacking side gained any undue advantage from that.

And as soon as the match is over he's in front of the camera spouting to the media about this slow or quick crap. He seems to be desperate for media exposure, maybe there's a book in the offing.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jan 23 2005, 01:12 PM
And as soon as the match is over he's in front of the camera spouting to the media about this slow or quick crap. He seems to be desperate for media exposure, maybe there's a book in the offing.
I'm expecting a DVD release soon........."Refereeing Gaffs of the Premier League".

Dreadful performance from Newcastle at Arsenal. How we only lost 1-0 I'll never know, fantastic performance from Given and that was it for Newcastle, O'Brien did alright when he came on, why Souness persists with Bramble I'll never know. Every time I see Dyer play he looks hungover. There's just a lack of quality, and what quality there is Souness is doing his utmost to undermine them i.e. Robert, Bellamy. Why he was appointed I'll never know. The sooner we get to 40 points the better I'll feel cause there's no chance in hell of getting a European place unless there's a chance in the fairplay league
<

Rant over I'll end on a positive; quality goal from Bergkamp.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jan 23 2005, 07:18 PM
there's no chance in hell of getting a European place unless there's a chance in the fairplay league
<
Wouldn't hold your breath for getting in through the fair play league with Alan "lead with my elbow everytime I challenge for the ball" Shearer in the team
<

Yeah but he always gets away with it, plus he's missed so many games that he can have a few.

More mediocrity into Newcastle to join the incompetent management with the signing of Amdy Faye for â'¬3 million.
<

I think Bellamy is right to feel agrieved, he has a touch of class that is seriously lacking and if Souness cannot get his head out of his arse and realise that then he should **** off. Unfortunately the chairman seems to be siding with Souness. I'm probably in a minority still but the sooner Souness goes the better, the only problem is finding a replacement.

Unfortunately there was only going to be one winner as far as Bellamy and Souness are concerned, Newcastle and Birmingham have agreed a â'¬9 million deal. Yes he's a hothead but he's also a decent player, something we're lacking especially with the amount of injuries we have. Souness has seriously mismanaged the situation and it's cost us.

Latest posts