• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premier League Thread

If we give Real Madrid first refusal on him as part of the Morientes then there's not a lot you Russians can do about it really woodie.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 23 2004, 12:09 AM
There is if Newcastle get Morientes.
He'll sign for us, because of the Rafa connection if nothing else.

Real care more about the money and less about Morientes' personal hapiness. Personally I don't give a **** who he signs for as long as Souness gets a decent central defender and not that Rangers clown he has his eyes on.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 23 2004, 12:22 AM
Real care more about the money and less about Morientes' personal hapiness. Personally I don't give a **** who he signs for as long as Souness gets a decent central defender and not that Rangers clown he has his eyes on.
Boumsong is a good centre half mate he's holding that comedy football club together. He'll do a good job for Newcastle. But then again, me and you would be a better pairing than Bramble and Elliott...

You don't need Morientes your strikeforce, when fit, is good.

Originally posted by woodie@Dec 23 2004, 12:41 AM
Delighted to see Madrid lose again today, arrogant tossers.
Agreed, it's going to be Barcelona's season.
<
<
<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Dec 23 2004, 12:46 AM
Boumsong is a good centre half mate he's holding that comedy football club together. He'll do a good job for Newcastle.
Oh please, anyone would look half way decent at Rangers, Bramble would even have a great chance at being their player of the season. Maybe Rangers will be stupid enough or gullible enough to take him in some sort of trade.

Been watching Boumsong for three years - he's a good centre half and let's face it he has to be better than what you have right now. He stood out for Auxerre a mile when they visited Anfield a while back - a top player.

The scary thing is that Bramble would probably be the SPL player of the year. But then again the SPL is a comedy competition and both Rangers and Celtic are comedy football clubs...

Looks like Liverpool won't get into a bidding war over Morientes and concentrate on Anelka, don't see the sense in that.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 23 2004, 08:53 AM
Looks like Liverpool won't get into a bidding war over Morientes and concentrate on Anelka, don't see the sense in that.
We can't afford it, simply.

However I believe that Morientes will sign for us.

Serious goings on at the Man City Christmas party with Joey Barton and Jamie Tandy getting in a right mess. Tandy tried to set Barton on fire and Barton stubbed a cigar out in his eye. Barton has been fined 6 weeks wages and Tandy two. Gobshites the both of them.

Maybe Souness has got one thing right this season by cancelling the Newcastle Christmas party that could, probably would have been us.
<

and who says New Zealanders cant play soccer... Ryan Neilsen just signed for Blackburn

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 7 2005, 06:41 AM
and who says New Zealanders cant play soccer... Ryan Neilsen just signed for Blackburn
Who? And Blackburn suck anyway so it's not the greatest achievement. If he wanted a classy team he should have tried to go to Manc City
<

This transfer window isn't exactly proving to be as interesting as some people thought. Doesn't look like Morientes will be going to Liverpool after Wanderley Luxemburgo said they'd be helping a rival, although that doesn't make much sense to me, they're hardly likely to meet any time this season and even if they were Morientes couldn't play.

Villa were brutal today, Alan Quinn did himself no harm with a very good display for the Blades, he's a better option that Miller at the moment for irish backup midfielders.

Miller is too lazy, certainly needs to improve his workrate.

Another dodgy result for Man Utd, held by Exeter at Old Trafford, 93 league places between them.
<
<
<

I think Miller is going to be forever troubled by the Neil Lennon syndrome - an inability to pass the ball in a forward direction.

Great stuff from Exeter City, that's a good result for United!

Looks like Morientes has got his way and is on his way to Liverpool for about â'¬10 million or â'¬9 million if they pay in one go. Lyon had bid â'¬12 million but Morientes wants to go to Liverpool and would have stayed at Real if he couldn't join up with Benitez.

Latest posts