• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

Caecilius est in horto. Romanes eunt domus.
Sorry. I thought we'd all been educated...
quote-i-m-not-being-condescending-i-m-too-busy-thinking-about-far-more-important-things-you-jimmy-carr-82-75-90.jpg

Anecdotal I know but Musks "free speech absolutism" appears to be bullshit like a lot of what he said. He basically just wants the banned right wing hate mongers back on the platform. A lot of comedy stuff is getting banned from Twitter now, even stuff that isn't particularly political or making any social points.

Saw his latest poll was essentially "should I unban everyone that hasn't literally broken the law?" which he's now going to do

I'm sure that'll go well....

What a batshit idea. The worst bit is I think there are people out there who will pay for it. Cars should not go the same way as games with "DLC" behind a paywall after paying for the thing in full in the first place.

Newsflash passing of one of your major distributors for your platform is a terrible idea.

1669766528573.png
I just wanna be a professional hater and load up on inverse ETFs on everything Elon touches but no, BIG BROKERAGE says I have to look elsewhere.

There is some philsophy talk recently about where the code itself is documentation the only thing you need to produce extensive documentation for is external interfaces and how they work. I see some merit in that I've extensively designed stuff as a starting point in the past and that's a great starting block but reality is that design has had to be modified a huge amount when reality hit it, in the embedded world sometimes chips don't work how you read them to and scope creep is always a thing. Getting access to code with documented external interfaces always helps way more than any design document.

Plus the cost of updating documentation is probably not a huge differential to the the onboarding process.

To paraphase David Fincher "Software isn't finished its abandoned"
Yeah - well - I'm trying to get our devs onto using Doxygen - and then generate the documentation right out of the code comments.

Which kinda forces the things you do want to be current and accurate:
(i) The interfaces (as you rightly say) for testing the module in question and for others designing around the module in question.
(ii) The commentary for any developer coming in years later to maintain it.

Yeah - well - I'm trying to get our devs onto using Doxygen - and then generate the documentation right out of the code comments.

Which kinda forces the things you do want to be current and accurate:
(i) The interfaces (as you rightly say) for testing the module in question and for others designing around the module in question.
(ii) The commentary for any developer coming in years later to maintain it.
Yeah I've been there, developer buy in is always the hardest part. I think you can over doxygen something and it leads to crap documentation/comments with no useful dececenable information. People can ver very lazy of they are forced to do it.

Dave Chapelle brought Elon out on stage at his show last night and ended up getting booed by the majority of the 18k crowd, lol

Elon then went home and tweeted:

He needs to realise that the bots in his replies gassing him up aren't representative of the real world

Latest posts