• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Tennis Thread.

Wow Rafa and Novak's court coverage is insane.

Vamos Rafa Nadal GIF by Tennis TV

Crazy Eyes GIF by Tennis TV

Poor Fans of Phillipe Chatrier. Sent home when there may be 2 sets to go.

Wait. Mayor of Paris has just relented they can stay. Hooray.

Last edited:
Wow, Rafa's reign in Paris looks like its coming to an end.

And it does. Unbelievable run at RG. But in sport all great runs come to an end.

Novak - what an incredible player. Can be first make player to win all 4 slams twice in pro era on Sunday.

Last edited:
Over in the tennis currently 1 set and 5-2 to Tsitsipas.

Now 2 sets down. Come on Tsitsipas.

Last edited:

Why not? He's hot favourite for Wimbledon. Olympic Games might be a problem as 5 of the matches are best of 3 sets. Easier to have a let down.

Surprisingly US Open is his weakest Hardcourt slam.

Big up for Emma Raducanu getting through to the semis of the US Open after getting through qualifying. Playing fearlessly.

Big up for Emma Raducanu getting through to the semis of the US Open after getting through qualifying. Playing fearlessly.
First ever, for either gender, to get this far as a qualifier.
And she's yet to drop a set!

First ever, for either gender, to get this far as a qualifier.
And she's yet to drop a set!
And She has nothing to lose and the others in the draw aren't that frightening either in terms of quality. There's another 19 year old on the other side of the draw Fernandez from Canada, who has knocked out a few names. But No Serena Williams, no Osaka and the previous defending champion Andreescu is also out. So wide open.

But yeh absolutely remarkable for only her 2nd slam.

If your a better person rather than trying to guess if she'll win she's currently 12/1 for sports personality of year which if she wins I'd imagine is an almost certainty.

If your a better person rather than trying to guess if she'll win she's currently 12/1 for sports personality of year which if she wins I'd imagine is an almost certainty.
Even more nailed on if she loses - we Brits absolutely love a plucky runner-up.

Also noticing that the Beeb have to Beeb.
I'd posted elsewhere about Raducanu; then the BBC News put up a headline spelling her name Radacanu; and the presenter pronounced it with a middle A; so I edited.
I then got told off for being disrespectful by not looking up how to spell her name - so I googled, and edited it back :(

Last edited:
She's half Chinese (mum) and half Romanian (dad), born in Toronto, but came over to England when she was 2 years old. I think she can be a Superstar; win or lose tomorrow night. Just needs to keep her head and steer clear of injuries, easier said than done in such a physically and mentally demanding sport.

It doesn't help when the public and media are desperate to pile on that pressure.
Pressure is part and parcel of elite sport. I think most of the stress and pressure is generated within these athletes and their desire and drive to win, as it is in any sport. Just how they handle it. But having a great team and family support around them helps.

Latest posts