• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The TV thread

Click on the "watch BT sport" button - that brings up what is essentially a tv guide.

Anyone hear of the case Virgin Media are attempting to bring to court?

Basically, it asks the question - "how does the (soccer) Premiership selling rights to Sky, BT, etc help the consumer and actually perform its task of ensuring the consumer is protected from anti-competitive practices?"

Then, it further indicates that to be a anti-competition law that performs as it was meant to, the rights for any and all games would need to be sold to multiple providers so the consumer can choose whether to subscribe to BT and/or Sky and/or etc, rather than have to subscribe to all to get to see the games.

It would be great for sports fans everywhere if they did manage to get it, as we can all agree the current farce helps no-one but the companies involved line their pockets.

edit: sorry for going off topic, but I thought it pertinent.

Interesting to see how many photies of BT sport pundits figure in the opening of the Sky coverage of the EC Cup............!! I spotted BDOC, Dayglow and Healey!!

So what are we thinking? BOD's become a pretty decent studio analyst (his in game is pretty oooff thought).

The guy who i thought was pretty good over the last couple of weeks was Matt Perry - watching his Sale/Sarries coverage last week he was really good at talking through simple tactics and skills.

Anyone else?

Latest posts