• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ukraine War thread

Ukraine isn't ready for its big offensive, but it has no choice

Quite a good article in the Times if @Lé Ddanno or @Which Tyler can unlock from the paywall? or use up 1 article free per month.
Excellent article, the only thing I can add is the longer the war goes on the harder it will be for Ukraine who's economy is currently at a complete stand still.

Hopefully someone there is trying to bump him off.
Hard to tell whether any successor if he is assassinated would feel compelled to continue the war / escalate it to "avenge" Putin and appear tough or would aim to just make noise but behind the scenes start reining it in.

Or yet another a false flag op by Putin's regime? I doubt Putin was under any serious threat of assassination. He's so well protected and paranoid.

The drone in the footage doesn't even impact the dome, it just explodes above it. Originally I though it was some sort of Russian rebel group but I'm now beginning to suspect it's just a **** poor false flag and, after seeing how shamelessly the Russian state lies about everything, including things they know full well everyone knows they are lying about, it wouldn't surprise me any more if they can't even be bothered to attempt to make the false flag even remotely believable.

I think it's linked to this article from the BBC

The Russians are trying to reduce their May victory parade because they don't want 1000s turning up with pictures of their recently dead relatives (a Russian tradition). Having these "drone strikes" is a convenient way of saying there is a security threat.

Not sure what else NATO/west could have done. In 2011 there was Afghanistan, Iraq. We were all still coming out if the global financial crisis and much of Europe was still getting high on Russian Gas (Germany, Italy) or Russian money (UK) plus Ukraine was almost lawless and corruption among its military was shocking.

The only good thing to come out of 2014 was it galvanized Europe, America and the Ukrainians to get their **** together

Not sure what else NATO/west could have done. In 2011 there was Afghanistan, Iraq. We were all still coming out if the global financial crisis and much of Europe was still getting high on Russian Gas (Germany, Italy) or Russian money (UK) plus Ukraine was almost lawless and corruption among its military was shocking.

The only good thing to come out of 2014 was it galvanized Europe, America and the Ukrainians to get their **** together
There wasn't. Easy for Clinton to say and make himself relevant.

Latest posts