• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the welsh kit

C

captainamerica

it was with great joy that i watched the first half of the wales v italy match and laughed my ass off as the italians took it to them.

and it struck me that i've felt this way all season about the welsh, even in the autumn tests: praying and hoping they would lose. why? what could provoke me to do such a thing?

because they've got their names on the back of their international jerseys.

this nod towards individualism in a team sport cuts through the air like an abrasive fart, especially at the international level. last i checked - positions in rugby were number specific, and there was a certain pride in wearing a certain number at the highest level because of the history associated with said number.

but no, wales gotta go all personal and ****.

regarding most american sports, maybe it's necessary to have names-and-numbers because we have more substitutes readily used and on the bench than on the field - not defending it, just saying that there is a kind of reason for it.

the only logic i can sense behind the decision to sew these unnecessary and unsightly letters above the number was intimated to me by my good friend who said: they've got their names on their kits so you can tell them apart cause they're all f***ing ugly.

naturally it doesn't help that they've got more hair product on the pitch and bench than in any given salon, but a personalized kit is revolting in Test matches.

wales are the best looking rugby team in planet - and im not gay - but you dont have to be gay to realise that the rest of the nations are ugly

ireland - gross - clean youre teeth
scotland - having the name hugo doesnt make you attractive
england - ha ha ha - dare i say more - ok i will - steve thompson
france - not really many good looking guys here - although there up there with wales and dan carter
s.a - percy montgommery is all they got
nz - dan carter is all they got
aus - matt giteau is all they got
wales - dwayne peel,shane williams, gavin henson and mike phillips

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 16 2006, 01:50 AM
wales are the best looking rugby team in planet - and im not gay - but you dont have to be gay to realise that the rest of the nations are ugly

france - not really many good looking guys here - although there up there with wales and dan carter
And what about Italy? When I was student I used to play for Grenoble University team and the geographical proximity made my team to play versus Italian teams relatively often. I was always surprized to see how much the Italian took care of their looking.

the pumas?

naki?
0,,2282732,00.jpeg

Originally posted by DonBilly+Mar 16 2006, 08:26 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Mar 16 2006, 01:50 AM

And what about Italy? When I was student I used to play for Grenoble University team and the geographical proximity made my team to play versus Italian teams relatively often. I was always surprized to see how much the Italian took care of their looking. [/b]
Haha yes, when I was in school we played an Italian team that was doing a tour in SA, it was the first time we played against people who's language we couldn't understand and some of the boys never even met people that actually came from over the water....well we were suprised after half time when this Italian team took to the field with a sparkling clean kit. Afterwards we reckoned they changed all their kit so we couldn't say if they made more replacements than allowed but I think the real reason was that they didn't like the dirt because even if they did change all 15 we still beat them with over 50 points

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 16 2006, 07:05 PM
yes but quite alot of females fancy him - they find him cute - as do i
That's wrong.

Huge Southwell wore silver boots once.....that means he's not right in the head. Only cause Henson wore them though....and he IS a ****.

This thread turned gay the minute Lora posted

Drew Mitchell is kinda fit........... in a athletic way ofcourse ...... great cardio and stuff ;)

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 17 2006, 01:22 PM
YEAH DREWS QUITE A CUTIE ALRIGHT
There a time & the place for fagots.....and its not in this forum.

.........Well, except for Gay guy.

New Zealand have some hotties....

Carter, Howlett, McAlister, McCaw, Williams, Oliver, Umaga, Ryan, Smith...

Originally posted by kaftka@Mar 18 2006, 02:01 PM
New Zealand have some hotties....

McCaw,
lol, did you see in the news and some american dude put a picture of richie on a internet dating service? quite funny.

btw who are the gay players in new zealand?...really..i heard 2 new zealand players are gay...Kelleher i think..

Latest posts