• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The World Cup Project - Playable demo

CeeJay

Academy Player
Hi guys,

We have released a playable demo of an independent rugby game we have been working on.
It utilises the AI and 3D from the online rugby manger game Rugby Dynasty.

We are aiming to develop a world cup style playable tournament using players from the Rugby
Dynasty database to fill 20 international teams.

The demo features a full length match between SA and NZ with 4 difficulty levels.

You can download the demo and find out more about the project here - http://www.worldcupproject.blogspot.co.nz/

It is pc (windows only) and a controller is recommended.

Happy to answer any questions and look forward to any feedback.

EDIT - Your computer may warn you about the download, we have not registered the
file with Norton as we will be making changes and updates throughout the
development process. I can assure you it is not a virus!:D

Last edited:
Must have missed this earlier, just downloading now!

Edit: Just played a quick half without knowing the controls - enjoyed it! Though a bit confusing not knowing what does what! :lol:

Last edited:
Must have missed this earlier, just downloading now!

Edit: Just played a quick half without knowing the controls - enjoyed it! Though a bit confusing not knowing what does what! :lol:

Once your in a game , hit pause and you can view game controls.

Here is a preview of the New Zealand home and away Jersey. I will be
posting new jerseys on the blog each day and will post them here too.

The New Zealand home jersey can also be seen in the demo.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome u gonna put some league teams in too ;)

Real players? Or just made up ones

This game is not licensed, so the players are not real. However, players
all come from the Rugby Dynasty online manager game database,
so while not real they are not just random either.

If I wasn't a mac snob, I'd try this out! Looks quite fun!!! :D Good luck with your project and hope your feedback etc is positive and constructive :D

If I wasn't a mac snob, I'd try this out! Looks quite fun!!! :D Good luck with your project and hope your feedback etc is positive and constructive :D

Thanks for the kind words.

If you know someone with a windows pc and a controller, download it and give it a go! Its only a 70 mb download!

Last edited:
  • The demo download has been updated and the latest version
    now includes savable instant replays!

We are proud to be the first rugby game in more than a decade to have this
    feature! (EA sports Rugby 2001 for pc already did it).

Correct me if I've missed one!

If you've already downloaded the demo, then you will need to download the
    files again and re-install to access this feature.

You can get the demo here http://www.worldcupproject.blogspot.co.nz/

It is not a virus!:D

Last edited:
I tried the demo and it felt like a mess - but keep on trying, I know I'll perservere with it.

Could really use a tutition demo mode...

I tried the demo and it felt like a mess - but keep on trying, I know I'll perservere with it.

Could really use a tutition demo mode...

You can find the game controls and some hints in the pause menu. Are you using a controller?

Thanks for the kind words.

If you know someone with a windows pc and a controller, download it and give it a go! Its only a 70 mb download!

Might partition my mac with windows. I have a copy on CD so I might just dual my macbook and see what your working on. Always like a new game of ruggers to keep me going!!! The interception on RLL2 are frustrating me too much, so I want a new game for now!!! :p

Let us know if you manage to get it working on your mac!

For those who are starting out with the demo, you might find it hard at first. Even on rookie.
We want you to have to earn your first try, and when you do , hopefully it felt great.

One big difference that people are having a bit of trouble with is the passing from rucks. You
use the RT/LT buttons to cycle a receiver then press x to pass. This is to give more control
over who you want to give the ball to.

Alternatively, for quick safe ball you use RB/LB to quick select first reciever left or right.

The best advice I can give is when you have the ball, don't go mad. Have a plan.
Don't just throw wide and hope for the best. You might try to draw and pass to put someone in a gap,
or try to beat a guy with a move or take the tackle and look for offload etc.

If the flow of your backline breaks down due to a poor pass, don't persist! Take the tackle
and settle things down.

Take your time at the ruck and weigh up your options, the ball is safe and there is not need to panic. There
are no auto or time based turnovers. If you are feeling too much pressure then clear the ball!

Once you get comfortable with the game control and how it flows, rookie should be quite fun and
easy enough for you to play around and work on your skills and get ready for a tougher challenge
on the higher difficulties.

Last edited:

Latest posts