• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The worst display of refereeing i have ever seen

but then what you said - the careers of the players and coaches depend on it. being a bar manager, i know that if one of my bartenders serves a triple, serves a drunk or a minor - thats my carrer gone. one person, sure, there is more lee-way on the feild, but one person can ruin a player or coaches carrer.
[/b]
Yeah, because giving alcohol to a child is exactly the same as missing a forward pass :rolleyes:

What you guys forget is that for every game you watch on the TV, there is an assessor sitting in the stand watching the ref; if his perfornace(s) are not good enough then he will get dropped in the same way that a player would. It won't be done in public but it will happen. I am a grass-roots referee in England - at our meetings we hear about these things from time to time: off the top of my head, I can think of a number of decisions in high-profile matches that have led to a referee being reprimanded or being given a 'break'. It does happen! So please do not pontificate about how poor a referee's perfomance was; if it really was poor, the chances are you will not see him for a while at least. If you do see him again, then that is because the assessors (experienced rugby guys who know the game and the laws of the game) who watch him have decided that he is good enough!

Out of interest, how many of you guys referee? How many of you have the balls to pick up a whistle and put yourself in the firing line? Not many I bet. Referees are human; they make mistakes as players do and as coaches do. And they do get reprimanded and dropped if they are not up to scratch in the same way that players and coaches do.

the referees have had a hard time th9is year getting used to the new rules, but they are given a LOT of slack by superiors. People in other jobs would be fired for not performing up to standard. It should be the same here. Don't just use the excuse "they have a tough job"

Latest posts