• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the worst kicker

Stephen Jones, of the top nations. Its always the same, he gets about 50% in a match

Stephen Jones, of the top nations. Its always the same, he gets about 50% in a match [/b]

You jest surely?

No-one keeps their spot at the very top level with a 50% kicking ratio. Jones always seems coolness personified in front of the posts. He isn't quite Neil Jenkins, but there's no way he only slots half his kicks.

My god.

Nobody has mentioned the dark destroyer....

...of Scotland's hopes and dreams.

Dan...

...Parks.

It depends - in tactical kicking it was probably Aaron "Punt the Ball out on the full twice in 5 minutes while there's a man in the bin" Mauger, but Goal Kicking... probably Aaron Mauger again, I remember against Fiji in 2005 he missed 2 conversions that were less than 5 metres either side of the posts.

James Hook, considering he plays for a top tier nation, missing kicks underneath the posts is unforgiveable (i.e. Against RSA and Fiji); I bet if Stephen Jones missed one like that, he'd be cut to shreds by the media.

My god.

Dan...

...Parks.
[/b]

Didnt he only miss 1 kick in the world cup? :blink:

<div class='quotemain'> Stephen Jones, of the top nations. Its always the same, he gets about 50% in a match [/b]

You jest surely?

No-one keeps their spot at the very top level with a 50% kicking ratio. Jones always seems coolness personified in front of the posts. He isn't quite Neil Jenkins, but there's no way he only slots half his kicks.
[/b][/quote]

Nope im completely serious, of course its just my opinion but when i watch Wales and Jones kicks he always seemed to be just above the 50% mark. Hes not the worst in international rugby, but he is very average. Bortalussi is fairly crap.

<div class='quotemain'>
My god.

Dan...

...Parks.
[/b]

Didnt he only miss 1 kick in the world cup? :blink: [/b][/quote]

No, that was Chris Patterson as he did about 95% of the kicks for Scotland during the RWC. Seriously, the guy is reviled throughout Scotland, his name is cursed to the heavens. The guy just kicks..badly. He only has two weapons in his reportoire: hoof it miles inaccurately or crossfield kick it. And thats it. Nothing else. The guy is a relic of Matt Williams' nightmare of a reign.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
My god.

Dan...

...Parks.
[/b]

Didnt he only miss 1 kick in the world cup? :blink: [/b][/quote]

No, that was Chris Patterson as he did about 95% of the kicks for Scotland during the RWC. Seriously, the guy is reviled throughout Scotland, his name is cursed to the heavens. The guy just kicks..badly. He only has two weapons in his reportoire: hoof it miles inaccurately or crossfield kick it. And thats it. Nothing else. The guy is a relic of Matt Williams' nightmare of a reign.
[/b][/quote]

You have several inaccuracies here, the first is Paterson had a 100% record; 17 from 17. Parks slotted all his kicks in the game against Portugal and missed 1 out of 2 long distance against Argentina,hardly a disgrace.

I agree Parks is a bit one dimensional but he is a hell of a kicker, i feel much safer with him clearing the ball than any other Scotland player. He's extremely accurate, well has been this year anyway.

You have several inaccuracies here, the first is Paterson had a 100% record; 17 from 17. Parks slotted all his kicks in the game against Portugal and missed 1 out of 2 long distance against Argentina,hardly a disgrace.

I agree Parks is a bit one dimensional but he is a hell of a kicker, i feel much safer with him clearing the ball than any other Scotland player. He's extremely accurate, well has been this year anyway. [/b]

You have one huge inaccuracy in that Dan Parks is actually a **** player. For one he is very one dimensional. He rarely tackles and rarer still runs with the ball. I wouldn't trust the guy with clearing the ball, he just hoofs the ball up field randomly, he's responsible for Scotland's problems in retaining possession as whenever he's given the ball he just boots it up the middle of the field.

Seriously. The majority in Scotland have always wanted Patterson at 10.

Carlos Spencer would have to be up there [/b]

Woah woah WOAH! But the guy threw rugby balls through his legs and does really amazing things like...like...like ignoring everyone else on his team...? :huh:

Help me out here guys, Mimic is wrong!

I always thought Carlos was a pretty good tactical kicker but his Goal kicking is average at best

<div class='quotemain'>

I agree Parks is a bit one dimensional but he is a hell of a kicker, i feel much safer with him clearing the ball than any other Scotland player. He's extremely accurate, well has been this year anyway. [/b]

You have one huge inaccuracy in that Dan Parks is actually a **** player. For one he is very one dimensional. He rarely tackles and rarer still runs with the ball. I wouldn't trust the guy with clearing the ball, he just hoofs the ball up field randomly, he's responsible for Scotland's problems in retaining possession as whenever he's given the ball he just boots it up the middle of the field.

Seriously. The majority in Scotland have always wanted Patterson at 10.
[/b][/quote]

I dont have any "huge inaccuracies" its just your opninion on Parks. Im a Scot and Paterson is second best to Parks at 10. Paterson has played there a couple of time and it was a f***ing disaster, like being taken off after 20 minutes against NZ, his kicking from hand is poor aswell. Parks every time for me.

Stephen Jones is one of the worst and maybe O'gara aswell would be up there!
But Charlie Hodgson is the worst for me,any day.

I always thought Carlos was a pretty good tactical kicker but his Goal kicking is average at best [/b]

About right. On a good day he'll knock 'em over from anywhere for fun. With his eyes closed. On a bad day he couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo.

And yet he was still better then Wilkinson.

<div class='quotemain'> I always thought Carlos was a pretty good tactical kicker but his Goal kicking is average at best [/b]

About right. On a good day he'll knock 'em over from anywhere for fun. With his eyes closed. On a bad day he couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo.

[/b][/quote]

Your right. Watch the 2003 Crusaders-Blues game. Carlos deliberately put the ball down at the very right side of the in goal area (next to the touchline) for a try just for fun. Walked backed placed it and slotted it from the worst angle possible for a right footer.

I dont have any "huge inaccuracies" its just your opninion on Parks. Im a Scot and Paterson is second best to Parks at 10. Paterson has played there a couple of time and it was a f***ing disaster, like being taken off after 20 minutes against NZ, his kicking from hand is poor aswell. Parks every time for me.
[/b]

No, it is a huge inaccuracy. And it isn't my opinion on Parks, its the opinion of most Scots. Paterson has only been given a couple of chances at number ten, they wern't all were a "f***ing disaster". Matt Williams simply wanted as negative game plan as possible and thus, Dan Parks fitted that plan perfectly and thus Paterson never got a proper chance at fly-half that he should of. This was a coach by the way who loved to tell the Scottish team how crap they were and how they all had to play within their limits. Quite possibly the worst era for Scotland in the last 20 years and Parks is a relic of that.

Paterson is a very versatile player and superior to Parks in every department (not that it would take much to be better than Parks in every department mind you).

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> I always thought Carlos was a pretty good tactical kicker but his Goal kicking is average at best [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Your right. Watch the 2003 Crusaders-Blues game. Carlos deliberately put the ball down at the very right side of the in goal area (next to the touchline) for a try just for fun. Walked backed placed it and slotted it from the worst angle possible for a right footer.

[/b][/quote]

This one???

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdpuh4y0lpw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdpuh4y0lpw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Latest posts