Tipoki gets 16 weeks

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by woosaah, Apr 16, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

thought this would have been posted already. saw a replay of the incident and it didnt look to bad, thought he was just putting in a shoulder, but it was an elbow but oh well he looked pretty remorseful in the interview

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. what an idiot...he was on tv a couple years ago crying his ass off with an apology to an opponent in a similar incident...and then does it again

im sure he has accumulated like 2 years worth of prorugby football...you cant do that mate,especially when it pays abit of ya bills

4. :lol: it proberly has by now.

5. Serge

Serge Guest

While I hate Tipoki, think what he done was pretty bad and his track record doesn't make good reading, 16 weeks is bloody excessive. 6 to 8 weeks would have been more suffice. The injury to Hilgendorf must have contributed a lot to the decision.

6. Now ... i dont like auckland .. with the exception of the man joe rokocoko :p. But man 16 weeks is a lot for anyone to take!!. Now i saw it on the news. It didnt look like something you'd get 16 weeks for. But i guess his past record & the serious injuries that accured(gees i sound brainly :p )..resulted in such a long sit on the side lines.

He was really lost for words .. poor bugger!!

7. Ripper

Ripper Guest

I give him 2 weeks before he signs with a Japanese Club.

8. Anyone think he'll go to league??

9. any chance of it being shortended?

im going to cringe if i dont see him play again.

10. esoj

esoj Guest

it does seem on the extreme end of the scale considering there is far worse things that go unpunished. maybe tipoki is the precedent and anybody else who does something similar will get close to what he got.

11. I dont think they're gunna appeal it. They've ran out of time anyway i think..

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!