• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

To Olyy and about "racism"

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all to TROlly:
you're a weak and narrow minded individual who had me banned because you didn't like the things I said about you. The racism tag is but a really cheap pretext, and sure enough, cheap enough you were to pick that up to get me banned. Like scavengers on the freshly dead. You often react very negatively to ppl who simply don't agree with the way you think. For eg you've neg-repped me a number of times before despite my not being out of line; you simply didn't like what I was saying, rather than anything objectively reprehensible I've posted. Had it been another making that comment (about Beale), it would've been easily forgotten. For making a cheap little cliché joke, I immediately get a 2-week ban - *without warning*. Me, a regular who makes an effort to contribute a lot, in all kinds of ways.
I've tried to befriend you millions of times before, but you're such a toxic person you'll easily discard all of those efforts and in stead of facing me like a functional human being, you had me banned. Typical and perfectly in-line with your smallness.

What an utterly pathetic paragraph here about Olyy - a previous TRFie champ and one of the best posters.

Oh ffs.

Look at the Kurtley Beale thread.

geese mate some of us have a life outside the TRF, and don't follow absolutely everything, i presume FFsake is, for fuc** sake i asked a simple question, asking for a simple answer no more no less, manners maketh man my friend, and which sh**hole did you find yours........because you have made over 6,000 means you can de rude, amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He made a cliche joke that Aborigines drink a lot by default in relation to Kurtley Beale having a swig too many. I don't think any actual racist would make a joke like that in a public forum and we all know Big E but it got some heat unfortunately. Only two weeks though seemingly. May he come back an even more beautiful butterfly.

It doesn't matter if an actual racist would make a joke like that on a public forum, fact remains the remark was unacceptable. He may well not be a racist but comments of racist nature have no place here. This was not the sole reason he was banned but contributed to his eventual ban. As I said previously racism is not a joke and neither should it ever be part of one either.

Last edited:
Sod it i'm staying out of this:

61uXjdA.gif

geese mate some of us have a life outside the TRF, and don't follow absolutely everything, i presume FFsake is, for fuc** sake i asked a simple question, asking for a simple answer no more no less, manners maketh man my friend, and which sh**hole did you find yours........because you have made over 6,000 means you can de rude, amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you'll find that the ffs was in reference to Ewis' posts, not your question, which is why BG8 quoted you after it, not before.

No need to go on the attack. The ffs wasn't aimed at you but at the thread itself. I was only replying to you after the quote and trying to be helpful. :)

Racism is:
hating on, persecuting, having strong negative thoughts about, not in any quality tolerating the presence of, and reacting differently to a certain group of people (than we would our own or others). It is for example doing or willing harm onto a person because he's from one specific group, or not offering to help because of that, not being friendly and generally positive or hospitable towards someone. Out of my best friends, my brothers, there are Palestinian, Egyptian, French, Mauritian (Indian), English and Somalian/Qatari. My best friend at work was Nepali.
Racism isn't:
making a joke about aborigines or Irishmen drinking a lot, English people having bad teeth and being snobby, Americans being uncultured, Mexicans being lazy...
Racist jokes perpetuate racist behaviour and allows racists to "blend in" to society. It normalises the thought patterns of racists and allows them to feel comfort in groups that would not normally tolerate racism. If they get criticised for their views, they can hide behind the veneer that it is "just a joke".

Another example of this kind of thing in action is in terms of sexism. A (male-on-female) rapist will find more comfort in a group that makes sexist jokes and disparages women than they would in one that does not tolerate any form of sexism. Rapists will get the impression that others are also sexist and it allows them to "feel normal", as if their actions are redeemable.

No need to go on the attack. The ffs wasn't aimed at you but at the thread itself. I was only replying to you after the quote and trying to be helpful. :)

ok cheers i thought it was, but no problem i apologise for my comments SORRY!!!!

When he lands himself in a hole, Big Ewis won't stop digging till he reaches China it seems.

Wanted to put some things in the light here.

First of all to TROlly:
you're a weak and narrow minded individual who had me banned because you didn't like the things I said about you. The racism tag is but a really cheap pretext, and sure enough, cheap enough you were to pick that up to get me banned. Like scavengers on the freshly dead. You often react very negatively to ppl who simply don't agree with the way you think. For eg you've neg-repped me a number of times before despite my not being out of line; you simply didn't like what I was saying, rather than anything objectively reprehensible I've posted. Had it been another making that comment (about Beale), it would've been easily forgotten. For making a cheap little cliché joke, I immediately get a 2-week ban - *without warning*. Me, a regular who makes an effort to contribute a lot, in all kinds of ways.
I've tried to befriend you millions of times before, but you're such a toxic person you'll easily discard all of those efforts and in stead of facing me like a functional human being, you had me banned. Typical and perfectly in-line with your smallness.

RACISM
Now, I've attempted to extend to the forum my position on the thread, the lightness of my angle and still got banned (because it was decided anyways as Oliver was upset). French are crazy and erratic, English are uptight, Aussies are wild, black ppl run fast and jump high, aborigines or Irishmen drink a lot…that's not racism. Those are clichés based on consistent realities that ppl without mental complexes and uncongested anuses, who don't live in a sheltered first world bubble; can easily tolerate as they understand the spirit of such comments, especially when used lightly in a joke.

I happen to have lived in Qatar my whole life, been around/been close friends with ppl from tons of different cultures, am from mixed backgrounds myself, and am not even close to being a racist.

Racism is:
hating on, persecuting, having strong negative thoughts about, not in any quality tolerating the presence of, and reacting differently to a certain group of people (than we would our own or others). It is for example doing or willing harm onto a person because he's from one specific group, or not offering to help because of that, not being friendly and generally positive or hospitable towards someone. Out of my best friends, my brothers, there are Palestinian, Egyptian, French, Mauritian (Indian), English and Somalian/Qatari. My best friend at work was Nepali.
Racism isn't:
making a joke about aborigines or Irishmen drinking a lot, English people having bad teeth and being snobby, Americans being uncultured, Mexicans being lazy...

That's the reality of it. From that, think as you wish, I'm not your parents or wtvr..

I like to talk Rugby online, and so will do so. Elsewhere for two weeks. I think it's positive I leave here for a while.
You can delete this account.

There are 2 things said here that is just plain wrong.

1. The comments on Olyy. Olyy is one of the mods who makes a very valuable contribution to this forum, on a nearly daily basis.

2. Your definition of racism. I hope you read this while being banned, so that you can become a bit more educated while being in purgatory.
Racism is twofold:
a) The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or race
b) Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Your comment about Beale, was not JUST about his drinking and about his race. And myself and I think Olyy as well as others have seen it in the same light, that your comment was a racist slur in projecting the inferiority of the aborigine-race.

Racist jokes perpetuate racist behaviour and allows racists to "blend in" to society. It normalises the thought patterns of racists and allows them to feel comfort in groups that would not normally tolerate racism. If they get criticised for their views, they can hide behind the veneer that it is "just a joke".

Another example of this kind of thing in action is in terms of sexism. A (male-on-female) rapist will find more comfort in a group that makes sexist jokes and disparages women than they would in one that does not tolerate any form of sexism. Rapists will get the impression that others are also sexist and it allows them to "feel normal", as if their actions are redeemable.

That's fair enough and in a perfect world I'd fully agree with you but if that is the ruler to be used then we'd probably need to ban everyone and not ever do or say anything. I know I've been guilty of comments that could (should?) be construed as racism/sexism/homophobic/whatever if you take the spirit in which my comments are intended out of the equation. In saying that I can understand this is a commercial undertaking and open to member... damnit, I am debating with myself again. Always my first post of the morning! Nevermind moi.

That's fair enough and in a perfect world I'd fully agree with you but if that is the ruler to be used then we'd probably need to ban everyone and not ever do or say anything. I know I've been guilty of comments that could (should?) be construed as racism/sexism/homophobic/whatever if you take the spirit in which my comments are intended out of the equation. In saying that I can understand this is a commercial undertaking and open to member... damnit, I am debating with myself again. Always my first post of the morning! Nevermind moi.

I'm sure we all have crossed the line at some stage on this forum. But we don't do it on a regular basis, nor walk the tight-rope in testing the Mods patience with bad comments. Big Ewis has been guitly of making a habit of making the aborigine-race inferior, not just this last comment about Beale.

Strikes me one or two people may be revelling in this and maybe that is another type of "ism" that has not yet been given a name!!

It is a very rare time I take anything from BE seriously as most all of his work is intended as fun or thought provoking rather than malicious.

In any case like beauty sometimes these things are more in the eye of the beholder or, in this case, of the reader!!

I accept he says he is not a racist but he says things that you just can't say on a forum that is accessible to all ages and nationalities let alone any potential corporate partners that may be looking at us to assist or collaborate.

Yet the comment is still there for all to see (it's a view able forum publicly).

Not saying you guys are wrong to give him a ban, I actually agreed with Olly at the time that the comment was out of line, and to be fair BE could probably do with taking a short break from here as a few people have got upset of late but if the potential chain effect is one of the main reasoning's for banning him then remove the comment other wise you look like you're just talking the talk.

FWT, i like Ewis, he's been a massive contributor and has helped me out a lot on a number of occasions with zero ulterior motives other than to do a bloke a favour. There is a lot to be understood in how different perceptions of these types of comments can be - i can tell you now in France Ewis comment wouldn't have raised an eyebrow, whereas I'm English and for me it does, as have a few others of late. I'm not saying that makes it ok, i'm just saying it's an international forum and as such things are going to get lost in translation and we're going to encounter things that are acceptable in some countries not being acceptable in others and that maybe the intention is not to offend/cause harm.

Last edited:
I'm sure we all have crossed the line at some stage on this forum. But we don't do it on a regular basis, nor walk the tight-rope in testing the Mods patience with bad comments. Big Ewis has been guitly of making a habit of making the aborigine-race inferior, not just this last comment about Beale.

I feel the bit where upon being told he was over the line, he just started lecturing about how he wasn't, that probably didn't help. Was quite funny though :lol:

edit: I am enjoying this, I shan't lie, I'm a horrible person and I love watching people flip out. But it's not because it's Ewis. Although I am mildly thoughtful now after GN10's post.

Last edited:
Yet the comment is still there for all to see (it's a view able forum publicly).

Not saying you guys are wrong to give him a ban, I actually agreed with Olly at the time that the comment was out of line, and to be fair BE could probably do with taking a short break from here as a few people have got upset of late but if the potential chain effect is one of the main reasoning's for banning him then remove the comment other wise you look like you're just talking the talk.

FWT, i like Ewis, he's been a massive contributor and has helped me out a lot on a number of occasions with zero ulterior motives other than to do a bloke a favour. There is a lot to be understood in how different perceptions of these types of comments can be - i can tell you now in France Ewis comment wouldn't have raised an eyebrow, whereas I'm English and for me it does, as have a few others of late. I'm not saying that makes it ok, i'm just saying it's an international forum and as such things are going to get lost in translation and we're going to encounter things that are acceptable in some countries not being acceptable in others and that maybe the intention is not to offend/cause harm.

And here's the thing that you have pointed out, which is basically how South Africa's Constitution outlined the way in interpreting racism, or any other ism for that matter.

We use the Differenciation:Discrimination scale. If something is weighing more to the differenciation scale as oppose to the Discrimination scale, then it wouldn't be seen as unlawful/discriminant/hatred.

Now while there are plenty of problems with the system, on a worldwide scale, the system is of such standard that it works, even with it's flaws. The main thing with this system is the Human factor. and here, just like in democracy, the Majority rules.

The same is applied to this forum, Olyy did not do the ban alone, he is not Hitler. He took the matter up with the other mods, and the majority agreed that Big E overstepped the boundaries. We are a multinational, multicultural forum, and not all the mods are from one country/culture, so I think it's safe to say after careful deliberation, the correct steps were taken.

I wasn't even the member of staff that brought it up in the staff room
#persecuted

Took me far too long to work out 'I ambiguous' was BE is disguise.

I need some more sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.