• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tom Croft's 60m try.

<div class='quotemain'> Jonah was a number 8 initially then they groomed as a Winger.

Eric Rush was a flanker, but played for the All Blacks as a winger.

It's not really that unusual ...

[/b]

Now correct me if im wrong, but i was talking to my cousin the other day, a Fijian kiwi, and he was telling me that in NZ they try and put the fastest men as the loosies.. especially at 7. They should be even faster than wingers. And that Eric Rush was a flanker, but he was too slow so they told him to play wing.. i told him he was full of crap, but i would love to know if theres any semblance of truth in that?

[/b][/quote]

He talks about it in the first of his books (Lost my copy of Gold Rush ages ago though so I haven't read in a while), from memory it was Laurie Mains idea due to their being a good stock of loosies and a lack of wingers at the time (when he made the position switch Saint John was on his last legs and Jonah hadn't burst onto the scene at the Hong Kong sevens yet).

<div class='quotemain'> I think it's quite obvious that the NZers just don't have any pace.
It's the foreigners they bring in that adds speed to the team.
[/b]

Back up your comment's with some names and facts...

[/b][/quote]

Oh, you mean back up my "humorous" remarks that had no serious bearings what so ever?
Give proof to something i was only joking about?

Ripper saw it was a joke, and if you saw my reply after Ripper's remark then you can see i was clearly being light hearted.

You prove yourself to be more of an idiot everytime you post here.

Oh, you mean back up my "humorous" remarks that had no serious bearings what so ever?
Give proof to something i was only joking about?

Ripper saw it was a joke, and if you saw my reply after Ripper's remark then you can see i was clearly being light hearted.

You prove yourself to be more of an idiot everytime you post here.
[/b]

Well for a start "MATEY"... A person like yourself who has a reputation of slagging the All Black's :bravo: How am i suppose to know weather your speaking outta your arse or your mouth??? You havent got a balance for me to think that you were only joking. So in future... Do your self a favor and say what you know, and not what you think is right Son

You also proved AGAIN that you are twice the idiot you were yesterday...So go hide under a hole Mr Welshman and like Melhor said, sorry i meant Mr prestwick said, your reputation's at risk :toss:

Well for a start "MATEY"... A person like yourself who has a reputation of slagging the All Black's
[/b]

No, no you get it all wrong.
I constructively criticise the All Blacks as i do every other team. I have no untoward feelings - even if i do want anyone else to win the world cup but them.

However, It is slagging off you that i am gaining a reputation for.

But hey, i may just take you advice and "hide under a hole" for a while...regardless of how difficult that may be. :blink:

How amusing it is becoming already; God knows how touchy and humourless some of these Kiwis will be next year when they don't have any of the current All Blacks left...

But hey, i may just take you advice and "hide under a hole" for a while...regardless of how difficult that may be. :blink:
[/b]

Its all over Matt, oh how you will RUE the day you crossed paths with TRUE LEGEND!

RUE I SAY!

The ruing has already since began.
I mean, he gave me a neg rep for making a joke about NZ!

Who says the Kiwi's don't ahve a sense of humour?!

[/b]

Hitler_planet.jpg

hahaha.. these battles between all you brits and LEGEND are hilarious!!!
sometimes you guys are a bit harsh on the old Kiwi, but in this case, i'd have to say LEGEND that it was clearly a line spoke in jest...
Funny nonetheless!

Its good all you poms agree on something without winging about it :cheers:

ill have drink to that myself

How amusing it is becoming already; God knows how touchy and humourless some of these Kiwis will be next year when they don't have any of the current All Blacks left... [/b]

Would've worked better if it had even been a reasonably accurate hyperbole.

Apart from Hayman, the North hasn't signed anyone we will miss. Jack has been surpassed by Ali Williams as the Number One Lock, Mauger is ****, Rico Gear will struggle to make the 30 Man World Cup Squad and Byron seems to have forgotten how to pass the ball quickly and efficently... who else is going anyway? Clarke Dermody and Sam Tui'topou.... OH KNOWZ!!!11

The ruing has already since began.

[/b]

Excuse me MR!

You gave me a negative rep for calling someone a dick head that had no business with you...And the fact that you dont know the full story meant you poke your nose into things you dont know :bleh!:

<div class='quotemain'> The ruing has already since began.

[/b]

Excuse me MR!

You gave me a negative rep for calling someone a dick head that had no business with you...And the fact that you dont know the full story meant you poke your nose into things you dont know :bleh!:

[/b][/quote]
The reputation system is called reputation for a reason. What we see written ny a member and how he/she behaves is how we form an opinion about them. These formed opinions also gain a reputation and whether it is negative or not is displayed by your rep points. Hence Matt giving you a neg rep point.

The reputation system is called reputation for a reason. What we see written ny a member and how he/she behaves is how we form an opinion about them. These formed opinions also gain a reputation and whether it is negative or not is displayed by your rep points. Hence Matt giving you a neg rep point. [/b]

Not too worried about the rep thingy i believe its full of **** anyway.Where here to debate rugby not to gain reputation. Its like those who flaunt the scrumagging law for twisting the scrum around your gonna get those who abuse the law within the law

<div class='quotemain'> How amusing it is becoming already; God knows how touchy and humourless some of these Kiwis will be next year when they don't have any of the current All Blacks left... [/b]

Would've worked better if it had even been a reasonably accurate hyperbole.

Apart from Hayman, the North hasn't signed anyone we will miss. Jack has been surpassed by Ali Williams as the Number One Lock, Mauger is ****, Rico Gear will struggle to make the 30 Man World Cup Squad and Byron seems to have forgotten how to pass the ball quickly and efficently... who else is going anyway? Clarke Dermody and Sam Tui'topou.... OH KNOWZ!!!11

[/b][/quote]

Yer, really sad to see Hayman go. Hopefully he comes back home before the 2011 RWC.
As for the others, they're not irreplaceable.
Mauger leaving is a blessing in disguise for the All Blacks imo.

Kepp whinging, True Legend, but i was justified in my neg rep to you and you've been looking for an excuse to give me one ever since.

As for the other argument, you should let it go TRUE LEGND, his initial post was a joke. You're making us Kiwis look bad :p

Anyways, Mauger and Smith are turtles man :p

Kepp whinging, True Legend, but i was justified in my neg rep to you and you've been looking for an excuse to give me one ever since. [/b]

An eye for an eye :p ...Pay backs a ***** :cheers:

Latest posts