• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 10 Movies

Sucker Punch to me was a great movie, very intricate and complicated with many levels of metaphors spread all over the place. The story comparing the tough life with these outlandish fight scenes were amazing. The cgi was out of this world and probably would fall in my top 3 for movie soundtracks.

Top 15 pick for sure.
Samurai-sucker-punch-wallpaper.jpg

Some people also rave about Watchmen but I still need to finish it to confirm as top tier.

Watchmen is one of my favourite Superhero movies, Super is worth watching also.

Solo - probably a controversial inclusion but as I'm not a Star Wars purist I was quite happy with the direction it took. Fun adventure, nice FX.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Disney showing Lucas what he should have done. Rinses Episodes 1 - 3, and at least on a par with 4 and 6.

Out of all the Star Wars films you have literally chosen two of the worst. I would easily take Episodes 2&3 over Last Jedi, possibly 1 as well.

Out of all the Star Wars films you have literally chosen two of the worst. I would easily take Episodes 2&3 over Last Jedi, possibly 1 as well.

That's why top 10's are subjective.

I find these things very interesting, seeing who's tastes appear to more closely mirror my own.

Also enjoy spotting the lists that some people 'think' they should put.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
3. Stand By Me
4. Moon
5. City of God
6. Grave of the Fireflies (although I wish I never watched this ******* film)
7. Blade Runner
8. Spirited Away
9. Arrival
10. Mulholland Drive

City of God is excellent and I usually detest films that try to empathise with crooks. If Grave of Fireflies gets you down, you can raise your spirits with When the Wind Blows (the joint bleakest animation ever, to the sound of David Bowie!). I really like your list but gave Moon 4/10. Go figure.

In no particular order and considering how much i liked them when i first watched them

1. Lawrence of Arabia
2. Casablanca
3. Fitzcarraldo
4. Dr Strangelove
5. Jaws
6. The empire strikes back
7. Ben Hur
8. Seven Samurai
9. Amadeus
10. Annie Hall

I think Herzog can be a little overrated but Fitzcarraldo is worth watching if only to see that they really did what is on camera. Bonkers. I've never seen Amadeus or Ben Hur so shall seek them out.

1. Wanted

2. Fight club

3.Star Wars revenge of the sith

4.Django Unchained

5. Pulp Fiction

6. The Skin I live in (This movie is too hectic)

7.Kill Bill

8.The Wolf of wall street

9.Inglorius basterds

10.Swiss army man

11. Idiocracy

12. Warm bodies

13. Thor ragnarok

14. Team America

15. Kingsman The golden circle

16.The boy in the striped pajamas

17. Pain and gain

18. Neverending Story (Because Velkor, my heart still bleeds for that flying dog)
I would like to add, the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Recently watched Inside Man with Clive Owen, Denzel Washington and Jodie Foster.

It also warrants a mention as one of my top movies. Probably one of the better heist movies around along with man on a ledge and Ocean's 11

Recently watched Inside Man with Clive Owen, Denzel Washington and Jodie Foster.

It also warrants a mention as one of my top movies. Probably one of the better heist movies around along with man on a ledge and Ocean's 11
HOT TAKE: Inception is the best Heist movie.

I didn't like inception to be honest. I can understand why others do, but me personally, wasn't a fan.

Same here. Nothing special about inception for me. Sometimes i think Christopher Nolan is a bit overrated.

His best film for me is The Prestige. What a wonderful film. Beautifully filmed.

Same here. Nothing special about inception for me. Sometimes i think Christopher Nolan is a bit overrated.

His best film for me is The Prestige. What a wonderful film. Beautifully filmed.
Dark Knight tops the cake for me but The Prestige is a very close second.

No Specific order, just number them as I think of it...

1-3: LOTR
4:Full Metal Jacket
5:What's eating Gilbert Grape
6: Platoon
7-9:Hobbit
10:Windtalkers

Latest posts