• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 10 Over-hyped rugby players

You are all over the place.. First off you brought Wilson into the conversation as someone said all Small did was finish tries on the end of the chain, to which you replied "just like Wilson" or something to that effect. I then explained to you that he wasn't like Wilson at all so at comparison was invalid. So you clearly were making a comparison, but now you're saying you weren't?

Secondly, you said you can't compare Cullen to Small as it is unfair to compare Cullen to "old" players, backing that up with the reasoning you can't. compare Habana to Howarth (presumably due to the fact they were in different eras). I then pointed out Cullen and Small played test rugby and Super rugby against each other, and now you are changing the basis of not be unable to compare Cullen to Small because he is awesome?

Put a bit more out in before you post and you won't have to go back and contradict earlier poorly thought out points.
No I made the same stupid statement as the one who made first remark about Small. Go back and have a look when I asked what defined Wilson and made him a good player. Not his strike rate but his all round capabilities. Now put that in a pipe and smoke it.

Just wait bro. He'll post something interesting and entertainingly misguided soon. ;)

It'll be like red-herrings eating each other's tails, going in circles soon. :lol:
And for the record. I do not get angry on the internet. Its just words on a screen nothing more.

Last edited:
Yeah just like Jeff Wilson. At least Small did not lose the ball when tackled going over the try line

That was in response to someone saying Small only scored on the end of the chain. Which part of your post isn't a comparison?... Saying "just like Wilson" is making a direct comparison.

Is English of Afrikaans your first language? It might explain some of the confusion in your posts.

Last edited:
lol which one bro? :lol:

Waits for wafer thin example. :)

Ben Franks he was born in Australia on holiday and was rescued 5 mins later. There is another can not remember right now but half your RL team are Aussies

Last edited:
That was in response to someone saying Small only scored on the end of the chain. Which part of your post isn't a comparison?... Saying "just like Wilson" is making a direct comparison.

Is English of Afrikaans your first language? It might explain some of the confusion in your posts.
Well obviously overlooked his other qualities just as they did with Wilson by just posting his strike rate. The key word is "Versatile" or "Utility back" in the modern era.

Well obviously overlooked his other qualities just as they did with Wilson by just posting his strike rate. The key word is "Versatile" or "Utility back" in the modern era.

Right ok, makes sense now. Should have said that in your first post and you would have saved us both from arguing over nothing.

Ben Franks he was born in Australia on holiday and was rescued 5 mins later. There is another can not remember right now but half your RL team are Aussies
lol I knew you were gonna do the birth thing! Wish I'd wagered something on it actually.

That means Mehrts was a saffa (explains his boring kicking game :p - note I am a huge Mehrts fan just taking the ****) then!>!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

It's a combination of growth and who the player identifies with in the end. Essentially, Quade was orn and bred in NZ, and only very late in his rugby development did he don YELLOW (not Gold) colours. Nothing more nothing less.

Being born somewhere doesn't make you who you are. And while it LEGALLY obliges you to represent that nation, does not maketh the man.

Come on man, I thought behind all the shaky logic you use, that you were at least smarter than that! :lol: :)

lol I knew you were gonna do the birth thing! Wish I'd wagered something on it actually.

That means Mehrts was a saffa (explains his boring kicking game :p - note I am a huge Mehrts fan just taking the ****) then!>!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

It's a combination of growth and who the player identifies with in the end. Essentially, Quade was orn and bred in NZ, and only very late in his rugby development did he don YELLOW (not Gold) colours. Nothing more nothing less.

Being born somewhere doesn't make you who you are. And while it LEGALLY obliges you to represent that nation, does not maketh the man.

Come on man, I thought behind all the shaky logic you use, that you were at least smarter than that! :lol: :)
Kiwi Aussie almost the same. One loves a sheep thief that committed suicide the other loves the sheep....

Mike Catt as well but unlike the others we begged him to leave. O'Connor had a choice between all 3 Tri Nation countries as he qualified for them all.

Right ok, makes sense now. Should have said that in your first post and you would have saved us both from arguing over nothing.
You sure you ain't my wife?

Last edited:
MarriageVirgin.jpg

Last edited:

No one has or ever will care about international Rugby League, true story.

Kiwi Aussie almost the same. One loves a sheep thief that committed suicide the other loves the sheep....

Mike Catt as well but unlike the others we begged him to leave. O'Connor had a choice between all 3 Tri Nation countries as he qualified for them all.

You sure you ain't my wife?
You're a bipedal characterisation of the 'facepalm'.

Just wow... can't even imagine what goes on... whatever's in the confines of your cranium... :lol:

Yet you must play Posh rugby to attract some of its left over fans.
Posh rugby? lol
Talk about resentment. ;)

As much as I agree with how much of an off-field pillock Henson is, I really wish the media would gets it's facts rights about the whole train incident from a few years back. Wasn't actually him who did the deed (something along the lines of taking a leak in the middle of the carriage?) but one of his mates, I swear a family came forward and cleared him of the public disorder stuff because he was sat with them at the time talking to their young son who was an O's supporter? As much of a complete knob he's been off the pitch, we at least owe the guy enough not to credit him with **** that he did not actually do!

Fergus McFadden could be a contender. I swear some Leinster supporters thought he'd be the next O'Driscoll...

Fergus McFadden could be a contender. I swear some Leinster supporters thought he'd be the next O'Driscoll...

Most Leinster fans here were quite realistic about McFadden. He's a talented player, who's probably underrated by many imo. He's got a good all round game, and could become a future star. Always tough to follow the likes of O'Driscoll though....

Its unfair to build people up as the next O'Driscoll as no one is gonna be as good as if for a long time to come, if ever. Mcfadden is a top player but is not gonna be on par with O'driscoll at any stage in his career so people should just accept that now and let him grow as a player and to succeed o'driscoll one day

Did you hear what he said or did you made that decision on hearsay based on opinions from the papers? He was a bad boy off the field but WTF cares? Its his private life none of anyones business yhe same as yours is not anyones business. So your opinion is not on the field based but you did not like his public image. ThanksWell I know what made Jeff Wilson great his all round abilities. You are the first one to mention those btw better than just the tries and test matches. We all know try stats do not actually tell you anything about the player as a wing can do nothing out wide and just take the last scoring passes. But Wilson was a great all rounder. Now coming back to the Small issue. He would never have a great strike rate nor score as many as Jeff Wilson because SA and NZ played two totally different games. NZ played the more expansive game and utilizing space very well. Totally the opposite what we did as we played what has worked for us most of the time and that is the tactical kicking game and shutting space down as quickly as possible as well as not letting teams play the way they want to play. 95 He was the man marking Lomu when I say marking him I mean marking him like following him around. NZ did use Jonah as a decoy and catching him out of position but he scrambled very well and did what he does well and that is shutting space down and his good all round game. He was solid and yes NZ think he is totally **** because he has not scored a single point against them. To score 20 something tries in 42 games considering the time he played and the style it is pretty good. He did what he suppose to do and did it very well. For his efforts he got a winning WC medal and started off with the other 14 players Jonah's awesome try scoring record against SA. That is a big FAT ZERO. He did what half of the WC could not do. Stopped a player twice his size from scoring in a 100 minutes of rugby.

I'll take Chester's word that James Small is a racist clown being as he called Chester a F****** K****** on the pitch, asked him why he is playing 'OUR' game and proceeded to belittle and shun him throughout his career.

Anyway aside from that ive gone back and read your posts over the last few pages and despite making a complete tool of yourself in most of your pointless, groundless arguments and accusations, you're actually a big of a dagg.....

haha :lol: - the entertainment is worth the cringing....

Try and stick to the topic lads, it's not about who is the biggest prick of the field...

The ones that comes up without giving to much though in recent history and current (first time I see this topic, at page 11 - face palm)
My list is over-hyped, not saying they are necessarily bad players, although some were shocking.

Mike Catt
Boeta Wessels
Jorrie Muller - some bad mistakes are still called a "Jorrie" today
Ben Tune - they made a god of an average to good wing
Justin Harrison (Wallaby Lock, not sure of spelling)
Clyde Rathbone
Earl Rose
Morne Steyn - match winner yes - over hyped, yes

and just fun trivia - worst Bok ever:

Dale Santon – replacement hooker.
Also qualifies as being the Bok with the least game time ever.
Red carded 15 seconds after coming onto the field.

Last edited: