• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 2014/15 Season

^ haha sounds good !
And yeah, my uncle tells me about how he used to see the Herrero brothers when he watched the Nice team play, back in the day. They'd pass by the gym, and everybody thought they were like gods, haha.

Draguignan, Var. Used to be a village, now it's a town :p

And no offense taken obviously, if anything I'm quite glad. Glad I'm responsible for the invention of a new verb: "turncoating" FF just used there. Innovation, and provoking innovation in others, it is well known, is a mark of geniusositiness...:closedeyes:

played against Draguignan many times or should i say fought against them as at the time it was war than rugby in the Var, next time you see your uncle ask him about les Buchets ( Eric and cant remember the other) and Michael Sappa, Jean Charles Orso Jeff Tordo, used to know nearly all the Nice boys and have played against most of them at sevens at the end of the season, we lost a final v Nice in Grasse one year. Excellent memories.

played against Draguignan many times or should i say fought against them as at the time it was war than rugby in the Var, next time you see your uncle ask him about les Buchets ( Eric and cant remember the other) and Michael Sappa, Jean Charles Orso Jeff Tordo, used to know nearly all the Nice boys and have played against most of them at sevens at the end of the season, we lost a final v Nice in Grasse one year. Excellent memories.

who did you play for Gaston?

haha sure thing ! That's awesome, it's even possible, who knows, you may've seen my dad and uncle once completely randomly as I know they hung out around the Nice Rugby team and premises, they both did "haltérophilie", weightlifting when young. Apparently Nice were really something back in the day, so I've heard, so I've read; now they're like Fédérale 2 or smt !..the Armitages played there..

You were a prop or hooker, you said ?

Since returning to France for good, here in the Var, I do have a big penchant for Toulon, the family atmosphere they have there, how happy the players are, Pilou Pilou, Boudjellal's occasional intelligent remark and outside-the-box thinking, Wilko, crazy Bernard Laporte, their consistency and their commitment on the ground, their professionalism and how they represent the new Toulouse in many ways, how they're keeping French Rugby dominant on the European scene. As I go downtown here, I see RCT stickers and logos on cars, bars...ppl have loved the RC Toulon since the Herrero days, and aren't bandwagon fans (like me :p ) who started loving them since 2013 when they started winning.
I wish I could wear both Toulouse and Toulon, but I'll keep with Toulouse right now.

well you are. We're both Rouge et Noir ;)

...............because they still mean a lot to me and I'm a fan of their players, but as an organization they disappoint me too much and I can't help but be lucid about their mediocrity, and sometimes, downright unacceptable failures..

Sounds like you have been Biarritzed!!!!!

who did you play for Gaston?

Antibes for around 12 seasons and finished up as player / Club Treasurer, FFR member, we played mostly Honneur and did get to 3rd div National as it was in those days equivalent of Fed 1/2 these days. Started playing at 10 then 15 where i was for a number of seasons then switched to flanker as i was a fairly meaty 15, 100kgs, which is the best position on the field 6 or 7 i just loved it right in all the action and trouble!!!!..... but did have the honour of playing every position on the park during my career, even prop and hooker both for about the last 15 mins of 2 games that was not good, but survived only just, and one was against an ex french international prop, that hurt for the rest of the week and some more.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have been Biarritzed!!!!!

eh oh oh, keep your bloody opeless to yourself, "Biarritzed" would be at least 3 levels beyond what I currently am going through, thank you very much !!! ;) :p

haha sure thing ! That's awesome, it's even possible, who knows, you may've seen my dad and uncle once completely randomly as I know they hung out around the Nice Rugby team and premises, they both did "haltérophilie", weightlifting when young. Apparently Nice were really something back in the day, so I've heard, so I've read; now they're like Fédérale 2 or smt !..the Armitages played there..

You were a prop or hooker, you said ?

We used to go to Micheal Sappas bar at the time cant remember the name but had something to do with rugby, Bernard Herrero also had a bar near the port a little later on that we also used. Thats right the Armitages both played for Nice at Junior level before going back to the UK. that's one reason why their French is so good.

Last edited:
* Delon speaks quite easily better than his brother Steffon though, for wtvr reason...
Whenever my uncle visits again, I'll ask him about all this, see what I can squeeze out of him.

There may be secrets that he will have to take to the grave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happens on Tour stays on Tour syndrome n' est pas!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, the unspeakable things that occurred during those long nights in Nice, in that fateful gym...

says Buchets rings the bell and Michael Sappa, but not the other two. Not much success !...

Latest posts