• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 2014/15 Season

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
Thought I would open this thread for comments....but more because I wanted to use my 4,000th post on this topic!!!

I would like to think so but in all honesty probably not as have not bothered with a season ticket as am not here for most of the winter and there is little to no coverage outside of France!

Interesting that Sky have finally woken up to the fact that they should get the rights to the best european competition and let us hope that, as it is their main rugby, they will cover it better than anyone before them for whom it was just a filler!

still a way to go for that !!...I already miss it tbh. France Rugby is pointless as we all know now, and I just only want this to start again.
Will be really cool to see what Lyon can manage this year.

Can anyone compete with Toulon this year? It seems their squad is going to ridiculous.

HaHa....give you a reason to support this thread too this season then!!!

still a way to go for that !!...I already miss it tbh. France Rugby is pointless as we all know now, and I just only want this to start again.
Will be really cool to see what Lyon can manage this year.

you're a real Top 14 fan now weheeeee.

Toulousains need to focus 200% on getting their hands back on that silveware. I don't want to see those muppets of Toulon hijack the game again. I want a return to the good old days. Every trip to Mayol should start with une bonne générale. Switch off all those damn cameras. And let's have a few derby à l'ancienne!!!

i have it up to here with Toulon. I supported them half heartedly in the H Cup. Now it's over. They'll fizzle out this season, time to get the great Toulouse bandwagon underway.

Can't wait for the pre-season to end and the real circus to start. Enough with those Down under tours malarky.

Last edited:
you're a real Top 14 fan now weheeeeeeeee

boh putain, il était temps !! :p
I've already given it to you that you were more clever to see this coming before me. I still think some of your views about the FFR/LNR world are terribly exaggerated or flat out inaccurate, but I've converted to the "Idontgivea****anymore" tribe beliefs. Indeed, that side they call "France" nowadays doesn't really represent us...and the ppl who say the France team represents the state of French Rugby as a whole, as in is a copycat or an extension of the Top 14 are fkng bunkers. You ever seen any team, even Biarritz, play as aimlessly as France ?................(okay, maybe Biarritz...).

You send Castres or Toulouse or Clermont or Montpellier or Stade Fraicheur d'Eté to Australia, provided you replace the foreigners with French internationals to make it 100%, no way they take 50 points. No way they score ZERO points.

I've learnt this from watching Rugby in particular: if there's a team with very good players and a shiit coach, give me a team with 50% less cumulative player quality but a good coach. Ten times out of ten.

boh putain, il était temps !! :p
I've already given it to you that you were more clever to see this coming before me. I still think some of your views about the FFR/LNR world are terribly exaggerated or flat out inaccurate, but I've converted to the "Idontgivea****anymore" tribe beliefs. Indeed, that side they call "France" nowadays doesn't really represent us...and the ppl who say the France team represents the state of French Rugby as a whole, as in is a copycat or an extension of the Top 14 are fkng bunkers. You ever seen any team, even Biarritz, play as aimlessly as France ?................(okay, maybe Biarritz...).

You send Castres or Toulouse or Clermont or Montpellier or Stade Fraicheur d'Eté to Australia, provided you replace the foreigners with French internationals to make it 100%, no way they take 50 points. No way they score ZERO points.

I've learnt this from watching Rugby in particular: if there's a team with very good players and a shiit coach, give me a team with 50% less cumulative player quality but a good coach. Ten times out of ten.

well the writing had been on the wall a long time, many are still in plain denial so you're excused!

I do not exaggerate one bit about FFR and LNR. They're a mafia. They're dangerous. The reality is far worse. You clearly haven't dealt with these people. They're like a bad fukking rash, some rare form of cancer.

I take the view the current national team no longer represent the rugby I see around. Not my rugby anyway. I don't want to see any more interference from the suits into my club. ENOUGH. They can get their international meat elsewhere.

the ppl who say the France team represents the state of French Rugby as a whole, as in is a copycat or an extension of the Top 14 are fkng bunkers. You ever seen any team, even Biarritz, play as aimlessly as France ?................(okay, maybe Biarritz...).

ah ah you're starting to see the light now, talking like a true fan :bravo:. We'll work on you some more this season, turn you into a real fan. Toulouse fan that is. You're a work in progress :D

Yep I hope you're right. I hope he delivers. Big big season coming, we'll need all hands on deck.

Will put it this way I reckon he will be your best 10 in a while. (Which isn't hard TBF).

Always rated him for England and Tigers, and will put in 100% effort on the pitch.

Get him to play attacking rugby and you should be fine.

Will put it this way I reckon he will be your best 10 in a while. (Which isn't hard TBF).

Always rated him for England and Tigers, and will put in 100% effort on the pitch.

Get him to play attacking rugby and you should be fine.

true. Moving McAlister to 10 wasn't always going to work out...haven't seen Flood play in a while, but I don't know if he'll bring much of an attacking 'culture' to the 10 jersey though. McAlister may have been a center naturally, but he's an ex-AB, and has those natural skills with the ball.

ah ah you're starting to see the light now, talking like a true fan :bravo:. We'll work on you some more this season, turn you into a real fan. Toulouse fan that is. You're a work in progress :D

never said I wasn't !

well the writing had been on the wall a long time, many are still in plain denial so you're excused!

I do not exaggerate one bit about FFR and LNR. They're a mafia. They're dangerous. The reality is far worse. You clearly haven't dealt with these people. They're like a bad fukking rash, some rare form of cancer.

I take the view the current national team no longer represent the rugby I see around. Not my rugby anyway. I don't want to see any more interference from the suits into my club. ENOUGH. They can get their international meat elsewhere.

:p
and I'm starting to understand your stance a bit better now. You're not against France Rugby, you're against THIS France Rugby, this FFR. But are you saying if we get a proper coaching staff, you'd be fine with them borrowing players from Toulouse ?

true. Moving McAlister to 10 wasn't always going to work out...haven't seen Flood play in a while, but I don't know if he'll bring much of an attacking 'culture' to the 10 jersey though. McAlister may have been a center naturally, but he's an ex-AB, and has those natural skills with the ball.

Well I don't know your squad, But Flood is a 10 that thrives playing on the line rugby, I mean he has started 109 games for tigers scored 25 tries and has scored 1336, he is rock solid.

Only weakness is his drop goals, it doesn't come naturally to him.

What dose the Toulouse first XV look like for next season?

Also I like flood so much I am buying a Toulouse Jersey just because of him.

You ever seen any team, even Biarritz, play as aimlessly as France ?................(okay, maybe Biarritz...).

If you are trying to wind me up it is not working as Natalie Pinkham is displaying her baps at the Austrian GP Drivers parade!!!

PS......this thread should remain on holiday for a few more weeks!!!!

Tony Manx;654u are trying to wind me up it is not working as Natalie Pinkham is displaying her baps at the Austrian GP Drivers parade!!! PS......this thread should remain on holiday for a few more weeks!!!![/QUOTE said:
And we talk about Les Bleus i don't think so !!!

If you are trying to wind me up it is not working as Natalie Pinkham is displaying her baps at the Austrian GP Drivers parade!!!

PS......this thread should remain on holiday for a few more weeks!!!!

...I have so absolutely no idea what this means, I must admit it's a little frightening...

And we talk about Les Bleus i don't think so !!!

:lol: damn straight, gaston !!! Anything but thaaaaaaaat !!!...Rugbyrama keep putting articles out about the detail of les Bleus in Aus...man, seriously, who gives a fk at this point ? Throw it all out, it's all got to go and start from scratch...oops, I'm talking about les Bleus right now aren't I...

What dose the Toulouse first XV look like for next season?

Also I like flood so much I am buying a Toulouse Jersey just because of him.

uhmmm...I dunno, check this out and do the work:

Acquisitions: Palisson (Toulon), Flood (Leicester), C. Flynn (Crusaders), Tialata (Bayonne).
Departures: Beauxis (Bordeaux-Bègles), Gear (Honda Heat, Japon), Montès (Castres), Donguy (Oyonnax), Chalureau (Perpignan), Pujol (Perpignan), Barraque (La Rochelle), Qera (Montpellier).
Re-signings: David (2018), Ferreira (2017), Galan (2017), Johnston (2016+1), Kakovin (2017), McAlister (2016+1), Tolofua (2017), Poitrenaud (2016), Maestri (2018), Cros (contrat pro), Aldegheri (contrat pro).

Don't know who they'll start, who they won't...I don't even know what they'll do with McAlister. I'd imagine they'll start Flood, at 10, and use McAlister starting at center ? or as a replacement FH, or will Doussain play FH...I know Barraque and Beauxis are out and they're both FH's, so...

Flood is good news, I hope...but keeping that front row another year is ultimately disappointing, but there was nobody else in the market I guess this off-season. But Census Johnston is doing Toulouse no good in the scrum...

Latest posts