• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 2014/15 Season

I see PSAis slowly crawling out of the barrel of sh.. he is in by blaming everyone but himself and should keep his job as nobody else wants it he is the worst piece of shi.... that has ever been in charge of French rugby

I see PSAis slowly crawling out of the barrel of sh.. he is in by blaming everyone but himself and should keep his job as nobody else wants it he is the worst piece of shi.... that has ever been in charge of French rugby

definitely. I'd go the full length and say he and Lagisquet are the worst staff in pro Rugby history, at least at int'l level. By far. France are a laughing stock, and given the players they've got, it's quite unbelievable. They play SOOO SO SO SO bad together...

Whatever happens, I just hope Toulon doesn't win it again.

Bayonne, Oyonnax -----> Pro D2

Your are a brave man indeed we have not got the fixtures yet and already predicting future relegation, not sure of either of those teams,really should see the fixture list as the games during Internationals weighs heavily on results.

.[/QUOTE]

The best team will win Toulon outclassed everybody in Europe last seaon and they deserved their success it's now up to everyone else to up their game to them beat and this will happen all the teams have recruited well and we should be in for another cracking season of some of the best rugby the World can offer today

yeah I read the interview. What a complete WANKKER. He is going to stay all the way and keep his job. They don't have the balls to fire him. They don't do firing, not in their culture. That actually requires making decisions and owning up to the fact they are wrong. they will n-e-v-e-r do that not even with a machine gun on their head. They're going to mollycoddle the **** all the way to the WC. Thing is he wouldn't get a job back with any Top 14 club. Not even as a bus driver.

France needs to fire PSA if they want to go past the quarters stage at the RWC. Bring in a competent coach FFS!

never heard of FFS before. Federation Française Shiite de rugby

:p hahaha, would really be a lot more fitting than soiling the name of the FFR !...

when it comes to soiling their own name they do that very well themselves, they don't need anyone's help.

I meant Shiite as in Shiite vs Sunnite. We're the Sunnites and we bask in our sun here in Toulouse...they bask in their own....ah well...

France needs to fire PSA if they want to go past the quarters stage at the RWC. Bring in a competent coach FFS!

You need to read the previous posts theFFR do not do firing small men in spacesuits with no balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I don't know your squad, But Flood is a 10 that thrives playing on the line rugby, I mean he has started 109 games for tigers scored 25 tries and has scored 1336, he is rock solid.

Only weakness is his drop goals, it doesn't come naturally to him.

What dose the Toulouse first XV look like for next season?

Also I like flood so much I am buying a Toulouse Jersey just because of him.

yeah I think Flood is a great signing. And he will have his work cut out to establish himself as our 10. It's up to him to raise to the challenge and survive his first Top14 season but i think he will. It's great that he's not going to the WC he will be 100% available to the club and that's what Toulouse has been short of in the last 2 seasons.
Jean Marc Doussain has showed with Mc Alister's injury that he is a very capable 10 in Top 14 and H Cup. He is the only one I know who can successfuly cover both positions at that level for Toulouse. There's no other player like him in Top 14. He has put in some tremendous performance this season for us and was voted best player this season by the fans. I don't know how many games he has won with the boot for us and put in some thunderous tackles. For me when fit he is the best player in his position in Top 14. I dont care about Parra and Kocott, none of them can play 10 like he can and Jean Marc can match Kocott for brute physicality as he is a bull of scrum-half not quite in Kelleher's league but not far off.
He is wasted on the national team and if they want pick and destroy Parra and Machenaud, let them. If he doesn't make the WC that's fine with many including Noves. Jean Marc will be able to concentrate fully on his position and give his all for the club. He is a terrific player and great guy. He doesn't need to have his confidence destroyed in the toxic environmment of the national team to come back to us with his morale down to his socks and have Noves pick him up again and again. Anyway he doesn't sing the national anthem that well anyway. I heard hime. Bit out of tune like the rest of the team with a conductor who thinks he is Berlioz but is more like a deaf-dumb rapper. I digress.

It will be interesting to see what kind of partnership he develops with Flood and I can't wait for the first games with these 2 on the field. I think Mc Alister is the one who could lose out here.

what the hell are you on about with the Muslim thing there ?! :p

Anyways, agreed 100% with your post about Doussain. When you see what he does for Toulouse, and then see that first half he produced in Cardiff last 6N, you really, really, really wonder how a guy can go from A to Z like that and it gives you a glimpse of what the atmosphere must be like playing for France right now. Stress almighty, miscommunication, panic..."toxic" as you say.

http://www.stadetoulousain.fr/Effectif___Staff-16.html

I'm gonna take a try at this:

1 Steenkamp
2 Corey Flynn
3 Census Johnston
4 Maestri
5 Albacete
6 Nyanga
7 Dusautoir
8 Picamoles
9 Doussain
10 Flood
11 Matanavou
12 Fickou
13 Fritz
14 Huget
15 Poitrenaud

To me it's :
1-Steenkamp
2-Tolofua
3-Johnston
4-Maestri
5-Albacete
6-Nyanga
7-Dusautoir
8-Picamoles
9-Doussain
10-McAlister
11-Médard
12-Fritz
13-David
14-Huget
15-Poitrenaud

16-Flynn
17-Ferreira
18-Tekori
19-Galan
20-Flood
21-Fickou
22-Clerc/Palisson
23-Tialata

Or maybe (can be good) :

9-Doussain
10-Flood
11-Médard
12-McAlister
13-Fritz
14-Huget
15-Poitrenaud
20-Bezy
21-Fickou/David
22-Clerc/Palisson

what the hell are you on about with the Muslim thing there ?! :p

Anyways, agreed 100% with your post about Doussain. When you see what he does for Toulouse, and then see that first half he produced in Cardiff last 6N, you really, really, really wonder how a guy can go from A to Z like that and it gives you a glimpse of what the atmosphere must be like playing for France right now. Stress almighty, miscommunication, panic..."toxic" as you say.

just a funny play on word.

you need to park away all that test rugby malarkey. Any fan with half a rugby brain cell knows that the national side is cobbled together by a bunch of apes in order to fulfill agreements penned by dimwits. That's all it is. It doesn't represent anything of the club rugby me, Gaston and hundreds of thousands of fans experience every week. It is what it is.

There's only 5 games in the 6N. Same lark every year. It's an absolute pisser compared to the league here. A blip on the horizon. And the WC is every 4 years. No need to get your head in a twist for an event that comes back like El Hierro. The AB will do their haka, go home and it'll be all over.

The national side is not a side, it's just an aside. It's not even the equivalent of a bad apéro.

None of the clubs currently engaged in Top 14 give a rat's tail about the FFR circus regarding the national team. Their latest brain-dead scheme with the Elite Group 30 is cannon fodder to the media. They have to be seen to be doing something and tell the media about it. All the clubs have taken or are taking steps to work around it.

Toulouse don't even have a seat any more at the League. Everybody knows that and no one here is losing sleep over it.

With only 2 exceptions, all the Toulouse players released for the visit at Kangourou park were either injured or back from injury. That sums it all. Doesn't matter who should have been playing on the wing, who should have slept with PSA's wife. They all did.

You're becoming a true fan now. Let go of your delusional expectations.

Steyn10, welcome to the forum. And I was doing the XV I believe Toulouse will play, not the one I would personally prefer.

You're becoming a true fan now. Let go of your delusional expectations.

Well I can't let go completely. The 6N, yearly tours and World Cup will always be important. But as I've said before, I don't care about the PSA-led France anymore. It really doesn't matter that they win, lose, lose by a lot, lose by even more than that...because it's the same team in the end. It doesn't matter. It just doesn't. And I'm very, very, very sorry for the players.

You know, I've been looking for signs, hidden messages, involuntary cries for help from the players but couldn't see any. Of course they're not going to say flat-out "this guy can't coach for shiit, help uuuuus !!!" so they'll go on with their "we're working hard, we're getting there" self-encouragement speech, all of them individually in interviews...but I really don't think they see it as we do. They're like fish in a bowl, and they know something's off but I think they're too far into this to see what's really happening. They don't have the means to put 2 and 2 together and draw conclusions. I really feel sorry for them...they're like the first line army we threw in at war everybody knew was going to die, but nobody dared utter a word about the situation and just went for it.

but their importance is only very relative.

The media are telling you otherwise and you're buying it. The media circus around the national team is orchestrated by the FFR goons. They have Media relation officer paid to sell their BS in order to sell the game and support FFR.In real fact FFR does very little to promote the game inside the country, never mind outside. It's all left to the clubs to do it.

Toulon winning back to back Heineken Cups do far more to promote the game.

Toulouse and Clermont playing a game in Hong Kong last year has had far more impact to promote French rugby abroad and attract potential investors from Asia than anything the national side has done.
The WC only comes back every 4 years. The 6N accounts for a mere 5 games. That's 8 games in total if we scrap the June tests which we should.

You cannot seriously argue that our entire domestic league should be organised to suit those 8 games. That is the DAFEST thing I've ever heard.

None of the Top 14 clubs that I know of have agreed to nor signed the 30 Elite Group scheme.

You've got to stop listening to the media BS in this country about the national side, it's just BLAHBLAH and FFR attempt to regain some control over the professional game as clubs slowly take over.

Latest posts