• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 16

With the ever remarkable exception of Parisse, the rise of SF to the top of the league is down to their homegrown talent.

Slimani has showed he is one of the best props in the league and is a shoe in for the 6N
Danti has been on many clubs radars with his performance as centres. I agree with Big E

Plisson has relegated Morne Steyn to second fiddling (with himself on the bench) when many talking heads were saying it would be the other way round. I can't see Steyn staying after this season. He can't adapt and brings very little to the party. Another foreign flop :huh:

Antoine Burban is back into international form imo. Raph Lakafia is transformed and has morphed into the backrow Lievremont saw in him in 2011.

Sinzelle and Arias are regular starters and turning solid performance.

Where do they get all these French players in Paris? :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Top game Toulon v Racing. 37 minutes of effective playing time. Very enjoyable :)

Last edited:
With the ever remarkable exception of Parisse, the rise of SF to the top of the league is down to their homegrown talent.

Slimani has showed he is one of the best props in the league and is a shoe in for the 6N
Danti has been on many clubs radars with his performance as centres. I agree with Big E

Plisson has relegated Morne Steyn to second fiddling (with himself on the bench) when many talking heads were saying it would be the other way round. I can't see Steyn staying after this season. He can't adapt and brings very little to the party. Another foreign flop.

Antoine Burban is back into international form imo. Raph Lakafia is transformed and has morphed into the backrow Lievremont saw in him in 2011.

To be fair to Lakafia, he was brilliant for the last couple of seasons and did not drop his head playing for Biarritz but was injured for quite long period with concussion injury - like what Sexton now has BE!!!

Brilliant tribute to Charlie Hebdo by Toulon....

Both teams wearing tee shirts We are Charlie entrance onto the pitch, this will happen in all TOP 14 games this weekend

1 minutes silence for the Gendarme murdered by the Terrorists
1 minutes APPLAUSE for Charlie Hebdo, President Boujhellal said a mins silence not appropriate for Charlie Hebdo
MARSEILLAISE SUNG BY ALL 15.000 PRESENT
Pilou Pilou with a difference,
any scores by any players the announcer called them all by their first names Charlie!!!!
Well played Toulon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, it was obvious but very sweet and noble. I liked it. "Charlie Halfpenny with the conversion" :p
And the Marseillaise shows that as soft as we are in France, we won't exactly put our arms down, and the fact the Marseillaise was sung so spontaneously was very moving.

yes, it was obvious but very sweet and noble. I liked it. "Charlie Halfpenny with the conversion" :p
And the Marseillaise shows that as soft as we are in France, we won't exactly put our arms down, and the fact the Marseillaise was sung so spontaneously was very moving.

Great idea. Full of wit and respect. Great atmosphere at Mayol. And some top notch rugby from both sides. Great counter attacking from Racing who fought till the end.

Last edited:

Plisson has relegated Morne Steyn to second fiddling (with himself on the bench) when many talking heads were saying it would be the other way round. I can't see Steyn staying after this season. He can't adapt and brings very little to the party. Another foreign flop :huh:

- - - Updated - - -

Top game Toulon v Racing. 37 minutes of effective playing time. Very enjoyable :)

agree with everything there, especially the part that mentions how you agree with me.
Lakafia has indeed "transformed", yes. He went from occasionally remarkable to putting in a ton of work attack/defense every single weekend. Each Day, carries hard and 14 tackles.

And yes Paris have been nothing short of awesome. They've good players, but not like those other giant stables of the championship and they do exceptionally well with what they've got.

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea. Full of wit and respect. Great atmosphere at Mayol. And some top notch rugby from both sides. Great counter attacking from Racing who fought till the end.

Giteau's return was just...you see what Toulon were lacking so immediately as soon as he returned. Hernandez was glorious in the first half. Toulon look a bit better right on time for the Euro games. They worried me a tad the past two-three matches...

agree with everything there, especially the part that mentions how you agree with me.
Lakafia has indeed "transformed", yes. He went from occasionally remarkable to putting in a ton of work attack/defense every single weekend. Each Day, carries hard and 14 tackles.

And yes Paris have been nothing short of awesome. They've good players, but not like those other giant stables of the championship and they do exceptionally well with what they've got.

- - - Updated - - -

Giteau's return was just...you see what Toulon were lacking so immediately as soon as he returned. Hernandez was glorious in the first half. Toulon look a bit better right on time for the Euro games. They worried me a tad the past two-three matches...

Their last 2 defeats were blips on their radar. It's the opposition that should be worried.....

The Paris crowd sang it at Stade game last night immediately after silence and through kick off !! Uplifting!

The Paris crowd sang it at Stade game last night immediately after silence and through kick off !! Uplifting!

I'm sad innocent lives were lost like that, but unfortunately there is actually a very positive side to this incident. French people like the rest of Europe are sleeping consciences when it comes to Islam. They don't know what Islam is, which is funny, as all they have to do is read up on prophet and warlord Muhammad and his 34 military campaigns, the blood he's shed with his own hands, and that piece of garbage book he's so unfortunately spawned into this world and all of its horrific content. Religion of peace ? Peace of shiit. Those extremists didn't get their message from watching Isabelle on Canal+ (or did they ...I dunno, I get very religiously illuminated myself when I stare at her straight for too long...), and they sure in hell got it from somewhere. To every "complicated" problem (this really isn't one, but...), there is a pile of leaves stacked together. The more it goes, the more layers are removed. Until you find the actual answer, the culprit. In this case, France and all of the blind Western world will eventually find that diabolical book lying there, it's been there all along. As long as this book and its culture remains, the hatred and alienation it cultivates, extremists will pop out from time to time and people will die. Islam is a religion created by a conqueror, meant to conquer, has conquered and will continue to do what it does: conquer for its own wealth, not for a supposed universal message of peace.
Errr I mean, yep Clermont really took it in that central derby there to the CABist, ay ?!....

too much for me on a Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes yes, I agree....very strange... don't mind that, I must've been drunk....or really really stoned....or worse yet, limpidly lucid !!! AAAAAAHHH !!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 2.02.56 PM.png

Grenoble still holding onto that 6th spot. Barely. Toulon way down to 3rd this week. Clermont first, and well deserved, but with as many points exactly as Stade Frangipane. Bordeaux looking fairly healthy, with just a point away from Racing which could quite easily find its way out of the Top 6 with a slip next time.

I'm sad innocent lives were lost like that, but unfortunately there is actually a very positive side to this incident. French people like the rest of Europe are sleeping consciences when it comes to Islam. They don't know what Islam is, which is funny, as all they have to do is read up on prophet and warlord Muhammad and his 34 military campaigns, the blood he's shed with his own hands, and that piece of garbage book he's so unfortunately spawned into this world and all of its horrific content. Religion of peace ? Peace of shiit. Those extremists didn't get their message from watching Isabelle on Canal+ (or did they ...I dunno, I get very religiously illuminated myself when I stare at her straight for too long...), and they sure in hell got it from somewhere. To every "complicated" problem (this really isn't one, but...), there is a pile of leaves stacked together. The more it goes, the more layers are removed. Until you find the actual answer, the culprit. In this case, France and all of the blind Western world will eventually find that diabolical book lying there, it's been there all along. As long as this book and its culture remains, the hatred and alienation it cultivates, extremists will pop out from time to time and people will die. Islam is a religion created by a conqueror, meant to conquer, has conquered and will continue to do what it does: conquer for its own wealth, not for a supposed universal message of peace.
Errr I mean, yep Clermont really took it in that central derby there to the CABist, ay ?!....

You might find this post Islamophobic, but it is historically right. The Coran book was written at a time of war against Western countries by men who wanted their people to be aware or maybe some sort of propaganda of VI and VII th centruy ... So if analyzing some historical facts can be treated as Islamophobic, then where are we going ? Most of you do not libe in the country that was attacked last week. Ask yourselves how would youreact if these incidents had happened in your homeland ?

On the other hand, this is a rugby forum, so maybe this post should not have been in the top14 thread ... But I'm very disapointed of certain peoples comments in here ... I would have thought I could have found more open minded people.

Latest posts