• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 8

(Good performance from the guys who were standing in for MHL..................what is the current situation re Hape, Gaston? Is he another Erinle?!!)

not quite sure how to read this Tony Hape left us before the end of last season March time i think he was advised by medical staff to retire from the game or have a very long break as he was having concussions and mental issues, so he has not been part of the club for quite some time now.
Do BO want him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serge puts his Presidency in question, at the after match press conference of the Basque Derby last night, things could get really messy as not many people want to take the reins of a team that are not doomed yet, but look as they are well on their way. Could be trying times ahead for BO.

I see this as good news and long overdue....he turned down initial approach from Afflelou, he turned down Quatari and Russian investment, and endearing as it is (and I admire him for it) he is too loyal to the players sponsors and too blinded by his love for the club that he cannot do the right thing and change the values of the club as demanded by the truly professional era that the "new money" that has come into the game over the last 5/7 years has heralded.

I would love him to remain ex-officio and figurehead president with a new management with new ideas and a more professional attitude such that new ideas and ethos is established from management, sponsors and players. If this means fusion, so be it!

As it is the same old mantras are being trotted out of pride in the losing players, poor referee, injuries and wait until the next game........................all the while we are 10 points from 11th place, have lost seven out of eight games and are fighting relegation for the third season out of three with a poorer squad each year and renewed talk/rumours of financial difficulties such that it is possible that 4 players may have to be left out of the squad! Trying......merde!!

Stade Fingleton 18 – 11 Montpellier HL
Perpignan 20 – 16 Stade Toulousain
Aviron Bayonnais 27 – 19 Biarritz Olympique
Castres Olympique 19 Р15 Racing M̩tro 92
Grenoble 12 Р12 CA Brive-Corr̬ze
Oyonnax 25 – 22 Rugby Club Toulonnais
Clermont 40 – 11 UBB

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]Pts[/TD]
[TD]J[/TD]
[TD]G[/TD]
[TD]N[/TD]
[TD]P[/TD]
[TD]p[/TD]
[TD]c[/TD]
[TD]+/-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Stade Fingleton[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]174[/TD]
[TD]147[/TD]
[TD]27[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]ASM Clermont[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]220[/TD]
[TD]157[/TD]
[TD]63[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Rugby Club Toulonnais[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]230[/TD]
[TD]148[/TD]
[TD]82[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Montpellier Hérault Rugby[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]198[/TD]
[TD]143[/TD]
[TD]55[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Stade Toulousain[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]187[/TD]
[TD]139[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Racing Métro 92[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]140[/TD]
[TD]164[/TD]
[TD]-24[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Perpignan[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]179[/TD]
[TD]177[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Castres Olympique[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]174[/TD]
[TD]138[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Grenoble[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]139[/TD]
[TD]186[/TD]
[TD]-47[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]CA Brive-Corrèze[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]153[/TD]
[TD]179[/TD]
[TD]-26[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Oyonnax[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]143[/TD]
[TD]184[/TD]
[TD]-41[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Union Bordeaux-Bègles[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]172[/TD]
[TD]203[/TD]
[TD]-31[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Aviron Bayonnais[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]138[/TD]
[TD]199[/TD]
[TD]-61[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Biarritz Olympique[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]122[/TD]
[TD]205[/TD]
[TD]-83[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The final game ended with Clermont re-finding their scoring powers and UBB felt the full force with a 40:11 thrashing but the biggest losers are BO who are now 10 points (counting points difference) from the safety position of 12th​.

Good win for USAP, who are away to Biarritz next week, against Toulouse with a fine drop goal from Hook to clinch it after a strong come back from Toulouse after the appearance of McAllister off the bench. Indeed, it was he who dropped the ball when it was easier to score a try right on time which would have won the game!

Castres also kept their season on track with a win against Racing and Grenoble and Brive managed to draw……which all sides in the lower half and playing each other need to do to assist BO in their quest for salvation!!

4... Okay cul... Who was the ref?

Romaine Poite was the ref, Oyonnax showed bucket loads of courage to beat Toulon who should have won but did not, Oyonnax are a long way from dead, superb performance by them and finished with only 14 on the park

Come on he made one mistake and Garces made loads in your favour against Australia......it is called swings and roundabouts.....you are not going to get all Kiwi/Barnes on us are you?

Come on he made one mistake and Garces made loads in your favour against Australia......it is called swings and roundabouts.....you are not going to get all Kiwi/Barnes on us are you?

One mistake?

He had a reputation to make poor calls. It was even in news reports BEFORE the match.

I'm concerned. It's clear that the French are trying to make their league the best, most lucrative league in the world.

But, with Poite and Garces being way below par, its making just a mockery of the game.

One mistake?

He had a reputation to make poor calls. It was even in news reports BEFORE the match.

I'm concerned. It's clear that the French are trying to make their league the best, most lucrative league in the world.

But, with Poite and Garces being way below par, its making just a mockery of the game.

My dear friend you obviously have no idea of what you are talking about, did you see the games or just highlights of a few mistakes the 2 refs concerned may have made. The TOP 14, is the best competitive league in the world beyond doubt!!! probably why the best players are all on their way here, the 2 referees named will never make a mockery of the game, the game as you so call it is so much bigger then anything else, and that includes the referees.

Last edited:
Serge Blanco appeared on Stade 2 ( a french tv sports programme) last night saying he was staying as President of BO whether this is good or bad time will tell, something has to change as BO seem to be going from bad to worse and with the next 3 games against, USAP, Castres, Racing 92, they have a tough time ahead, but we wish them all the best.............

My dear friend you obviously have no idea of what you are talking about, did you see the games or just highlights of a few mistakes the 2 refs concerned may have made. The TOP 14, is the best competitive league in the world beyond doubt!!! probably why the best players are all on their way here, the 2 referees named will never make a mockery of the game, the game as you so call it is so much bigger then anything else, and that includes the referees.

False.

It's the money being thrown at the players that is getting them there. Ask any Saffa, Aussie or NZ'er they go to France purely for the financial gain, not because of the the competitiveness of the league.

There's no tougher league than the Super Rugby tournament. And guess what, no french referees participate in that tournament...

False.

It's the money being thrown at the players that is getting them there. Ask any Saffa, Aussie or NZ'er they go to France purely for the financial gain, not because of the the competitiveness of the league.

There's no tougher league than the Super Rugby tournament. And guess what, no french referees participate in that tournament...

Continue with your thoughts do you really think we care!!!!!! of course the money is intresting nobody denies that but personally i know plenty of Saffirs pro players in France several have been house guests, so you really do not know what you are saying, this is not an argument that will continue on my behalf, why do you not ask the players yourself then you will have the correct answers i already have, and know what their reasons are for coming to Franceand it is not entirely finacial, how many players have taken French Nationality and why??? ask yourself that intead of spouting crap.

Continue with your thoughts do you really think we care!!!!!! of course the money is intresting nobody denies that but personally i know plenty of Saffirs pro players in France several have been house guests, so you really do not know what you are saying, this is not an argument that will continue on my behalf, why do you not ask the players yourself then you will have the correct answers i already have, and know what their reasons are for coming to Franceand it is not entirely finacial, how many players have taken French Nationality and why??? ask yourself that intead of spouting crap.

a few... Why?? because they are not good enough to be a Springbok...

Latest posts