• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 9

After reading the second part of the Eric Blanc interview not sure whether he is putting in a job application for the after WC manoevres, or he just wants a bit of publicity, has he written a book????? to actually announce Galthie or Ibanez who the hell else could do the job maybe Pelous, but hope he did not get paid for that statement as every man and his dog has been saying that for the last couple of years.
Alll we now need if a full page article in the Midol next Monday!!!!!!!!!!

I think the media have just got fed up with the whole issue and wiped it clean as it's all been said a thousand times flogging a dead horse comes to mind, at the moment we have ECC and Challenge maybe they will drag it up in Nov. have already got my tickets for France v Fidji on the 8th.

Ok maybe they're fed up. But I don't care about the media. I think they're a waste of time in this country. They're not doing their job. They're too afraid to rock the boat.

More importantly, are the fans getting really fed up with the lack of performance from les Bleus? from talking to many here I get the impression that it wouldn't take much, another round of defeats in AI and 6N, to lose the support of many, before the WC it would be a shame.

But when you look at the feast of tries we got lately in Top14 with some cracking games, and the no show of les Bleus in virtually every game last season, how much more crap can the fans take?

The coming test matches next month may give an idea if all the fans turn out, the only problem is they is so much corporate that it is difficult to see whether the real fans are there or not. For the fidji match as i will be there i could maybe count the real fans and report back!!!!!!!!!!!! (only joking)

meanwhile...in Toulon...

1794530_996230793727774_5287524825464540753_n.jpg

juuuuust look at them bladdy wunkahs....!! :D

oh and look:
10584103_951839531500234_6712218183599507946_n.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but I see 5 frenchmen (ok, "potential" frenchmen...) on this pic. There's just the one Australian white guy there, obviously trolling and spoiling the all-French party...god, what a dick.

meanwhile...in Toulon...

1794530_996230793727774_5287524825464540753_n.jpg

juuuuust look at them bladdy wunkahs....!! :D

Oh, wow, this photo cracked me up; that orange container of braai spice is just so cliche! It's like the cheapest, laziest way to season your meat over here. Do they have that **** in France or are these guys importing? And WTF are they using to grill? i don't even see any smoke. Bloody amateurs. Poor ambasadeurs of SA 'cuisine'. To think they are millionaires and that's the way they prepare their meat.

Everything on there at the same time as well, your boerewors, steaks and chicken (**** chicken). And the distribution all random. I just wonder what they think they are doing!!

Last edited:
Oh, wow, this photo cracked me up; that orange container of braai spice is just so cliche! It's like the cheapest, laziest way to season your meat over here. Do they have that **** in France or are these guys importing? And WTF are they using to grill? i don't even see any smoke. Bloody amateurs. Poor ambasadeurs of SA 'cuisine'. To think they are millionaires and that's the way they prepare their meat.

Everything on there at the same time as well, your boerewors, steaks and chicken (**** chicken). And the distribution all random. I just wonder what they think they are doing!!

It's a gas BBQ.

It's a gas BBQ.

I should have expected as much. It jsut gets worse.

What's the point of preparing your food outside then? The whole point of being outside is you are able to get a smoked flavour as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
The coming test matches next month may give an idea if all the fans turn out, the only problem is they is so much corporate that it is difficult to see whether the real fans are there or not. For the fidji match as i will be there i could maybe count the real fans and report back!!!!!!!!!!!! (only joking)

well if the action on the pitch is anything along what we saw last season, you may have to start counting the fans Gaston, just to kill the boredom :lol:

you seem to have forgotten Mickalak is injured.

could this be Freddie's last season? he is on his last year this season with Toulon, I can't see them extending another year. Could he be out of club by then?

I think the media have just got fed up with the whole issue and wiped it clean as it's all been said a thousand times flogging a dead horse comes to mind, at the moment we have ECC and Challenge maybe they will drag it up in Nov. have already got my tickets for France v Fidji on the 8th.

I think you're right about people getting fed up. Les Bleus have gone completely under the radar here. They are a lost cause under the current management.

I don't hear much interest here for Toulouse games for the Champions Cup. Everyone talks about the win over Montpellier like it was a Top 14 game :p It's the first time in at least 10 years where I hear so little interest for Europe. No more talk about le doublé either, that one is gone out of the window as well. Things change...

I think you're right about people getting fed up. Les Bleus have gone completely under the radar here. They are a lost cause under the current management.

I don't hear much interest here for Toulouse games for the Champions Cup. Everyone talks about the win over Montpellier like it was a Top 14 game :p It's the first time in at least 10 years where I hear so little interest for Europe. No more talk about le doublé either, that one is gone out of the window as well. Things change...

Be very interesting to know the whole crowd figures against first round last year................just get the feeling they would be down!

Latest posts