• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 9

Our Gregg took the same Michel Thomas French course as me!!

If Beziers is the MHR reserves, judging by the number of ex BO players at Grenoble, they are our first team!!

Course no coincidence as the main sponsor of BO was also main shareholder in both clubs until 18 months ago!!

Great match!

Way more exciting than some encounters between the richer clubs.

Grenoble could have scored again at the end but it would have been really cruel for Brive after they fought so hard to come back into the match.

Are Grenoble any good? Cardiff have them next week and I literally have no idea about them whatsoever :p

They are not a bad team but I don't think they will focus too much on the Challenge Cup so I'd expect a severely weakened squad.

Grenoble is very strong at home (unbeaten this season), they lost all of their away matches but all of these defeats were reasonably close (except for last round when Castres trashed them 51-10).

Are Grenoble any good? Cardiff have them next week and I literally have no idea about them whatsoever :p

How I miss Dean Ryan!!

To answer your question I would quote Dean and say they have no hope of Le Barrage but their half backs are superb. They do not have the scrum to gain enough possession and Arnaud Heguy has continued the form at Biarritz that saw him on the bench with his poor line out throws! Their present league position flatters them as they are low/middle class team

How did Chris Farrell go?

Was he playing? Think that says it really....

Eidt - to avoid triple post!!

Interesting, as always rated Dean Ryan as an analyst and here he was expounding the exact same views on Toulouse......not a problem of a few weeks but of years, very good players who have failed at ST but recovered after leaving, boot room progression in management needs a an injection of new blood with new ideas, Noves should be moved upstairs.

He must read these Forums.................

Last edited:
as of today Grenoble are 3rd in the league this will of course change over the weekend. But with a smaller budget and no stars they're punching way above their weight.

I can't see them doing anything in Challenge Cup, not their priority. Will probably field a 2nd string side.

59-7 Castres lose to Bordeaux who score over 50 twice on trot!!! Brilliant pick as my Top 14 team!!!

All home wins so far.......

Stade Francais 20 - Racing Metro 14

66 minutes

Try by Dambielle

Stade Francais 20 - Racing Metro 19

Penalty kick by Plisson

Stade Francais 23 - Racing Metro 19

Bordeaux Castres....another shellacking dished out by UBB with style & 9 TRIES !! what a game :bravo:

that's a total of 16 tries scored by Bordeaux in 2 games. Oh peuchèèère...

Guitoune FTD Parra are OUT with injuries.

limited and small victory by Montypellier, 25-9 nothing went right but we had the 4 pts in the end which is the most important (winning ugly) massive blow losing FTD fractured tibia right leg, he was operated on about 1/2 hr after the match was over but will be out for 3/4 months if all goes well.After getting himself back into the French squad this happens rotten luck, we now need a joker medical to replace him, someone mentioned Floood hope it was a joke!!!!!!!!

Tony and Gaston both sitting on 100% predicktions, Tony has Toulon, Gaston has Toulouse, who will have the 100%, is Gaston finally getting a little competition in the predicktion world!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
FTD a big blow for him, his club and France.

Looking forward to our match up tonight!!!

Halfpenny playing in THE match of the weekend...... But no Giteau? That could be a problem for my prediction!!!

Latest posts