• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 9

f;677478]That squad looks frightening!!!!!!!!!! just look at the back row, think Bernie le Bolt Laporte is looking for a win in Toulouse, will not be easy as Toulouse seem to have found a little form recently, if Toulon go behind by 10+ points that is about their only weakness so watch out for total commitment by Toulouse in the first 20 mins. Lets see if Noves has the Ba*** to pick Flood at 10, if he does we will maybe see if the signing was good or not, as he still has shown nothing great up to now.!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

What did i say about Toulons only weakness

When McAlister is in good form he is fantastic to watch.

Great break from Toulouse, kick didn't work out but good pressure.

Now I've done it, Luke missed a kick.

They are moidering RCT in every facet of the game and McAllister is playing better than have seen him for ages.

Only 26 min gone and the 16-0 score will not be dragged back and this could be a hiding!!!

Boudjelall needs to get his cheque book out for a tight and loose head, a 10 to rest Giteau and a back row not in their dotage!!!!

Have to wonder why he did go for Tialata when he was let go, against his wishes, by Bayonne last summer!!

Last edited:
Half backs have been brilliant for ST and Imanol back to his form of 2011 especially at the line out. That was never his problem at BO as does not take much effort!! However, he has done that, carried and even tackled and not had the trainer on once!

Remarkable......well done on that one, Noves!!!

Toulon went completely the wrong way on the Toulouse line there, slung it out to the side with less players and gave away a predictable penalty

67min gone and JOC chosen ahead of Halfpenny to kick for goal?

Toulon are looking the fitter side in this last part of the game, but feel there is still to much for Toulon to do.

That's more like it :)

I still think McAlister is not the answer at 10. One up and under is ok and it did give us one try. But if they held on more to the ball they could have scored another try.

The conditions were not easy we had the same problems on Sat holding on to the ball, the evening games are always difficult and last night Isabelle was present so it had to rain!!! I think McAlister is probably their best option, as for the moment Flood has show not a lot, and it is often the case that UK players coming to Franc often struggle. McAlister has a great kicking game and Doussain is by far the best 9 at Toulouse, i think he is a little wasterd when playing 10, so much better at 9. It shows what mental concentration is as the team was not that different to normal and they out thought and out classed Toulon by a country mile, i have always said get 10pts + in front of Toulon and its their only weakness, Bakkies starts fighting and forgets to play and Oconnar is not a 10. This was a performance seen many times by the great Toulouse, once the confidence is regained they will start winning again no problem.

67min gone and JOC chosen ahead of Halfpenny to kick for goal?

Very strange game from Toulon - Halfpenny put in a very good performance I thought - totally solid in defence and his positional work is always excellent. Could have done a bit more offensively but not really his fault - I kept seeing him move up to the wing to assist in attack but rarely got the chance to carry the ball. Considering the amount of time he has spent out of the game it was a good showing and think he'll soon become a big part of the team. JOC by contrast looked a little bit lost and Toulouse played superbly. It may have been one-sided but it was a great game to watch - great atmosphere and plenty of action!

Very strange game from Toulon - Halfpenny put in a very good performance I thought - totally solid in defence and his positional work is always excellent. Could have done a bit more offensively but not really his fault - I kept seeing him move up to the wing to assist in attack but rarely got the chance to carry the ball. Considering the amount of time he has spent out of the game it was a good showing and think he'll soon become a big part of the team. JOC by contrast looked a little bit lost and Toulouse played superbly. It may have been one-sided but it was a great game to watch - great atmosphere and plenty of action!

I would agree with all that! Halfpenny was solid and JOC demonstrated that he is not a 10!

Imanol, McAllister and Lacey have all come in for criticism from me over the last couple of years and apart from missing a few easy kicks by the former and a couple of missed of offences in latter stages by the latter, they all had very good games!!

Imanol has found his form of his great days with BO, this is often the case players do get stale when they have played for their clubs for years and become automatic choices whether on from or not. Imanol goes to Toulouse where the competition is heavy in the back row so he needs to make the effort which he obviously has done and is playing extremely well especially line out ball, last night he was the king and made Bakkies look very niave at times. We play them next week in the ECC, why did they need to find form NOW ??????????????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imanol has found his form of his great days with BO, this is often the case players do get stale when they have played for their clubs for years and become automatic choices whether on from or not.

This is true but not always the case and point too Medard, Clerc And Poitrenaud. A real professional should be capable of self motivation!!

Imanol's form loss seemed to me to coincide with his loss of international status and when he was picked to play for Biarritz in "nothing" matches even though they were important to his employer!!

He still managed to raise his game for the odd ones like H Cup or Amlin especially where there was the chance for self promotion (a la the face mask!!!)

The conditions were not easy we had the same problems on Sat holding on to the ball, the evening games are always difficult and last night Isabelle was present so it had to rain!!! I think McAlister is probably their best option, as for the moment Flood has show not a lot, and it is often the case that UK players coming to Franc often struggle. McAlister has a great kicking game and Doussain is by far the best 9 at Toulouse, i think he is a little wasterd when playing 10, so much better at 9. It shows what mental concentration is as the team was not that different to normal and they out thought and out classed Toulon by a country mile, i have always said get 10pts + in front of Toulon and its their only weakness, Bakkies starts fighting and forgets to play and Oconnar is not a 10. This was a performance seen many times by the great Toulouse, once the confidence is regained they will start winning again no problem.

OConnar!? is that a deliberate typo Gaston? ;)

ah yes Isabelle trop belle she makes the heaven weep alright..........that smile and those petits tailleurs......that basque lady will cause an accident on the sideline one day :lol:

Great personal story about Blanco and Biarritz [video]http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Blanco-tout-pour-sa-mere/506418[/video]

Latest posts