• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tour court punishment

Elburko

Academy Player
heading on tour in a few weeks. One of the lads attending has not played an away game all season, only home games. This will be brought up in court but trying to think of an original punishment which fits the crime. Any suggestions?

Ah the Kanagaroo Court. A staple part of a good rugby tour. I've been got a couple of times, once for not even going on my brother's tour which was ludicrous and once for being injured and instead of watching the team, I was accused of chatting up the captain's sister, which was only partially true.

heading on tour in a few weeks. One of the lads attending has not played an away game all season, only home games. This will be brought up in court but trying to think of an original punishment which fits the crime. Any suggestions?

As for not playing away games, I'd say it's a walk back from a game to wherever you're staying

It's got nothing to do with that particular crime, but I'm a huge fan of taping people together as a tour punishment. Endless fun to be had with a roll of masking tape on tour!

Make him find 20 married women and tell them he doesn't play away from home, but wouldn't mind if they did......

Other options

Fine him booze at every turn for breaking tour rules that have been made up in the spot - for wearing a blue shirt, for not wearing a blue shirt....

Make him carry around a cuddly toy (like Itoje's about to ).

Set him a challenge like acquiring a sign post, preferably one set in concrete. (c) Dublin 1995.

Nick his jeans and run them up the hotel flag pole. Dublin again!

My favorite was the Bath trip where one of the guys failed to mention that his 40th birthday fell on tour. Heinous in the extreme, but nothing a quick stop at a charity shop and an over sized judo suit that he had to wear for the rest of the trip couldn't sort out.

Every time you go into an establishment he has to speak to the manager and offer to buy the place so as he always has a home

Latest posts