• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2012/13

Tasesa Lavea has been released from his contract at Sale for "family reasons".
Either: He wanted out because he wasn't getting game time or Hanks/Diamond were unimpressed with his performances (he was pretty darn bad when he came on for us, to be fair) and/or his attitude and wanted rid.

Why? I doubt he'd even get into the Newcastle side. The mind boggles why Sale thought he'd be a good signing.
*remembers Sale signed Buckley*

Oh, NM.

Its about time Munster got a decent 12. Will help Earles development at 13 no end.

Right time for him, specially as good Irish players must be rare as rockinghorse **** under the new regs. Good luck to him, he'll be hard to replace.

James Downey, Felix Jones, Ian Keatley, Johne Murphy. Kieran Lewis and Ian Dowling in the recent past. Any chance we can rename the Munster backline as Leinster A?

EDIT - Downey should prove to be a decent signing. He's very good at crashing forward. He'll be 31 when he joins Munster so they should be smart and rotate him liberally in away Pro 12 games. He'll need a creative 13 alongside him for Munster to thrive in my opinion.

Last edited:
James Downey, Felix Jones, Ian Keatley, Johne Murphy. Kieran Lewis and Ian Dowling in the recent past. Any chance we can rename the Munster backline as Leinster A?

EDIT - Downey should prove to be a decent signing. He's very good at crashing forward. He'll be 31 when he joins Munster so they should be smart and rotate him liberally in away Pro 12 games. He'll need a creative 13 alongside him for Munster to thrive in my opinion.

You forgot Niall Ronan. Would you swap them back for Reddan, Ross and Cronin?

Yeah Downey is a good signing. Some Munster fans don't seem to think so.

For a few seconds I wondered why Munster wanted Justin Downey.
Schoolboy error.

Yeah Downey is a good signing. Some Munster fans don't seem to think so.

Not that he isn't a good signing, he will probably be very solid, but he is a short term stop-gap

Not that he isn't a good signing, he will probably be very solid, but he is a short term stop-gap

Munster are not producing any centers so the short term could turn into medium term and then long term.

Murray
O'Gara
Howlett
Downey
Earls
Jones

I'd imagine. There are a lot of combinations there Laulala could come in, Earls could take Howlett's place or the fullback spot. No idea.

What about Hanrahan?

Thats the only player. He is going to be a very good one but more of a 10 in the long term I think. Theres another player in the academy called Cian Bohane but I know nothing about him.

I think Downey is a stop gap while Hanrahan develops. At the end of Downey's contract, he'll be 33 and Hanrahan will be 22. Hanrahan will probably be rotated into the team 5-10 times next season and 10-15 times the following season before taking the inside centre spot full time.

Latest posts