• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2012/13

I think Downey is a stop gap while Hanrahan develops. At the end of Downey's contract, he'll be 33 and Hanrahan will be 22. Hanrahan will probably be rotated into the team 5-10 times next season and 10-15 times the following season before taking the inside centre spot full time.

Will be far too early for him by Munster standards :lol:

You're probably right. They'll sign another 3 or 4 Leinster rejects until Hanrahan is 34. He should be okay to get a game then.

Strokosch to Perpignan has now been confirmed to be happening at end of the season.

The French clubs have to be the most greediest clubs ever. Im surprised that with half the all blacks in their sides, the cup isn't permanently in France.

The French clubs have to be the most greediest clubs ever. Im surprised that with half the all blacks in their sides, the cup isn't permanently in France.

I'd hardly call them greedy. Would you not like to see the Blues bring in some top class foreign talent to supplement their Welsh players.

people exaggerate the strength of the French sides so much, people still refer to Perpignan as "giants" just because they have Hook but look down the rest of their squad and it is seriously not that much different from a team the standard of Sale or Wasps

same with Biarritz and Racing-Métro they are not as strong or have as good players as they are built up by the British press to be, there are only two good French teams Clermont and Toulouse and they are stronger than the rest because they are rich any because they produce loads of players through their academy

people exaggerate the strength of the French sides so much, people still refer to Perpignan as "giants" just because they have Hook but look down the rest of their squad and it is seriously not that much different from a team the standard of Sale or Wasps

same with Biarritz and Racing-Métro they are not as strong or have as good players as they are built up by the British press to be, there are only two good French teams Clermont and Toulouse and they are stronger than the rest because they are rich any because they produce loads of players through their academy

And when you consider the decline of Biarritz and Stade over the past few years, and the emergence of no real replacements (although Montpellier are on the right track), it'd be fair to say that the French league could well be weaker than it was about 5 years ago.

Dwayne Peel, Nick MacLeod and Marc Jones have all re-signed for Sale :D

Marc Jones should have gone to Wales, there are places available for him at the Blues and the Dragons after Gareth Williams and Tom Willis retired, and in my opinion he is better than Lloyd Burns and Richie Hibbard who ihave both featured in recent Wales squads just isn't picked because he's at Sale

if he came to Wales I think he would seriously challenge Bennett as second choice hooker and in my opinion be better than him as well

He's only signed on for another year, while the other two have signed for two - I think he'll be off to Wales after that.

Worcester Warriors have signed John Andress from Exeter Chiefs on a 2 year deal. I'm surprised he didn't end up in either Connacht or Munster since it would have boosted his international ambitions. Connacht badly need a starting tighthead while Munster need decent cover for BJ Botha. As far as the Irish management is concerned, out of sight is out of mind.

Worcester Warriors have signed John Andress from Exeter Chiefs on a 2 year deal. I'm surprised he didn't end up in either Connacht or Munster since it would have boosted his international ambitions. Connacht badly need a starting tighthead while Munster need decent cover for BJ Botha. As far as the Irish management is concerned, out of sight is out of mind.

Ulster were looking at him but then came to the opinion he was still a nobhead. Munster also apparently looked at him but decided against it and I can only think similar logic was involved as he's better than Archer.

As for Connacht, it's almost as out of sight as England, and a lot less well paid.

Latest posts