• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2012/13

Can't believe that!
They must be really trusting Heathcote and Donald to stay fit, and considering their track records last (and now this) season.......

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Woo yay! Good call Draggs.

How long until Heathcote and Donald are fit? Must have faith in Devoto or something.

I'm not sure Racing spending a lot on Barkley is good value.

They will be getting Hernández back soon, and also have Fabrice Estebanez available who plays the same positions as Barkley.

They will only need a 10 on a temporary basis, so I'm surprised they decided to go the expensive route of buying somebody out of their contract.

Last time Barkley left Bath for Gloucester, apparently he had problems settling and his stay was pretty poor, so he doesn't have a good track record of travelling either.

Is Barkley a good distributor these days?

Is he better suited to 10 or 12?

Last edited:
Donald......!!

If they are relying on that lump, they are facing relegation!! He has to be the luckiest RWC winner in the history of the competition and Gold must be wondering what the hell he inherited and its cost!!

Believe Billy Twelvetrees will be moved to 10..............that is when they sign him from Gloucester!!!!!!

We are all doomed!!

Last edited:
Andrew Tieddemann(Prop). Prairie Wolf Pack -------->>>>>Auch

Last edited:
From SudOuest paper today as Bayonne seek a new No 8....................

"Yesterday evening, two people seemed to be preferred being All Blacks Victor Vito (25 years, 1.92 m, 110 kg, 10 selections) and Liam Messam (28 years, 1.90 m, 108 kg, 13 selections).
Both are currently are in the New Zealand squad until the Four Nations."

From SudOuest paper today as Bayonne seek a new No 8....................

"Yesterday evening, two people seemed to be preferred being All Blacks Victor Vito (25 years, 1.92 m, 110 kg, 10 selections) and Liam Messam (28 years, 1.90 m, 108 kg, 13 selections).
Both are currently are in the New Zealand squad until the Four Nations."

Ex All Blacks + Bayonne = Bad results

Surprised neither party seems to have worked this out.

Bayonne is an unstable poorly run club, playing crap rugby and again in big danger of being relegated to Pro D2. Unless they are offering a substantial amount more, it wouldn't be recommended to join them.

Can't see Messam leaving NZ anyway to be honest, probably just a made up French media story.

Ex All Blacks + Bayonne = Bad results

Surprised neither party seems to have worked this out.

Bayonne is an unstable poorly run club, playing crap rugby and again in big danger of being relegated to Pro D2. Unless they are offering a substantial amount more, it wouldn't be recommended to join them.

Can't see Messam leaving NZ anyway to be honest, probably just a made up French media story.

Cannot but agree with all that!!

If they ever get proper management and work out how to get their players to WANT to play and to play as a team.....they might just be a problem to their more illustrious neighbours!!

If they ever get proper management and work out how to get their players to WANT to play and to play as a team.....they might just be a problem to their more illustrious neighbours!!

I presume you are talking about illustrious neighbours Mont de Marson Tony!!!!!!

Messam only re-signed recently too - and after just cracking the All Blacks first XV I can't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

Vito, on the other hand, is yet to re-sign (with the Hurricanes at least). That being said, I still don't see him leaving.

Worcester just signed Euan Murray. I think he could play well for the club but he can be pretty unpredictable, hopefully we will get the best out of him

I presume you are talking about illustrious neighbours Mont de Marson Tony!!!!!!

But of course......................!!

[h=2]Rugbyram today reports

The second row of Toulon South African, Bakkies Botha , said he was very happy with the imminent arrival o fDanie Rossouw in RCT. Both have played many times for the Springboks.[/h]" I'm happy my life time friend Danie Rossouw is joining me next year at club RCT in France "wrote on Bakkies Botha Twitter.

Pleased to say that Hallam Amos has signed a three year contract with the Newport Gwent Dragons.

[Should leave if he has any aspirations, etc]

Surprised the Ospreys weren't after him. They just love Fussell, though.

Pleased to say that Hallam Amos has signed a three year contract with the Newport Gwent Dragons.

[Should leave if he has any aspirations, etc]

Surprised the Ospreys weren't after him. They just love Fussell, though.

Probably because he is a kid who is unproven at professional level.

I would expect Lydiate will leave what's becoming a rag-tag bunch of Principality Premiership standard players and rejects from the Heineken Cup regions at the end of the season, with Faletau following the season after. They both should leave, unless they are happy playing in a pack so bad that a 19 year old kid prop can dominate their scrum.

Probably because he is a kid who is unproven at professional level.

I would expect Lydiate will leave what's becoming a rag-tag bunch of Principality Premiership standard players and rejects from the Heineken Cup regions at the end of the season, with Faletau following the season after. They both should leave, unless they are happy playing in a pack so bad that a 19 year old kid prop can dominate their scrum.
So... Cardiff Blues and Scarlets as well? Welsh club rugby is awful, and contributes nothing to the national side. Why else does Gatland have to take them to Poland yearly?
I often wonder why we get the tag of rejects. Sweeney, Cooper, Bearman, Fussell, Gough, Isaacs, amongst others have all gone elsewhere.

The Blues lost to Sale. They lost to Edinburgh (who were beaten by 20 points at Rodney). They lost to Glasgow. They really should have lost to us.

So... Cardiff Blues and Scarlets as well? Welsh club rugby is awful, and contributes nothing to the national side. Why else does Gatland have to take them to Poland yearly?
I often wonder why we get the tag of rejects. Sweeney, Cooper, Bearman, Fussell, Gough, Isaacs, amongst others have all gone elsewhere.

The Blues lost to Sale. They lost to Edinburgh (who were beaten by 20 points at Rodney). They lost to Glasgow. They really should have lost to us.

They get the tag of rejects because they sign unwanted out of favour players from other regions (this year Dan Evans, Prydie, Cudd, Liam Davies), surprised they didn't sign Gareth Owen. The Cardiff Blues are poor, when they played the Dragons is was a very low standard match. I was surprised that Dragons beat Edinburgh by that margin after some very ordinary performances prior to that, but after seeing Edinburgh's result against Saracens, something strange seems to have happened to that side.

The vast majority of the Dragons squad can be separated into 3 categories. The only exceptions are Lydiate, Faletau and Chavhanga. Most of the players who no longer fit in any of the categories leave such as Tovey, Gough, Owen etc. Lydiate and Faletau probably will too soon.

During the Paul Turner reign, there was also a fourth category you could fit their squad in - permanently crocked Kiwis.

Rejects from other regions:

182306.jpg
183168.jpg
203820.jpg
181289.jpg
220880.jpg
85911.jpg
182312.jpg
228902.jpg
228904.jpg

Principality Premiership/RFU Championship standard players (average club player at best):

100540.jpg
213322.jpg
194943.jpg
203822.jpg
206597.jpg
228905.jpg
216002.jpg
220881.jpg
228901.jpg
162541.jpg
212776.jpg
226584.jpg
221268.jpg
221260.jpg
209098.jpg
167369.jpg
224542.jpg
203819.jpg
213336.jpg
220913.jpg

Kids (probably will end up in the Principality Premiership standard category, if not then will probably leave):

221266.jpg
224950.jpg
223983.jpg
212777.jpg
213529.jpg
213335.jpg
223984.jpg
216342.jpg

In all fairness I think the Dragons will finish ahead of the Blues this year if performances continue the way they have, I've always thought the Dragons are fantastic improvisers in finding damn decent players with less money than the other regions. Some of the players you've put into the 'rejects' list are probably slightly harsh. Wayne Evans left Cardiff because he was a promising youngster who couldnt get past 2nd choice because we had Mike Phillips at the time... Prydie left the Ospreys because he wasd (again) another promising youngster who couldnt break into the team, and then had a long injury layoff. The guy has only just gone through the u20s so hardly as if he's been tossed onto the 'unwanted' pile already! Dragons have a habit of finding these types of players and bringing the best out of them imo!

Some of the players you've put into the 'rejects' list are probably slightly harsh. Wayne Evans left Cardiff because he was a promising youngster who couldnt get past 2nd choice because we had Mike Phillips at the time... Prydie left the Ospreys because he wasd (again) another promising youngster who couldnt break into the team, and then had a long injury layoff. The guy has only just gone through the u20s so hardly as if he's been tossed onto the 'unwanted' pile already! Dragons have a habit of finding these types of players and bringing the best out of them imo!

Both Wayne Evans and Prydie were unwanted by the Blues and the Ospreys.

In Prydie's case, I have no idea why Tandy decided to keep Isaacs and didn't want Prydie (just like keeping Vaughton ahead of Brew was an awful decision). It was a wrong decision imo, but he was still unwanted by Tandy.

Latest posts