• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2013/14

Not really a good thing though, is it? Especially as at the moment he's playing like a horse on LSD

Olyy, I heard that Richie Gray's leaving too. And Seymour. Henry Thomas, Richie Vernon, Amesbury, Miller...

Not saying he's quite at his best. But I heard through reports Gray had a great game in Sale's win over Worcester and was integral to that win, some seem to be putting two and two together and overly slagging off Cipriani and Gray as if they're the worst in the team. I bet if Gray had joined Leicester and was playing exactly the same, nobody would have noticed. Seems to be doing better for Scotland than Sale anyway.

If Myall was so good and one of the best in the league people would be putting him forward for England or at least Saxons, he's in neither, and I didn't see much demand for him to be in either. Although to be fair, that all a lock needs to do is join Leicester to get in England squad, just see how Parling suddenly got in England squad since joining, and that there are four Leicester locks around the England squad.

I'm sure most of those players are only leaving on the condition that Sale go down. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Gray leave, he could still attract a lot better team than Sale based on reputation, and people would stop criticising him if he joined a side like Leicester as any lock who plays for them is automatically good it seems according to some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Vernon and Miller leave - Seymour has said he isn't, regardless of if we drop - Dan Braid too.
Amesbury I'd like to think would stay, but who knows.
Henry has like three years on his contract, but if we drop I imagine he'll go, as he's so close to the England squad.

If we can source a bionic spine for Ostrikov then with him and Holmes we'll be good (presuming Gaskell can get back to his old lineout form).

That's good, you probs guessed I was pulling your leg. Sale still have arguably the best premiership back-row, a good midfield, half-backs and great back 3... Its my firm belief that Welsh are for the chop

Not saying he's quite at his best. But I heard through reports Gray had a great game in Sale's win over Worcester and was integral to that win, some seem to be putting two and two together and overly slagging off Cipriani and Gray as if they're the worst in the team. I bet if Gray had joined Leicester and was playing exactly the same, nobody would have noticed. Seems to be doing better for Scotland than Sale anyway.

If Myall was so good and one of the best in the league people would be putting him forward for England or at least Saxons, he's in neither, and I didn't see much demand for him to be in either. Although to be fair, that all a lock needs to do is join Leicester to get in England squad, just see how Parling suddenly got in England squad since joining, and that there are four Leicester locks around the England squad.

I'm sure most of those players are only leaving on the condition that Sale go down. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Gray leave, he could still attract a lot better team than Sale based on reputation, and people would stop criticising him if he joined a side like Leicester as any lock who plays for them is automatically good it seems according to some.

Oh and I agree Duck. I think Myall could be a good wasp if you see what I mean, we have a fairly good history of getting the best out of players. He's certainly not there yet, though I do think he's been a standout performer for Sale this season. Great work-rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good, you probs guessed I was pulling your leg. Sale still have arguably the best premiership back-row, a good midfield, half-backs and great back 3... Its my firm belief that Welsh are for the chop

Really? .....

A_tEYJwCAAAx4_B.jpg

Myall is the best lineout forward in the premiership (imo/stats wise), but not the best lock in the premiership :p
He's good in other aspects of the game, but not the best - more than makes up for it in the lineout, imo, and his work rate is way up there.
Parling is a better lock, imo, not quite as good at the lineout but picks better lines/is better in the tight than Myall.
Like you said though, if Myall played for a bigger club then maybe he'd be better regarded - he was at Leeds and now us, not exactly flitting between Tigers and Sarries.

Also, that Worcester game Gray wasn't as great as The Rugby Club think - he was better than every other showing for us, but Sky saw it and spaffed their pants as he wasn't terrible. He did the bare minimum you'd expect considering his reputation, we didn't win because of him.
Not saying he's a bad player, just doesn't/hasn't/probably won't hit his top form for us.

Think Myall has taken more lineouts this season than any other player bar Wentzel. He got England Saxons caps last season iirc. Don't think he's ever going to be England quality, but I'd have no objection if he got back in. He's certainly a very good domestic player of the type Sale really couldn't afford to lose.

If Gray had a good game against Wuss, it would be about his first. Should/will be shipped on. I'm sure he can do better than Sale; Sale can also do better than him.

Also, I've no idea what Leicester and their selection of locks has to do with this. I'm going to regret asking, but, seriously, what do they have to do with Sale's locks?

That's a great signing - Bristol are recruiting very well. Reckon they'll be back in the prem very soon.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Would've liked to have seen Robinson go to the Dragons, but never mind.

An Italian paper is, apparently, reporting that ***o Tebaldi has signed for the Ospreys, as the replacement for Fotuali'i.

Two re-signings being announced in the morning for Sale - apparently Miller and Braid.

Sale still have arguably the best premiership back-row
I wouldn't have them in the top 6...

Two re-signings being announced in the morning for Sale - apparently Miller and Braid.
Good news for Sale. I think there's some slight confidence running through the squad - looks like they will avoid the drop. Who knows what will happen after that? Miller was a target for Tigers and would have been a good match for them.

Hands up who is surprised that Jenkins is returning?
No one?

It was known two months back, nothing to see here.

Hands up who is surprised that Jenkins is returning?
No one?

It was known two months back, nothing to see here.

This has been rumoured for ages now, well before the new year at least.

Blues now have 2/3 of Wales' Grand Slam and Lions front row for next season.

Pity for them though both are now 32 and judging by performances over the past year are both now on the decline. Matthew Rees is no longer one of Wales' top two hookers really, and Gethin Jenkins has had a nightmare time at Toulon and should have been dropped for Paul James and lucky to still be in the Wales XV.

I wonder whether Campese Ma'afu (who has now gone down to about fourth choice LH there now) will be there next season to see out his two year contract that the Blues bafflingly gave him.

If this was four years ago it would excellent for them. This isn't a long-term solution, they need some young hookers coming through.
Still think they should have gone for Bennett last year. He was better than Tyrrell...

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but Lions prop and captain JC Janse van Rensburg has signed with Bayonne, for 2 years.

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but Lions prop and captain JC Janse van Rensburg has signed with Bayonne, for 2 years.
I am surprised. He seemed pretty committed to the Lions after they named him captain.
Then again, they probably waved the dosh.

Cedric Heymans, having been told his contract at Bayonne not being renewed, has announced his retirement with effect from end of the season..........Great player and servant to Toulouse and France.

Latest posts